• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warhammer - Reign of Terror

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Use attachments it certainly the same decision. The main thing that received as a result of model looked as in Warhammer (I not so unitary spoke, that the name should meet to the contents) and it will be magnificent. The increase of quantity of races it too is good. It is possible, for example to add high elfs and\or dwarfs or other races from WH FB.

Level 4
Joining up with Riotiz as a co-mapper :) So expect lots of battle grounds to play on :)

ATM Hive content has our eyes set on prize - Vampire Counts.
Excellent count model already elected - much thanks to Dionesiist for the http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/vampire-combatant-188818/?prev=search%3Dvampire%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20.

We also have the http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/wraith-lord-104995/?prev=search%3Dwraith%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20 by donut3.5.

Lots of already useful undead models come with WC3 so really this is a size-saving race, the vampire can be lowered to a decent 150-160kbs and still look great and the wraith is only 75kb - both further zipped by WC3 will mean VC = very cheap to include.

Also going to be working on a Sylvania battleground very soon :) and possibly redo another one of the battlegrounds available already.

Theres a lot of stuff we can optimize right now to make the races cheap on the imports :) So expect some interesting eye-candy :)

Last edited:
Level 22
Joining up with Riotiz as a co-mapper :) So expect lots of battle grounds to play on :)

ATM Hive content has our eyes set on prize - Vampire Counts.
Excellent count model already elected - much thanks to Dionesiist for the http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/vampire-combatant-188818/?prev=search%3Dvampire%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20.

We also have the http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/wraith-lord-104995/?prev=search=wraith&d=list&r=20 by donut3.5.

Lots of already useful undead models come with WC3 so really this is a size-saving race, the vampire can be lowered to a decent 150-160kbs and still look great and the wraith is only 75kb - both further zipped by WC3 will mean VC = very cheap to include.

Also going to be working on a Sylvania battleground very soon :) and possibly redo another one of the battlegrounds available already.

Theres a lot of stuff we can optimize right now to make the races cheap on the imports :) So expect some interesting eye-candy :)

I myself am very interested in Dark Elves, not just because of their models, but their lineage. Counts would certainly be easier, I'll give you that.

@DarkElf: Dwarves will be included in the Empire, just as Chaos Dwarves are includd in the Warriors of Chaos.

These are the animations I could swap, http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...?prev=search=villager%20animation&d=list&r=20 and put them into this model... http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/villager-man-122139/?prev=search=villager&d=list&r=20

I'd need permission from both authors of course... But before I get in, can anyone do this?

Level 4
Dark elves are sweet, and there are a few models out there... but thats the problem only a few :(...

Anarchist, chimera, Arcane knight... thats about it :p

and the animation swap is easy, just need permission I guess.

Level 4
Yep hehe, I actually I already asked him permission to extract and use his darkelf models with approval :)
But most of them are skin heavy and all of them are Drow from D&D :O

Level 22
Okay, I need an animation transfer and a mounted version of the Villager Man, who can ablige?

The animation transfer is hard from what I hear... Since it requires the bone names be the same... Or some stupid shit like that.

Slight prob, both owners of both models are inactive. .__________.

Level 22
Mounted Villager

Yes you need an experienced modeler if you are transferring non-standard anims you find in wc3.

Bro, you're a little slow.

The villager man I was referring to was an edit, with darker skin. But since both noobs are inactive, the standard mounted villager will just have to do.

I've already got this skin, http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...25990/?prev=search=chaos%20knight&d=list&r=20 attached to that model.

And on that noted I've given Chaos another cavalry unit, Marauder Horsemen.

The prerequisite for Chaos Warriors and Knights is now the Dark Forge, but I'll hopefully be adding 1-2 more tech structures to Chaos.

On another note, I've been thinking Skaven could be a 4th or 5th race... http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/rpg-style-creature-216436/ a good model example.

Level 4
You dare question the might of Sylvania and the Vampires after what I have shown you, my dear Riotz? :D! they are the next race! ;-;

Level 4
and heres a teaser :O

217759-albums5662-picture59063.png

217759-albums5662-picture59064.png

Suggestions:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1866334-post2.html - find the demon one.
If possible, you could possibly make some way to alternate between controlling a squad and controlling individual units. This possibly makes micro easier.
Put flags for the control points! They just look cooler!
The chaos race is kinda boring. For instance, none of the units have any cool unique abilities. Also, the squads are way too strong against single units. Buff the single units pl0x.

I may give a proper review when this is updated.

Level 4
Current released version is old, today new one should be released.
Other than the new terrain the chaos has been fleshed out a lot, more variety to gameplay as well as "special" abilities.

once empire is complete the gameplay difference will be felt with squad sizes.

agreed that single units should be buffed.

Level 22
Suggestions:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1866334-post2.html - find the demon one.
If possible, you could possibly make some way to alternate between controlling a squad and controlling individual units. This possibly makes micro easier.
Put flags for the control points! They just look cooler!
The chaos race is kinda boring. For instance, none of the units have any cool unique abilities. Also, the squads are way too strong against single units. Buff the single units pl0x.

I may give a proper review when this is updated.

Chaos is unfinished.

Single units do need buffing, 1 hero should be able to tank 2 squads imo.

Control Points will stay the same, but flags will be placed at them when captured, corresponding with the race you are playing.

UI would be way too heavy to include the 4 races we have planned. But if I did use custom UI, it would be made by me

Disregard ResidentV's last post, the NEWEST version is on the main page, it contains hotfixes not in his link.

Level 3
OK, I have seen last version of a map and have found out a little bugs. First, in a map have overlooked to change the name which should be displayed in the list of accessible maps in game. There and remained WHRoT v3.9a. As in game models empire the general and state handgunners do not work. Absence of artillery and wizards I think it is possible to explain to those, that work on empire still is not completed yet. As a whole as I already spoke earlier, a map not bad, however the visual component of armies of empire not so has liked me (they are not similar on the prototypes from Warhammer). Probably still it is necessary to experiment with attachments. For example to start up on these model Battle Priest which I offered or there can be something else.

Level 4
GhostThruster...
I like how your first reply to this thread is a quick review saying "Hideous" based on a screenshot. Sylvania is still under construction if you'd bother reading the thread.
If you ask me it's borderline rude to just randomly pop into a thread, drop a "thunderous" comment like that and expect us to take it seriously.

But then again I doubt you care what I have to say :) judging by your comment.

DarkElfe - Err, I didn't get the first part of your comment but we currently removed all other areas and limited it only to the Chaos Wastes and the "alpha" of sylvania, which should be released today fully playable.

Once again; Please, read the entire thread and release notes before you reply because we stated numerous times that the Empire are not 100% complete.
As far as the models go... We are as close as possible to Warhammer when it comes to Warcraft 3 maps, also the first warhammer map using attachments construct the actual units.
There is still room to experiment with attachments though and we would gladly appreciate any input regarding the models we use - as far as the Warrior Priest you posted, we do not intend to use model rips from other games (Yes, that is a rip) - because... well, we're not remaking a game we're simply making a custom map for WC3 :) stay within your limits and be happy I say.
We would however very much appreciate any links to attachments you think suitable :)

Sorry if this posts seems a bit resentful, but for some reason it seems that most of the "average-user-based" critique is based on naming whats wrong in a harmfulness manner and bolting off with a proud chest... I really, really don't like that kind of attitude.

EDIT: Ghosthunder, before you give me a reply please take a moment to consider your reaction if someone was to call you work "Hideous" :) thank you, have a pleasant day.

EDIT2: Like most internet discussions, I feel the need to prove my point even further;
Behold.. Sylvania with the correct fog colors (Which are triggered hence only showup ingame :()
Also, keep in mind no fog doodads have been used yet, this is very much "WIP"... only shown to show the general tint of the area.
noneditor.png

Last edited:
Level 22
OK, I have seen last version of a map and have found out a little bugs. First, in a map have overlooked to change the name which should be displayed in the list of accessible maps in game. There and remained WHRoT v3.9a. As in game models empire the general and state handgunners do not work. Absence of artillery and wizards I think it is possible to explain to those, that work on empire still is not completed yet. As a whole as I already spoke earlier, a map not bad, however the visual component of armies of empire not so has liked me (they are not similar on the prototypes from Warhammer). Probably still it is necessary to experiment with attachments. For example to start up on these model Battle Priest which I offered or there can be something else.

Yes I said Empire would be done today, it's not done right now...

Battle Wizards may or not be included. But some units that may not have been expected are Flagellants, Witch Hunter, and Captains.

that looks hideous. I mean the terrain and model itself is okay, but the fog is just stupidly thick

I rendered the fog. ._.

But by hideous, I think you meant godly.

Level 3
There is still room to experiment with attachments though and we would gladly appreciate any input regarding the models we use - as far as the Warrior Priest you posted, we do not intend to use model rips from other games (Yes, that is a rip)

From what you have taken, what about which I spoke model ripped? Whence it could ripped? Warhammer: Mark of Chaos? There Battle Priest looks absolutely on another (and the size at it would be absolutely another). Warhammer: Shadow of the Hornet Rat? So there in general 2D graphic. Converting of models from games released later DoW1 is too unprofitable as by way of volume of work (and here to tinker will come), and final weight of model (however I already spoke it earlier). Now anybody also will not think to convert model from such games as Warhammer: Mark of Chaos or later. Though is not present, I tell lies, there is one Chinese site where it is possible to find ripped models from C&C3 and Kane's Wrath and as Blitzkrieg 2 (probably), however quality and the size of these models such, that it is better than them not download.

Level 22
From what you have taken, what about which I spoke model ripped? Whence it could ripped? Warhammer: Mark of Chaos? There Battle Priest looks absolutely on another (and the size at it would be absolutely another). Warhammer: Shadow of the Hornet Rat? So there in general 2D graphic. Converting of models from games released later DoW1 is too unprofitable as by way of volume of work (and here to tinker will come), and final weight of model (however I already spoke it earlier). Now anybody also will not think to convert model from such games as Warhammer: Mark of Chaos or later. Though is not present, I tell lies, there is one Chinese site where it is possible to find ripped models from C&C3 and Kane's Wrath and as Blitzkrieg 2 (probably), however quality and the size of these models such, that it is better than them not download.

We know these models aren't ripped, we just want to keep file size down... And stick to majority attachment based units.

Level 4
Err well maybe the warrior priest isn't (Although I really doubt it's not using ripped parts) - but the blood letter is a rip using ingame textures :p

Level 22
Okay, so both me and ResidentV have been temporarily inactive, I'm back, and have done considerable work to the Empire's and Chaos's techtree... Once Sylvania is done the newest version of the map can be released... But Idk when that will be, whenever Res gets back. D:

Level 4
Oh im here, just working a lot more and enjoying Amsterdam :p... I have a day off today and I plan to chill back, smoke my brains out and finish Sylvania :)

Level 17
A very promising project! I am loving the shield, and look forward to the next vers.

Subscribed. :)

Level 22
Yes that ghostthruster kid sure makes the greatest shields ever. Also I heard he was pretty sexy and handsome.

Yeah he wishes.

Thanks again Ghost. :p

I just want everyone to know who is following this project (the few of you. :p) that the next version is going to be delayed all the way into next week sometime, maybe even the week after that, but I will, undoubtedly, most certainly release it by the end of this month, with or without Sylvania finished.

Level 22
AI IS ALMOST DONE! :D

Both races are on the final fringe before 100%, once I have finished both to the fullest, (still missing 2-3 models, and 3-5 upgrades), I will release the first beta version of the map.

Unfortunately there will be no wargear until later versions, since it's a pain in the ass to do what I'm doing with the wargear system.

Level 22
Lustria is done, the AI for Chaos and the Empire are done.

Support and Infantry Doctrines are finished, Inquisitory still in the works...

Chaos Undivided is finished, Mark of Khorne and Mark of Nurgle very near finished... I could be releasing a late alpha/early beta as soon as today.

Status
Not open for further replies.