• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warhammer 40,000: The Lost World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
@Fusiller1: This update is for you, to set you up for the upcoming conclusion.

The papers seemed to be mainly soil-samples, but here and there were page after page of diagrams, sketches and pictures of strange ruins, of a type not seen even in the outer stretches of explored space or in the Eye of Terror even. Around them were notes and questions in Gothic and another language of intricate patterns. From what Aman could see, they all were research done on the planet far below, the Inquisition-labeled (it was odd, but these renegades seemed to have access to the False Emperor's Imperium's own authoritative reports!)

Also evident too was that the renegades had been flown in from the Imperium months ago, by a man called 'I. Bronson', with help from a being mentioned only as the Scientist, evidently a non-human by the brief silhouette shot of him that was under a pile of papers. From there, the seal of some Imperial organization was seen often, an orange hexagon labeled with small numbers in the High Gothic manner, the old method of the Imperium in days long past. Evidently, someone was putting a lot work into this expedition. Also in the research building were some suits of Tau battle armor & gear, scarred and re-painted in orange, along with some more Eldar shuriken-launchers (basic weapons), along with some Tau rifles.

Level 19
Aman frowned. That's all he did. He frowned. He didn't speak as he went through the papers, intrigued and also rather.. mystified. What did the Imperium have to do with this? Who was I. Bronson and what was down there on Prospective? Whatever it was, he knew it would be unwise to get involved too much.. but he couldn't leave now, he couldn't leave now he had this information. With something down there, he knew he'd want it. Curiosity would controll him.. besides that, the sketches intrigued him. The ruins, the diagrams.. he would find it out..

Of course, the Tau and Elven suits and weapons were taken as loot by his men, to re-compensate for the loss of the two soldiers.

Level 19
Grim suddenly saw two of the mercs he had seen earlier run down the stairs, it was Jeke and the Cigar-smoking merc. Jeke was cursing and firing his autogun up the stairs, while the other merc was firing his heavy stubber wildly up the stairs. "Die you chaos bastards!" He shouted, and the head of a chaos spawn rolled down the stairs. "'Ey! Deathworlder! Give us some help here!" Jeke shouted, and was slowly retreating down the stairs. Grim was to tired to move the heavy stubber he had mounted, and shouted back. "Get behind me, now!" Jeke nodded and ran down the last steps, and the other one followed short after. A couple of chaos spawns crawled down the stairs, and fell prey to the three mercs combined shooting.

Level 10
Amand. Saw two spawns rush towards him. He smashed his halbried into the ground sending ripples of power through the floor and engulfing the Spawns in warp fire. The creatures screamed in pain.
Amand stride blocking fire as he walked through the hail of fire. Shell after shell bolted into him. But they disintegrated before they hit him.
The two sternguards covered Amand. As he walked up the hallway. A true angel of death he was. As the spawns and chaos Soldiers looked in horror as Amand's Skull helmet flashed into all their worst fears. (-note- Hehehe, its a Harlequin mask)
The Spawns disintegrated as warp fire leapt from Amands hands. The Chaos Cultists fled but were shot in the back by the disciplined volleys of bolter fire.
Amand Laughed. "Is this all I have to face today?"
Talion spoke into the Vox. "All Imperial Forces we have a problem this ship is going to crash over? This is Veteran Talion of the Storm Crusaders. Do you copy? This is Talion! We have cleared the armory access! -static continues-"
Amand glanced over to Talion.
Talion shook his head. "Not an answer yet brother."
Amand spoke into the minds of everyone imperail in the ship. "Imperail Forces the armory is cleared. I am Amand the First Knight of Chapter 124. We will destory the enemies located, in the lower bays. You are all probaly wondering how can you hear me? Well its about time that you should know that the Alpha Legion possess one of our relics. We are here to retake it."

Level 9
OOC: Relics? The only ancient things here are.. the ship itself, and those Force Weapons. Plus we're not going to crash.. yet. But since just about everyone's posted so far, except for my "founding" RPers, let's just get this over with.

"Come again, marine?" A thick and bristly voice came over the vox-net. "The vox is clear, no need for that witchery." Cretos said this last word angrily. He never could stand psykers, he'd barely been able to get used to the mysterious Blood Raven Anixamander. He shook his head and strode faster towards the bridge. The area around him had just been cleared, as he spoke, by his squad, what was left of the Deathwatch unit now. And now that it was clear that that blasted techmarine had been the one truly possessed by the daemon, he was even more angry. It was unfortunate, really. Allain had been a good warrior, had been better at dealing with other non-marines better then the Sergeant. It would be his duty to save the techmarine's soul if he was possessed.

Ahead, he could see two marines in heavy ceremonial armor, their weapons scanning the area for more targets, although at their feet lay many of the weak cultists that the enemy had thrown at them. Behind them stood an impressive figure in even more intricate and menacing armor, the psyker himself. In one hand he held a truly massive halberd.

Cretos nodded to Dominic, Udun and Baerog, who broke off from the group and brought weapons to bear on the three, although it was obviously not meant as a completely hostile move. "State your name and chapter again, knight. How did you say you got here?"

Level 10
"State your name and chapter again, knight. How did you say you got here?"

"My name is Amand, Of the Storm Crusaders. I was sent here to aid this ship and its crew. As it has priceless objects that are donated from my chapter. I got here from a small strike craft that boarded your ship at least 5 hours ago. But it has left as it had other duties. But the craft that brought me here is called a Casteus a new vechile to the imperium. I bring it to you and your ship as a gift. Where is the inqusitor?" Amand spoke with no falter in his voice. His Voice was commanding.
The Two Sternguard scanned the area. Hoping there to be more creatures to kill.
Talion, "Amand, the Area is clear you may remove your helmet."
Amand nodded. He removed his helmet and under it was a face of a scared veteran and that of a Grim Soldier. (He has a very rough black hair, like the ones the military use. Not long and girl like but almost bald. but still hair there.)

Level 9
Cretos looked over the newcomers cautiously, then he instructed the marines to stand down. 'If you're really here to help, Brother, then you should head to the bridge. This relic you're talking about isn't something I know about, but all I do need to know is that one of our brethren was possessed by a daemon, and is apparently on the bridge. We're going over there to purify him, come along and aid us in doing the Emperor's will." Without waiting for a response, the Deathwatch squad began to move at a hurried jog down the corridor, weapons up and trained ahead, where the sounds of battle still continued loudly here and there.

Just ahead of Grim and the two mercenaries, there was a sudden sound of frenzied laughter, then the armored outlines of a Chaos Marine unit, five legionnaires with rune-encrusted boltguns, turned the bend and came into the hall ahead. Before them ran a few scattered guardsmen, although every so often one would turn and fire back at their attackers, but most of the Guard were dead by the time they reached the mercs' position.

Level 19
Grim and the Cigar smoker started firing their Heavy Stubbers, creating a continous wall of lead against the chaos marines, who nonetheless continued walking towards them. "Man this one Jeke!" Grim shouted, he was obviously the better marksman, and he stepped back and brought forth his lasgun. Carefully aiming his shot, Grim fired one round at the eye of one of the Legionnaires' helmet, and the chaos marine fell to the ground while his companions continued on. The Heavy Stubbers were beginning to wear their way through the marines' thick armour, and another one of them fell as several bullets punched through his chest. Grim fired another shot at one marine's helmet, and the powerful shot pierced it, once again the extra power of the no98 Lucius Pattern paid of. One more marine fell as his legs were brutally ripped of by a continous stream of bullets. The last marine, realizing he was all alone, charged. The three mercenaries concentrated their fire on the last marine, and saw its armor getting ripped apart. But the marine refused to stop and leaped towards the mercenaries, firing wildly. The marine fell to the ground, and blood seeped from the mashed up armor. "That was pretty close..." Jeke muttered.

Level 9
One of the Guardsmen whom the mercs' timely attack had saved turned to face them, breathing hard. "Thanks for the assist, trooper. We thought we'd be seeing the Emperor himself in a few moments. Name's Mitsurugi, Luther McIntyre 87th Deathworlder Company. I owe ya' one." He clasped Grim's hand in a hardy grip, then the trooper and his men continued down the hall past them to find some more action.

Level 4
Elysia woke up. She was lying in a crater and covered in dirt. She must have been knocked unconscious by a mutant aboard the Reliant. "Sergeant we have to get out of here! It's a damn killzo-" A guardsman was shot in the head. Elysia looked around and saw people dying. She shook her head and cleared her thoughts. "What the hell! Shit, she's alive!" A guardsman spoke, "Unbelievable!" Elysia looked at the guardsman who was pulling at Grim's coat. "Grim!" Elysia yelled out. She looked over to her left and saw her helmet. Elysia grabbed it and put it on and quickly made way toward Grim. "What the hell happened! Why aren't we aboard the Reliant!"

Level 10
Hey guys I just thought what the ship should look like its from albums and here it is.
171240-albums1952-picture36611.jpg

Level 9
OOC: Uh, cool. Good to see everyone's kinda' back.

As the battle raged in close-quarters around Elysia and Grim's position, the stormtroopers were able to rally and hold back the currently attacking wave of chaos-loving heretics; taking back that small corner of the ship. One of the troopers, his face concealed by the customary helmet of the stormtroopers tossed the sergeant back her weapon from where it lay.

"We're still on the Reliant, but the attack shook her up pretty bad.. something hit the Chaos ship just after they boarded, so now the Commissar's ordered us to start the counter-board. Even if this tub's going to sink soon, that damned zealot wants us to rush them before the crash can kill them." Another trooper, with the designations of an officer, spoke up from the center of the stormtroopers formation. "Lucky for us, we just got orders! Head to the hold, we're going dirtside, boys!

Level 10
Amand's halberd came to life as he sliced through chaos spawn, disemboweling them. He eyes flared with power and all around him his energies meet the spawns. The Spawns started to burn away from existence at the sheer force of the pyschic potential. (don't worry he is not a Primais psyker. Only Malnar is. Who will never be in this RP.)
Amand's hand slipped over the control device to the next room. Wishing to escape the small confides of the hallway. But instead of finding an empty room. 12 Chaos soldiers glanced at him.

Level 19
Grim did not wait. He grabbed his Lasgun and ran with the stream of guardsmen towards the hold, Jeke and the other merc short after. The Adrenalin was still pumping through his blood, giving him new energy and let him ignore the pain in his shoulder. "I just hope we're going to make it..." Grim muttered under his breath. He smiled a little under his mask when he heard Jeke's reply. "She'll hold together."

Level 9
OOC: You rolled a five.. your spell succeeds, but your spell ingredients were depleted. You must rest before casting again today.

Corien twisted his wrist around, raising the saber in a sharp arc and letting it bite into Allain's chest plate, who gritted his teeth in pain. "Had enough, Imperial dog. I have a veritable wellspring of power waiting for me down on that planet rising to meet us, and I musn't waste my time with this little play-act of a defence you're putting up." He spit directly into Allain's left eye, a bionic, then smiled sickeningly again. "Though there is something of my own feelings within you.. now that I bother to inspect your features, servile being."

At those words, Allain's brow furrowed in anger, and his servo arm ripped to life, the mighty pincers whirring into action and crushing Corien's sword arm. The possessed warrior howled with agony and kicked viciously at Allain, hitting his chin and knocking him back. As he landed at a slide against the wall, he could feel that the attack had nearly broken his neck... "I cannot allow you to reach that planet, or whatever you say it truly is.. this ship shall be your grave, blest though it be by Him."

Suddenly, the ship shuddered, and Tashj's wavering but kindly voice came back over the Voxcasters. "All crew.. all remaining combat personnel and brave warriors of the Emperor. Abandon the ship. Though she doth bear us down to earth, this is not our grave." All over the ship, some strange force of unknown classification was boring into the hull, removing great pieces of the prayer-encrusted surfaces and throwing them aside... the ship would be lost, but out of the portholes, they could see that the Chaos vessel beside them was already gone. The bridge of that unholy wreck was pierced through many times by that same force, and they could see the masses of mutants and even Chaos Marines floating out into the void of inky space...

Meanwhile, in low orbit over Prospective, the small Chaos fleet of the Alpha Legionnaire Aman stood patiently over the small station where the strike-team of marines had hit the human mercenaries and driven them off into retreat back towards another space-station some two miles over to the south-west. Suddenly, the space around the station broiled and the metal pad shivered as something forced it's way through it and towards the waiting fleet. Even as the marines threw themselves clear of the rupture, clinging to anything to avoid loss into space, the undeniable force struck the most forward cruiser, Aman's own flagship. As they watched in horror, the bridge was pierced through and something continued out through the back, tearing open the spine of the ruined Chaos ship.

On the ships of the small fleet, sorcerers and other psyker-attuned beings moaned and writhed before exploding out in great psychic bursts, ripping even further apart the ships as they were struck by the terrifying force that evidently emanated from the small planet below. Great warpfire explosions burst through the hulls of several ships as the damage reached their daemon-powered engines and their shivered wrecks came apart into litter that dropped down to the planet below. All around, the ten or so ships, mostly of smaller size, came undone under the unprecedented assault that had utterly devastated the warband.

But even then, there was still something left... Even as it flew whirling by Aman, a huge section of hull was gripped tightly by a squad of Khornate berzerkers, madly waving their weapons in the air as they rode the fiery descent down to the surface. A few of their transports had also escaped, and these too flew by, one halting to lower its ramp to allow Aman and his marines to board.

Last edited:
Level 19
"What the hell is happening?" Jeke shouted as the entire ship shaked wildly. Grim and the other mercs did not answer, simply kept running seemingly at random. Grim was not sure what to do. They would survive if the impact was not hard, but he had his doubts. "Maybe we should get to the life pods?" The other merc suggested, almost sarcastically. Jeke shook his head, then laughed a little. The three mercs ran down the corridors, searching for the life pods.

Level 10
Amand immedately fell to the ground as thousands of voices screamed in his mind. The Stern Guard veteran went up to him and pulled him up.
The 2nd sternguard veteran guarded the entrance to the room.
Amand screamed his mind racing through images of war and blood shed. He yelled at the 2nd sternguard veteran who started to walk out the door. The Veteran was impaled by a debris that had broke through the hull of the ship. His form pinned to the wall. The other stern Guard veteran ran towards his fallen battle brother taking the Veterans dog tag. Not even an astrates could survive something like that.
Amand slowly raised himself up, the power of the warp pumped through his mind, he saw the crash of the ship and saw exactly where they would die. He immediately pushed the door closed as the last veteran shook his head at the death of one of his brothers.

Level 9
OOC: 117th post, nice one!

The deathworlder Mitsurugi ran by the three mercs. "If you unlucky bastards want to get off this coffin, follow me! Lifeboats and drop-pods this way!" He waved his meltagun towards one of the nearby hatches, then sprinted through. A few moments after, he screeched to a halt as a squad of Traitor Guard in flak armor covered with scribbles of Chaos runes and mad words turned the other corner and ran for the same lifeboat. One of them, a sergeant by the massive sword he carried in an even larger mutated hand and by a ragged red cloak draped over his pauldrons, noticed the group and then Traitors turned, surprised. Two of them, with shabby stubguns, fired at Mitsurugi, most of the pellet-like rounds bouncing away from his carapace armor, but the thin mist of red around the trooper as he groaned and spun around to the floor meant that at least a few of the solid rounds had struck home.

Clenching his teeth, the trooper brought himself against the wall and fired his weapon, turning one of the Traitor guardsmen into shimmering pieces and decapitating another. "Step off, ya fucking mook!"

Level 19
Aman was shocked by this sudden attack.. of whatever it was. He wanted to destroy it and strangle it between his finger, in revenge. His warband was dead, it had been destroyed in mere seconds.. he, for a moment, had lost all senses of action, simply staring at what once had been his warband. Once. Aman had also seen how all the sorcerers had exploded.. By the Chaos Gods, he raised his head to the skies and cursed this beast, this monster. In all his rage and anger, he wanted to destroy it or mutilate it.. yet, he knew this was impossible. Suddenly, a marine started shouting and pointed at the one waiting for them.

''I shall return!'' he roared in anger, before he turned around and made his way to the transport with his Chaos Space Marines. He opened the door and stepped in, the same with his marines..

Last edited:
Level 19
The three mercs swiftly ran after the deathworlder. Seeing the traitor guards, all three of them started firing their guns, hailing a deadly volley of lasgun fire and lead upon their enemies. Caught by surprise, several of the traitor guards fell to the heavy fire provided by the mercs Heavy Stubber. "Die ya basterds!" Jeke shouted, and emptied his autogun in one of the traitors. Grim took aim at the sergeant's head and fired, but missed as the ship shooked another time.

Level 10
Amand ran towards the docking bay with the last stern guard towards casteaus Assualt Ship. Immedately two other astrates followed them as well. All running past the guardsmen who were holding off chaos spawn. Amands force sword was sheathed, as it was useless to fight against the enemy as it was going to explode. Finely he saw the Casteus assualt ramp still docked and the crew still waiting inside it. He voiced into the vox. "Prepare for extraction we are going to planet below, all hands get the gak off this ship."
The two other astrates sprinted towards the Assault Ship, waiting for the rest of the Astrates to enter. Amand walked up to the assault ramp and knocked onto the metal as the three other Astrates Guarded his defense. The Assault ramp opened and the Astrates gathered in the small confides of the small Ship. Amand nodded to the Pilot and the ramp closed and they left for the planet below.
Offtopic: This is Caestus Assualt Ram
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhamm...pace_Marine_Aircraft/CAESTUS-ASSAULT-RAM.html

Level 9
OOC: The last people who need to post now are Tahril, Razek and E Lemonader. E and Tahril are heading for the bridge, where the Allain/Corien battle will end for good and they'll make good their escape. I think Razek hooked in with the mercs, so she's going to hit the dirt with your group.

Mitsurugi gritted his teeth as he stood up slowly, as a shot from a stubber hit an unarmored spot on his ankle. Narrowing his eyes, he stood up straight and fired the meltagun again, killing two more Traitor guards. "And have a little more o' this fer seconds!" The last two Traitors and the sergeant backed out of the hatch, firing their wilds fiercely to cover their retreat. Meanwhile, a adept ran into the lifeboat, followed by several more crew and some regular guardsmen. "Hurry up, let's get off this tub.." Mitsurugi said as he limped painfully into the lifeboat, helped by a Guard medic.

As the others boarded and strapped in, the lifeboat shook as the Reliant's machine-spirit unhooked the bird sadly from it's failing hold, the lifeboat rocking violently as another explosion rippled through the lower decks where the Tzeentch worshiper had fallen and the Spawn had been multiplying. One of the guardsmen died as his neck snapped with the shock, the two on either side of him merely undoing his support and pushing out of the seat, although there was some sadness in their faces as they grabbed all the spare ammo and gear the trooper had on him. Gulping, they gripped the seats as the lifeboat dropped and spiraled clear of the Reliant.

Below, Prospective loomed like a waiting giant, prepared to devour the tiny ship in it's sandy maw...

Meanwhile, Cretos and the Deathwatch had turned back, deciding to leave the supposed traitor Allain back at the helm of the ship to die. One of the marines, Dominic, scanned a corridor, then nodded at the brother-sergeant. "The psyker has requisitioned one of our ramships. I want to secure the last gunboat we have on board and return to fight on the surface of this wholly.. unholy planet." The others nodded and they breathed a communal prayer before moving down the corridor.

Sprinting, the made it to the gunboat after finding and executing a trio of flustered-looking Traitor guard led by a sergeant with a mutant arm. The gunboat lifted away and piled out through the thin layer of the broken docking doors. The marines too would search out the fight down below on the surface.

Level 19
Grim pulled the other mercs into a life boat, and held the hatch open. "More guys are coming! We'll stay as long as we can!" He shouted, over the increasing noise from the ship tearing apart. Another pair of mercenaries, these too from the mess hall, came running in and saw the open hatch. They sprinted the last distance and jumped through it. "Thanks mates!" One of them said, relieved and breathing heavily.

Level 10
"First Knight, the planet seems suitable for a landing. Other ships are following us." Spoke the Pilot. The ship was dodging wreckage from the chaos ship as it had exploded a while ago.
Amand nodded he was impressed by the pilots skills, but impressive or not, they were screwed if a engine core hit them.

Level 8
Two bolt shells flew past and buried themselves in Corien's neck soft-armor, but didn't explode. Corien looked up to see Naesha standing in the entryway, her storm bolter steaming from the barrel, while she herself had a line of blood trailing down from the corner of her mouth. He laughed at the dud shells before Naesha silenced him with a rather confident look.
"What are you smiling for? Your petty attempt at a surprise attack has failed mis-"
"Four words. Tempest Shells. Delayed blast."
With that the two Tempest Shells detonated in a spectacular explosion of thermal and electromagnetic pulses from the plasma shock generator stunned Corien in pain. Naesha used the time to pick up the Nemesis sword and bring it up, cutting straight through Corien's waist and up past his shoulder in a diagonal swing, the blade slicing straight through him from the momentum of Naesha's attack. She then stepped back towards Allain with the sword in a defensive position, just in case Corien decided he wasn't quite done yet.
OOC: Unintended absence, I apologize.

Level 10
Amand. "What in the throne was that?" He felt a psychic presence onboard the chaos ship shift from reality. Bending reality.
"oh throne no. Pilot get us away from here quickly. They are denoting the warp drives!"

Level 9
Corien twisted in agony and grabbed at the handle of the Nemesis weapon, trying and failing to push himself off of it. Growling, he pushed himself further down towards Naesha, black and corrupt blood flowing freely from the punched holes in his ruined suit. Just as he reached her, his hand reaching out to grasp at her and bring her down, he faltered and his mouth widened and distended. A vile mist came from within as he slumped down and died on the blade.

Allain shook himself and tried to lift himself, then slipped as he realized one of his feet was practically seperated from him, dangling and barely staying on. "Sister, aid me... we need to get to the lifeboats. The ship is lost. Something on that planet, something far more powerful then any librarian I've seen or any warlock we've smashed is on that world. And we need to find it." As he spoke, he squeezed the haft of his power-axe, his face angry.

Level 10
The Casetaus ship dodged the wreckage. Ramming through lifeboats of the chaos vessel.
The Pilot's navigator counted down. As the navigator seemed insane. "10 minutes. Sir 10 minutes. Until the engines explode. Oh How wonderful."
The Pilot's eyes widened.

Level 9
The lifeboat with the mercenaries and the deathworlders tore by the Casetaus, it's highly nuclear engine propelling faster then any sane pilot may have wanted at any other time. The helmsman shook his head at Grim, who sat in the seat behind him. "Fifty-five seconds to impact, son! I recommend you hold tight. By the Throne, we're going iiiin!" Some of the deathworlder guardsmen gave each other daredevil looks and thumped their lasguns together. Some of the normal guard looked scared, but most kept it together. "Hey merc, we're going to be there first if the Marines don't accelerate." he grinned crazily as they swept around a huge piece of wreckage trailing around in Prospective's atmosphere. By the looks of it.. it was old.

Level 8
Naesha quickly dropped the Nemesis weapon and helped Allain to his feet.
"Come on. This way." She helped him down through the hallways, her Storm Bolter at the ready at all times.
OOC: Cthulus, she still had the sword in her hand, she didn't leave it stuck in Corien. ><

Level 9
OOC: Ooops, forgot that part >.<
Allain stumbled to his feet. "Many thanks, and praises to the Emperor..we can only hope now that most of the Guard have already cleared the ship. We need to get down there. Down on that.. world, or whatever this place really is, that is where the true battle will begin." The ship shuddered as some piece of wreckage or more sorcery struck her hull. Allain groaned. "I have an idea. Since we won't be able to reach the lower decks soon enough to gain access to a boat, we should head to the hangar. There are some vacuum-rated Valkyries we can use to ride the destruction down to the surface."

Level 10
Amand felt the ships engine cores, its dreadful and mawing terror. It seemed like he had never felt something like this in a long time. He watched the pilot robotically dodge the wreckage of the spacefield. Each time they passed a debris a few corpses floated out. More lifeboats poured from the Imperial Cruiser all aimed towards the planet. It would take a while for them to reach it. Amand breathed a sigh of sadness for the loss of a dear friend. The sternguard veteran held tightly to the dog tags of his battle brother from the cruiser. The Storm Crusaders instead of taking their geneseed on covert missions instead took their dog tags which in them contained their DNA and trace amounts of the geneseed. The other two astrates were Storm Crusaders as well. Guardians. Mute and unspeaking they could never talk, under penalty of death and damnation.

Level 9
"Brother Amand. This is Brother-Sergeant Cretos... we'll stay beside you." a weary voice came out from a panel, distorted by the vox network. A moment later, a dented and ravaged Thunderhawk, painted black to match the void of space, but with the gray metal showing through where the damage had ripped through-and-through. "We've taken on a lot of damage, but we'll try and keep you safe for as long as possible. I just need you to take these marines with you... the Emperor only knows that we'll need these soon enough, Librarian."

With that, the failing gunship drifted close enough to link with the Casetaus, it's complement of the remaining Deathwatch ready to get on-board.

OOC: From here on in, the marines Dominic, Baelrog, Demetrius, Caleb and Arcestus are to be shared among us. If you want some info on each, just go ahead and ask. With the lack of active players, we need to be ready to share some of the minor NPCs every so often, understand?

Level 19
OOC: What!? Noone told me this was alive again!

IC:
"We can't stay much longer, Jeke! We need to get away! Now!" Grim shouted into the lifeboat as two other mercs ran inside. "I'm on it! Close the hatch, we're goin' out!" Jeke replied, and prepared to close the airlocks. "Aww Shit! We're screwed if you can't get us out, NOW!" One of the mercs shouted, as he dropped his autogun on the floor. "I'm on it! I'm on it!" Jeke shouted in frustrated tone as he fumbled with the controls. "Shit! I've never operated one of these before!" He pressed what seemed to be random buttons, then pulled a handle and sighed in relief as the lifeboat disconnected. They were safe, for now.

Level 9
A guardsman sergeant next to Grim whispered hurriedly into his ear. "Hey merc, we're going to hit dirt in ten seconds! Get set for a combat drop!" Some of other guard held their lasguns in both hands, most clutching them tight to their chests, other holding the barrel and pounding the stock into the ground in a rhythmic pattern. "For the Emperor! We'll pound 'em into the dirt, sir!" the men shouted back at the sergeant. One hulking man cracked the deck as he slammed his foot on the floor, grinning savagely at the planet rising to meet the lifeboat. Seconds after, a large piece of a Chaos ship's hull tumbled by, held grimly by a squad of Khorne-worshiping Legionnaires. One of the dark helmets noticed the boat, and then the rest of the marines turned and waved weapons at the lifeboat.

OOC: I want you to write the drop, Gyro :D Everyone else got the chance to do some cool stuff! Also, can you take control of Kasrkin Sgt. Elysia for a little while? She's in the same boat as you.. and Razek is never online. Write me a VM with where/what kind of terrain you want to land in and the circumstances.

Level 8
Naesha opened the hangar bay doors, still aiding Allain on his way. She helped him up into one of the modified Valkyries, then climbed in herself, shutting the side doors and climbing into the cockpit.
"...Allain? They modified the controls, didn't they."

Level 9
He looked over the machines calmly, analyzing them. "Yes.. though I'm unusre of where the pilot who made these customizations, the kasrkin who accompanied us earlier, went." He looked back into space, brilliantly lit by bright-green detonations from the Chaos Armada. "Do you think you can figure it out?"

Level 8
"Well, if I can't, we're screwed. So, I hope so... Ah, here we go."
She flicked a few switches and finally started the Valkyrie. The craft slowly lifted off the hangar floor.

Level 9
Allain closed his eyes and breathed prayers to both the Omnissiah and the Emperor on his Throne. "Now we must hope and pray that we can take this transport down to the surface. Whatever force attacked the ship originated from there, that I do not doubt." He stretched and flexed his wounded body, making sure he was at least combat-ready. Noticing the terrible scars and gashes that had penetrated even his holy ceramite, he frowned. One of his feet had been all but ruined by Corien during their duel as well. "It appears that I will require some additional bionics once we locate the other survivors.. hmmm.."

Level 8
"Ugh... Pray all you want, but personally, I have my doubts..."
She mumbled to herself. "What is it with the Mechanicus and their bionics..."
The Valkyrie left the open hangar and dove towards the planet's surface.

Level 19
Aman finally got a real hold of himself and looked around, glaring at his marines and the transport he was in. Silently he clenched his hands into fists and grumbled something that nobody could understand. What they did, however, understand -- was that he was angrier the angriest Khorne Beserker at the moment. He looked up and then sighed, casting his rage away and devising plans, thinking of new ideas, as the transport flew to the surface.

Level 9
Allain suddenly lurched forward and almost doubled over before catching himself. He looked around, his sight doubling and distorting his vision before momentarily returning to it's normal enhanced state. He shrugged and looked out the cockpit viewport. "It looks so calm, so lovely from here. I don't think many worlds so mysterious have ever drawn my eye as this one does now. Yet there's something so wrong about it, though I'm not sure what.."

He uncurled his left hand, which he hadn't noticed had curled into a thick armored fist that had been pressing into the ship plating for a few minutes. He looked down at the mutant, and his own, blood that was sprayed indiscriminately over the many dents and openings in his massive armored suit.

"Sister, look at that." He pointed with his other hand as a lifeboat from their ship screamed quickly by them, hurtling through space towards the surface. Further ahead, he could make out the shapes of a Thunderhawk gunboat and another Marine ship. "Others have survived. Once we make planetfall, we should establish contact with them.. although Corien told the remains of my squad that I was a heretic. We must be careful."

Level 8
"Corien's word means nothing now, Allain. But I agree, we should try to make contact with th-" A small bang stopped her, and left engine stopped working completely, and the Valkyrie plummeted into the forested area below.

Level 9
He nodded his head slowly as his gaze rose to meet the blanket of trees on the landscape below. Flying past them, he noticed a huge piece of hull, ten times larger then the descending Valkyrie, smash down hard into a lake on the edge of the woods. He only had a moment to consider this though, when there was a loud ringing and they met with the ground, pummeling through dozens of trees to come down..

Level 19
The lifeboat hit the ground with an almost soft thump. The soldiers glanced at eachother in confusion, all of them thought the same thoughts, this wasn't right. Grim made his way to Jeke, who was just as confused as he. "Seems like we hit something... soft..." He said. Then they noticed the large amount of mud on the front windows. "Shit! I think we hit a bog!" Jeke answered hastily. "This thing is heavy, really heavy! We're gonna sink. Hopefully not too deep. Let's get outta here!" Jeke moved towards the rear of the vessel while he informed the others. "Aw man! I thought we were outta danger! We survived the crash man!" One of the guards blurted. "This ain't danger kid, this goes with the profession." Another guard, clearly more experienced, replied and picked up his gear. "We've better get goin'!" Jeke opened the rear exit hatch and climbed out. "It's a swamp! You've got about a minute to exit, this thing is in deep!" Then he jumped down. Grim and the veteran guard followed shortly after, and soon all the surviving men were out. "Two guys dead." One of the guards said grimly, and saluted the sinking wreckage. "Off we go!" Jeke shouted, and marched off. The mercs and some of the deathworlders followed short after, but some of the guards lingered. "We're taking orders from Guns-for-hire scum? That's not protocol!" "Fuck your protocols! You clean-shirt soldier pussies ain't goin' to last a day in the wilderness! You were trained to die for the emperor, not survive. That's where our expertise comes in! Look, you've got this choice, stay with us or the goddamned commisar-thaught protocol, and you know who would save your head and who would not!" Jeke looked at the soldiers for a moment, then continued his march. The guardsmen exchanged glances, then followed. The sky was still full of burning debries as the company made their way through the swamp.

Level 8
Naesha opened the left door of the damaged Valkyrie.
"Forest? Excellent." She sounded genuinely pleased with that fact. She pulled Allain to his feet and led him outside the Valkyrie's hull, and she looked it over. The damage was fairly minor; the wings had a few scrapes, the left engine would need to be fixed, and a patchwork job on the bottom of the hull wouldn't hurt.
"Think you can fix her, Allain?"

Level 9
Allain analyzed the crashed Valkyrie carefully, then glanced back towards the lake. "I can, but we may need some extra plating from another ship or a piece of wreckage. The engine is repairable immediately, but we will need more plating for the wing." He scratched his chin, as his two menacing servo-arms whirred and came to life, grabbing at the damaged engine and making nearly-invisible repairs. "Maybe we should investigate that wreck that landed in the lake. Could be used for the repair."

Status
Not open for further replies.