• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warlords Battlecry 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
So, I wanted to start this thread discussing, one of my favourite games: Warlords Battlecry 3...

It's simmilar to Warcraft still the graphic looks old... I have played it for years, untill my cd broke :goblin_cry:...

But the game is still awesome! All those races, all those classes for heros and their ability to learn different spell-classes fascinated me...

So what's your opinion about WBC3?

{EDIT}
*bumb*

Last edited by a moderator:
bumb?

A nice game, finally some game which focused more on quantity rather than quality (talking more graphic wise), I'd really like to see a sequel, there are very few games having 8+ races (ignoring age of empires, where all civs are almost the same). But the hero system is on one hand good, on the other hand horrible, especially because hero death is permanent.

Level 12
Well, I have played troughout the campaign and I failed with my hero mostly on the last mission, seriously the Gorgonn has strong defenders

Also there's a somewhat sequel but it ain't a RTS it's A TBS (TURN-BASED-STRATEGY) it's called Warlords IV

Level 11
i honestly loved Warlords Battlecry II much more then III, because of the great campaign mode, but III is good i guess cause of all the races :D, but as for the game itself i love the hero customization of the game.. truly original :D

Level 22
bumb?

A nice game, finally some game which focused more on quantity rather than quality (talking more graphic wise), I'd really like to see a sequel, there are very few games having 8+ races (ignoring age of empires, where all civs are almost the same). But the hero system is on one hand good, on the other hand horrible, especially because hero death is permanent.

Quantity over quality, is that a good thing? :eek:

Quantity over quality, is that a good thing? :eek:

Damn I overlooked this thread. Yes, that may be a good thing. What is the purpose of having ultra graphics, innovative gameplay, advanced engine, stunning cinematics, if the campaign is very short, only 2 races, small techtrees and only opening and ending cinematic?

Level 24
Watch out before i rape your base with my 3 experienced Minotaur Kings.
minoking.gif
minoking.gif
minoking.gif

Campaign in 2 and 3 was fucking easy.

Level 24
Well the WB games were great, but i don't think there were enough diversity between the different races. What i don't get is why they split them up into so many races.

Orcs and minotaurs went underneath the same race in 2, but got split up into seperate races in the 3rd game. The same happend to alot of other races.

Status
Not open for further replies.