• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Warhammer Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Woot for us.

Velm: I dont understand your statment "You don't NEED to buy it". If you wana play the game, or just pain and make models and stuf, you need to buy them.

you could always buy second hand. i bought 10 SM, 1 bike, one landspeeder, bout 7 dark eldar and two small ruin along with whole lot of other crap from my friend for 30 Australian dollar. thats like US$20. so basically it was next to nothing compared to buying new ones.
some parts were broken and the landspeeder was a total mess but i fixed it all up "good 'n proppa!!"
the sm were fully poseable (unlike the black reach ones) and with all the bitz, i converted all the sm so they are all unique. its only a small squad^_^

edit: i added another picture to our ever-growing gallery. its my SM leader

Level 10
Lol... HailFireer, I'll make it simple: WH40k requires passion, care and perseverance (like I already said). If you don't like it because of this, then you're lazy: WH40k is not for lazy people. Ergo, do not buy it, like Velm said.

However, I agree with the cost. And no, campfire loses. =P

Bah Risiko and Monopoli sux. There are better board games around, like Catan, Power Grid or Mister X :D

And about warhammer, I still prefer video games versions much more. In tabletop you don't hear pew pew or see your troops flying on the battlefield. Moreover, with video game is much easier to find a friend to play with and you can also play solo.

Level 10
Darkdeathknight, DoW II is a very tactical RTS, with few units but with a lot of ways for using them. The campaign seems pretty good and is an RPG\RTS-like type of game where you control your Space Marines squads, level up and complete objectives.
DoW II requires Steam to work. Although this isn't very bad, you'll need to be online for activating the game and, as it seems (correct me if I'm wrong), for playing EVERY time...
Anyway, IMHO DoW2 is one of the best RTSs out there and it's worth playing it. ;)

Level 15
Yes there is an army painter. It's called the army customizer. And painting is not the only option.
But my time on the comp has expired today.

Level 10
Pyramidhe@d, gaunts are not viewable in the army painter... however, if you want to know, the new army painter is a bit different from the DoW1 one. First of all, you can't make your custom colors, you have to choose between A LOT of standard ones, which are the reproduction of the normal Citadel Colors; you can also choose a pair of metallic colors! That will also stop the "neon armies" that I used to see in DoW1. xD
Then, only in the Space Marines army builder, you can choose the color patterns: for example, you may use one where you have different colors for the body and the shoulders or you may use another where you have the entire body with different colored halfs. There are 4 patterns in total and, I repeat, they are SM only.

BTW, isn't there already a Gaunt in THW? Anyway, I can take a Gaunt screenshots if you like. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.