• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warglaive of Azzinoth (High-poly version)

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It exceeds all expectations and excels in every regard.
"The Twin Blades of Azzinoth are a pair of weapons wielded by Illidan Stormrage. Azzinoth was a doom guard commander whom Illidan slew 10,000 years ago. Illidan took Azzinoth's twin warglaives and trained himself to use them. He has become exceedingly efficient with the weapons."

~WoWWiki

This is the high-poly version with a hi-res texture by FrIkY. This model has 574(!) triangles, so I suggest to use this model ONLY in cinematic fights or RPG's in which the camera is very close to the unit. One thing you should be aware of is NOT to use this model in masses of 20-30, since it is so hi-poly for an attachment. You'd rather have 1-2 of those on the screen at the same time.

The portrait file is the right handed version.

HUGE CREDITS TO FRIKY FOR DOING THE AWESOME TEXTURE!

A lower resolution of the texture can be downloaded here.

Here is an awesome icon modified by FrIkY for this model(click to go to the download page):

Update - 7th September 2009: Completely redid the model, reducing the polycount from 785 to 574 and making it shade correctly(aka making it brighter). I also added a small glow to the model.

If you use this model, give me AND FrIkY credits. Do NOT redistribute this model in any way. I do not want to see it make it's way to sites like "Warcraft III Unlimited".

Keywords:
Illidan, Stormrage, Glaive, Glaives, Azzinoth, War, Warglaive, Warglaives, high poly, hi-poly, FrIkY, awesome custom texture.
Contents

Warglaive of Azzinoth (High-poly version) (Model)

Warglaive of Azzinoth (High-poly version) (Model)

Reviews
17:22, 7th Oct 2009 Pyritie: The texture on this is outstanding. 'Nuff said.
This is ridiculous. I would never import this. It doesn't even look that good, and I would never import 260 KB for an attachment... Especially one so simple and unoriginal; it's practically a recolor of a weapon rip.

There's something wrong here --- why does it have 16 ratings all 5/5, and a director's cut... Is everyone here brainwashed, and giving it epic ratings just because of who uploaded it? I'm not saying everyone has to be giving it low ratings, but, really, not a single person even gave it a 4/5 out of 16 ratings?

I'm going to have to give this a 2/5. Quality-wise, it's a 4/5, but the ridiculous file size brings it down to a 2/5; the quality is nowhere near good enough to be worth that much file size. It has way too many polygons for something so simple, and the custom texture is enormous.

Compared to how the model looks, I would expect this to be around 10-30 kb. I could still consider approving it even if it got up to 60 kb, but nothing higher is worth it. The custom texture is ridiculous for such a weapon, even if the texture does look amazing; it looks normal as any other texture by the time it's wrapped and in a unit's hand in-game.

Last edited:
Level 48
This model is old as heck. Vengeancekael decided to toy with me and removed it for a second, because of a friendly conversation we had on Skype. This caused it to bump to the front page, as an unfortunate side effect.

But still, thanks for your generosity, TLI-Inferno. This was a co-operation project made by me and FrIkY, and therefore, it couldn't have done without the texture.

^
I don't know what this guy is talking about. But this one is gorgeous specially the custom texture.

P.S.
Make your own version with in-game texture if you don't like this. Easy as that.

I don't like this, so I won't use it, it's as simple as that. If you want to use a 245 KB attachment that looks pretty much average, feel free to, but if I don't want to, that's my choice, and I don't see what issue you have with that.

This model is old as heck. Vengeancekael decided to toy with me and removed it for a second, because of a friendly conversation we had on Skype. This caused it to bump to the front page, as an unfortunate side effect.

But still, thanks for your generosity, TLI-Inferno. This was a co-operation project made by me and FrIkY, and therefore, it couldn't have done without the texture.

Yes, team projects can lead to higher file sizes often, because each person contributes a full amount of work, and you end up with a model that is fully custom and with a massive file size, even when not necessary. It's generally a good thing on unit models, but attachments need lower file sizes.

I love most of your models, and they're usually good enough and with file sizes that are kind of high, but still low enough to be worth importing. But this particular one just doesn't look as good as the others, and at the same time has an infinitely higher file size.

Last edited:
Level 28
I don't like this, so I won't use it, it's as simple as that. If you want to use a 245 KB attachment that looks pretty much average, feel free to, but if I don't want to, that's my choice, and I don't see what issue you have with that.

Actually I can't really see a attachment like this. Though if my first post offended you, i'm sorry about that I'm a bit sleepy that time and thought you're raging or something.

Level 7
"A lower resolution of the texture can be downloaded..."

okay, where is it, I get an 'error 404 file not found' message!?

Thanks a lot Deolrin :)

Last edited: