• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Warhammer Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Can someone explain the whole Genseed thing. I dont understand it. I mean what, when your a recruit they take genseed and plant it in to you, and when you die, they take it out and plant it in to someone else?

Level 5
They are, but since they havent been ruled out by new material they still stand true.

In fact, the daemonhunters codex mentions them a bit.

http://oz.games-workshop.com/games/40k/daemonhunters/painting/chaosorks/default.htm

Geneseeds are gene treatments given to new recruits once they prove themselves. The geneseeds are what make the space marines different from just becoming heavily armored guardsmen, and seperate one chapter from another.

Level 13
Just to add, after the Space Marines are given a geneseed they grow a second one (don't know how long this takes), so that means that for each Space Marines results in an "extra" marine-to-be-made if you know what I mean.

Level 10
Dark Eldars are surely influenced by Chaos but they are not a race like that. While it may seem that they worship Slaanesh, they actually hate him, since they just do all the sacrifices and the tortures for preventing him to chase them. So considering them a Chaos race is wrong.

Level 5
There are eldar worshippers of slaanesh(the ones who stayed behind in the eye of terror), but the Dark Eldar are not chaos. I wouldnt say that the dark eldar hate slaanesh, but would consider him a burden.

I'm just a bit edgy on Xenos chaos worshippers, me myself being fascinated with chaos culture.

Looking more into chaos orks, i've found that not only do chaos orks follow Khorne by bloodshed, mutant orks occasionally turn to Nurgle, who they see as a fellow "greenskin". Chaos orks are only really mentioned by one person, Adrian Wood, but considering that he's Game's Workshop staff its official stuff.

Level 11
I was searching arounf youtube, and I found some movies from Warhammer 40k final liberation, and I was like WTF?
So WTF?

Level 13
I'm going a bit back in the topic since I've been away for the weekend and answer a little bit:

Dark Eldar have not been influenced by Chaos at all. Back before the Imperium the Eldar had the greatest Empire in the whole galaxy. Most of the races had been enslaved by them and these races did all the work so the "master race" (Eldar) had the freedom to indulge themselves in whatever they wanted. They began to have orgies which slowly became more and more sadistic. All this excess caused the birth of Slaanesh and the 'birth scream of Slaanesh' caused massive Warp Storms which pretty much devastated the whole Eldar Empire.
The Eldar split into Craftworld Eldar and Dark Eldar. The Craftworld Eldar changed their ways and began to resist Chaos while the Dark Eldar kept their sadistic ways. The Dark Eldar do not worship Slaanesh thought and they believe they didn't have much part in Slaanesh's birth.

Level 13
By the way anyone here played any Warhammer game before Dawn of War? I remember that I played the demo of Rites of War long time ago. Basically in the game Eldar fought against Tyranids and Space Marines.

Level 5
I'm not saying the dark eldar are slaanesh worshipers, I am saying there are eldar worshippers of slaanesh, no matter how minor that faction is.

And i've downloaded Final Libertion on the pretense that it was another expansion.

Level 13
Actually Gespenst, I wasn't replying to your post about Eldars that worship Slaanesh. I was just generally stating that Dark Eldar do not workship Slaanesh (contrary to popular belief in DoW forums). I'm also aware of some Eldars who worship Slaanesh.

I was always wondering, in warhammer40k universe, what kind of technology is used by civilian populace. I mean they have TV, computers, cars, home technics (dunno how to call it, here we say 'bela tehnika', things like fridge, kitchen range, etc.,..), work machines, transport ... As they live in future, it is expectable they to have very high tech stuff than we use today. But the current imperial arsenal doesn't really look that advanced, the houses still look very similar to today age, they use the same roads etc. How developed is the civilan technology in that universe for the human imperium?

Level 5
What are we talking about?

In the warhammer 40k universe culture and technology generally varies from planet to planet, from a decadent Hive world to a Feudal World to an Industrial world.

Usually in the imperium, technology follows the armies, In chaos, you spend every waking moment worshipping the glorious chaos gods. For orks, you dont really do much besides fighting, and Eldar.... I don't know what Eldar do in their spare time.

Level 13
I don't know much about the civilian technology. I think it has not been talked about in lore alot.

Level 11
I got me self a DArk Crusade and Soulstorm (Late much!!). Havent instaled Soulstorm yet, cuz I'm owning campaign with Tau. Tau are imba.

Level 11
Velm, it was normal. Its just that most of you guys are used to being able to quicky rebuild your army in case of a defeat. As for Hard I didnt play yet. When I finished playing DC I went on to soulstorm. Tau again. They are perfict for my playstile. Lots of firepower that kills uickly and speed and good tanking units (Eldar are simular but theyr firepower relays on artilery stilr (fire prism) while Tau have Hammerheads that pack uite a punch).

Level 10
Well, I don't remember the exact HPs of the Broadside but in the campaign (if I remember well) the player's units have doubled HPs on normal. On easy their units have 3 times their normal HPs while enemy units are 1/3 or such. On hard everyone (player and enemies) have 100% HPs and AI is set on Insane (I remember that when I played the Soulstorm campaign with IG on Hard xD).

Level 11
Hm. I would have gueat that easy is your units boosted, normal - that everything is like in a normal skirmish, and hard - your enamies hp boosted..

Level 11
Ok. I have a problem ppl. I dled it, instaled and everything seams to be ok. But when I run Dark Crusade, and go to the game manager, the list is empty. There even isnt a normal DoW: Dark Crusade showing. Anyone have an idea?

Level 10
Level 11
Ah ty. I shall instal vers for soulstorm. If I wanted to instal DC inquisition I would have to reinstall the whole thing.
And are you sure that DC mods wil lwork fo SS?

Status
Not open for further replies.