• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warhammer Eternal Strife (WH fantasy mod for War3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Well from description looks promising, though I lack the game at the moment to test it. I at moment can only say that seems there are many melee units that probably overlap in roles. Oh and guess one thing that caught my eye was nurgle warrior with evasion, wouldn't be better to use Resistant Skin that reduces damage (Mountain Giant ability). Or maybe I just imagine nurgle warriors too fat to evade.

I am curious about 10mb size since honestly many units look like recolored Blizz models with some imports. Also kinda expected Rat Ogre model And Empire or High Elves should get Reign of Chaos version of priest model so they would be different (High Elf version is white, Blood elf is black/red). Also I know about the tool that allows bigger maps then 8mb but that only works when playing with people who have it installed too and on non blizzard servers.

Level 17
Thanks for the reply.
Yes, there are many similar units, I too recognise it as a problem. But i decided not to sweat too much about it, as, for example, having 10 unique units and 15 units, of which 10 would be unique and 5 would overlap, is pretty much equivalent; so why not.
Nurgle dudes evade because that's what they do in Warhammer (-1 to hit). Although from the point of view of common sense damage block does seem more appealing, I agree with you here. Maybe I'll remake it one day.
About 8 mb, the thing is, even if I ration it now down to, say, 5 mb, what will I do in the future, when I make additional 3-5 races? I thought that there's no chance I'll fit in in the end, so why not not-fit in it now :D But! I do recognise that people might be reluctant to mess with the tool, so I have plans to upload a limited-version of one of my maps which would have less custom models and would weigh ~7 mb.
Empire actually doesn't use a Priest model, I just screwed up when printscreening them. The White Mage ingame looks like dismounted Archmage, but well noticed. Thanks for the Rat Ogre, but I actually came across that model and thought that it didn't look menacing enough for me, so I decided to stay with gnoll.

I put a lot of hope in a big campaign I'm making, but the progress is slow and I plan to make 30+ missions for it (will split into 3 acts). If it one day sees light (no sooner than in ~4 years I guess), mark my words, it will be epic :D I hope to finish Act I somewhat soonish (<2 years). As of yet, I have 4 missions. Will post the link for them once I upload them here on Hive.

Status
Not open for further replies.