• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wars of Warcraft opinions wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Basically, Im making a map similar to maps like Azeroth Wars, except mine is current to WoW and extremely accurate and detailed. I have every continent, island, and world included, and nearly every zone, town, fortress, and site of power in WoW. Hopefully I'll be able to wrap it up into a highly realistic and accurate RTS game.

Anyways, I'd like some opinions on certain subjects that I can't make my mind up on which would be better -

1) For balancing purposes, one player will control the tauren and majority of troll tribes. Also, every player will have 3 heroes. The problem is that there are 4 highly notable and suitable heroes for this player. King Rasthakan (King of all the Troll Tribes) Zul'jin (Amani Tribe Chief) Vol'jin (Darkspear Tribe Chief, councilor to Thrall) and Cairne Bloodhoof (Tauren Chief) I want to know which 2 of the 3 troll heroes I should use.

2) Apart regular gold incomes, players will be able to collect power points (lumber) by doing various things like clearing an instance, taking a site of power, and a few other ways. And each player has special racial powers/abilities they can use with these. I'd like some opinions for some racial abilities or special units that can be summoned/trained.

3) Should the Temple of Atal'Hakkar (aka Sunken Temple) and the Atal'ai trolls be included with the Trolls/Tauren player, or be an instance that can be cleared for power points (and will reset throughout the game for multiple clears)

4) One of the few locations I havent included is the Emerald Dream, for some obvious reasons. Would this be missed? and does anybody have ideas on how it could be included for the Night Elves without taking much space up? My map is pretty full.

5) As I have it now, neutral places like Shattrath City, Booty Bay, the Stormspire, start out uncontrolled. Any better ideas?

If you have any more questions, please post. Thanks for all suggestions/opinions.

Level 12
Good luck putting all of them in a 256x256 map without making SW be 3 ft away from lets say booty bay....the whole world is huge you could try focusing on something a bit smaller,maybe do only one continent...As for my opinion,you dont need the emerald dream to make ur map good...

Level 2
I actually already did the terrain. And it fits quite well. I'll post some pics of it on one of these forums some time so you can see.

Level 2
Well, the Emerald Dream would be controlled by night elves, and would basically be another zone to be conquered, you access the dream through one of the 4 waygates in Ashenvale, Darkshire, Hinterlands, and Crystalsong Forest. So it would be a very strategic point for a player and his teammates, since whoever controls the Emerald Dream would have access to all 3 continents with ease. I would also put in green dragons and other Emerald Dream residents that can be enlisted in your army through the use of power points. Special stuff like that, overall it would simply be a strategic stronghold to be fought over.

And I was not aware the Wars of Warcraft title was taken already, at least not on US West servers. More information on that would be appreciated Void. If it is, I'll find another suitable name for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.