• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warhazard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Found an ISO for Warhazard.
Installed and playing through the English version.

Oddly enough rumors are true.... long cutscene and not up to Blizzard quality, however I find myself enjoying the missions...

And I LOL every time the dude says "asteroth" rofl

Warhazard is an unofficial expansion for WarCraft III: Reign of Chaos and is by no means endorsed by WarCraft developer Blizzard. The plot of Warhazard will sound familiar to players of the original: gloom engulfs the country and demons arise in the cover of foggy valleys. The time of heroes returns, as players lead the sword of nemesis through battles into an unimaginable adventure. Warhazard basically delivers four new campaigns for the series, as well as a collection of new multiplayer maps and game modes. It also brings with it new units and items, and also a new Level Up system, which rewards an active player with more skill points. A role-play campaign places players in charge of a party with several heroes, as they explore mystical worlds in the search for the holy artefact.

Warhazard: Return of Darkness
First Released Jun 12, 2002
PC
Gamespot Score
--
Not Reviewed
GAME INFO

An unoffical, though entertaining, expansion pack to Warcraft 3.

User Rating: 6.8 | Warhazard: Return of Darkness PC
By Lunne89 | Review Date: April 7, 2007
COMPLETELY UNOFFICIAL
This is a completely unofficial expansion pack to that great game, Warcraft III. It's made by the german game-developer X-Media - who hasn't made anything since or before.

I want to say this before I go any further; at the time of my writing this, I have not yet finished it, and have only played a few levels. Got it memorised? Good; now, onwards!

BETTER THAN IT LOOKS...
Don't be fooled by it's shoddy appearance; it's a better game than it looks. Not as great as the original, sure, but with it's interesting twists and turns it manages to keep me playing it.

But. It has not been made as a "real" game. It is simply a few levels, approx. 15 in all, divided into three campaigns and a few new skirmish modes, made with the same editor as everyone who owns Warcraft 3 has.

It has been made by german developers, and therefore comes with both german as well as english translations. Though problems still exists with this; but more about this later.

The game also features some adequate voice-overs, in both german and english.

...THOUGH NOT THAT GOOD
A downside of it is its lengthy cutscenes. They can go on for a good five minutes, with no way of skipping or even pausing them. They haven't been made with the same care and excellence as the original game's developer - unsurprisingly enough - and get quite boring, with lengthy conversations and a camera that might make a few turns and panorama-shots every one-in-a-while but seldom moves anywhere else than whoever's talking.

There are also problems with several of the labels, the descriptions of objects in the game. Since the game comes in both german as well as english, a few mistranslations have slipped through, and german descriptions of the levels and objects in the game exists.

THE STORY
The story, in the campaign which I have played, starts with the soldier Whatshisname, who must journey to the town of Asteroth. He has just witnessed the destruction of his hometown of Erlingen by a vicious orc army, led by a shaman of considerable power. He escapes, wearing nothing but his armour, his sword, and a talisman that he has had ever since he was a young boy.

He arrives at Asteroth to warn the mayor of the impending attack, and meets a paladin named Ghourry Gabriev. He also meets the dwarf Eiric Somethingbeard, and together they prepare the city's defences.

The orc shaman is looking for a artifact, which is said to be found in Asteroth. Whatshisname fights this shaman and his army, and almost manages to defeat him. But, just as he is to deal the killing blow, the shaman strikes with a dagger coated with poison, and Whatshisname falls. The shaman is about to kill him, when Eiric shows up, and manages to scare the shaman away.

When Whatshisname wakes up the day after inside the city-walls of Asteroth, he notices that his talisman has been stolen...

WORTH A CHEAP PRIZE
All in all, it's entertaining. The original game is better, but the developers have done their best. If you can find it for a cheap sum, and you really like Warcraft, and you don't have anything else to play, you might want to pick this up.

What Blizzard Interactive has to say about it, remains unknown...

See ya next time!
/Lunne89
First, this game is not too appealing and is quite confusing.

User Rating: 7 | Warhazard: Return of Darkness PC
By kid23455 | Review Date: January 6, 2009
First, this game is not too appealing and is quite confusing.
The game starts off with some character and a little story. There are some interesting ideas behind the game. None are truly inspired, but the game is fun.
Graphics: 4/5
Not graphics, more visual creations. The maps are downright beautiful and interesting. There is a little too much added to the maps, but that is okay if you have a fast video card.
Campaign: 3/5
Not too inspired, but does introduce some interesting concepts. Fun, and easier if you have the frozen throne because of newer buildings. The characters are good, even if the voice is only done by a single person, and it sounds kind of funny.
I'm not doing a sounds section, for obvious reasons. (If you can't figure them out you are really retarded)
Gameplay:3/5
Basic gameplay, go here do that. Not too much to talk about.
Price: not too much, some sell it cheap and some sell it for a f***ing million dollars.
AI:
Not too improved, in any way, no custom features and no imported things.
Secrets: 1/5
There are a few, but they are pretty much pointless, on the second level there is a captain hidden in the trees, but he dosen't do crap.
The bottom line:
Buy if you want, you can spend a couple hours and it is good for a rainy or snowy day, and you can kill a bunch of snow days from school as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.