• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

warpping. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
First import the model file, but remeber that 3ds file format isn't good at saving animations so don't be suprised when they disapper.

When you import the model click Modify Panel -> open modifier list and click Unwrap UVW. Click Edit and in the new window open Mapping -> Flatten Mapping and set Spacing to 0.2. Face Angle Threshold is less important, type a number between 30-90 degrees.

And to extract the UV Map download Texporter for 3D Max 7: http://www.cuneytozdas.com/software/3dsmax/Texporter/texporter_install_v3.4.6.6.exe

I've bolded the 3dmax menu names. Hopes this helps you and if you have more questions about wrapping post them here.

Level 11
hey,thanks pike.im pretty sure i can figure the rest on my own.
get a UV map of the model. draw on it. voila
File > Pull Uv map out of ass didnt work for me,so i used pikes method

BTW pike can you send me the princeofpersia body model when your done,ill wont give him a gringy look like the sword.

Status
Not open for further replies.