• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Warlords Tournament!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Here it comes...the first Warlords tourney!

So, how will it work?

Knockout style, with teams of two. Each round will consist of one team taking a warlord and the Imperials (two warlord slots will be left empty), and the other team using the barbs. After the game, the two will switch sides.

If one side wins both, they go through to the next round.
If both side wins one, then the team that won quickest goes through.
In the event of a whole team dropped before the conclusion, they lose that game.

Neither I nor Anitarf will be compete, but the winners can go head to head with us.

Prizes will be rep, with at least reppings from both me and Anitarf. Then there's prestige, and your name being added to the Hall of Fame of Warlords.

So...who's up for showing their strategical bite?

Will be held some time shortly in the future on Northrend.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Download link is invalid, people require regesteration at the site to DL it and thus it is not easy for people to join in this. I recommend waiting a week since by then all functions for DL and UL should be fully opperational again. Ralle is working his hardest at the server move and so hopefully UL/DL will not be down for too long.

Level 14
First of let me say this is my first time running a tournament, so wish me luck!

Warlords Tournament!

- Teams will be made up of a pair of players.
- The format will be a knockout.
- Each round will be made up of two games. Each team will play both as a combo of warlord/imperials and as the two barbarians.
- The winner of each round shall be the pair that wins both games, or wins in the fastest time/loses in the slowest time.
- Any warlord may be used (the other warlord slots will be left empty).
- Where the numbers for the rounds do not properly make up (ie: odd number of pairs), something will be done at the discretion of Griffen (failing that, Anitarf).
- This will take the form of either a team that performed well but lost in an earlier round being allowed to take part again, or a team being given a bye (don't have to play that round).
- The winner shall be the last pair left.
- The winners then get to play an exhibition match against Griffen and Anitarf (or a substitute, in case of problems), with the replay displayed.

Prizes will be, regardless of the outcome of the exhibition match, rep from at least Griffen and Anitarf, and a place in Warlords' 'Hall of Fame' for all time.

I, Griffen, reserve the right to change whatever I want whenever I want, but I'll endeavour not to while upholding a fair spirit. My word is law in relation to this (I could do it subtlely, but this is more watertight and clear).

Cheating or bug abuse isn't permitted, and please keep matches civil. Matches will take place over the period over the next couple of weeks (depending on numbers).

So, how to enter? Well, give me a PM. Matches will be arranged by mutual agreement; all you have to do is to play one match each round. Everyone involved will have their names put in both THW and WC3C threads.

Matches are best arranged by the participants. Failing that I'll arrange them. For a match to count, it must have both replays sent to me, and then I'll put up the result.

Signups end Friday 6th July 2007 (end of the day in GMT, but really within Friday in any timezone won't matter too much). Then I'll put up the names and we can get cracking.

The version that shall be used is probably going to be 0.1.9w (not v). I need to make some alterations, mainly to what happens when people drop (at present, the Imperial AI cheats too much).

Status
Not open for further replies.