• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Warcraft Total War 1.07c

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
「Warcraft: Total War」

By Capitoltee

Gameplay
[tr]
Two redone races, inspired by the game play of Warcraft I&II, Warcraft: Total War is a large scale remake of the traditional warcraft feel. Build bases, upgrade your troops, multicast blizzard, bloodlust, raise the dead, and conquer the skies! Each game is completely different, thanks to the random map generation. Enjoy!

If you want to play with me, or see some replays, check out http://www.youtube.com/user/CapitolTee?feature=mhee.

Features
[tr]
Random Map Generation
Redone units and gameplay
Supports the placement of up to 6 players
Weather effects.

Screenshots
[tr]
227802-albums6291-picture68086.jpg

227802-albums6291-picture68087.jpg

Credits
[tr]
Crossbowman Model-Kitabatake, Spearman model-Frankster, River water plane:http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=82133, Church Model: Ket, Necrolyte by Kam

Changelog
[tr]
Map Description Generator 「By Vengeancekael」

Keywords:
Warcraft, Altered melee, Multiplayer,
Contents

Warcraft Total War 1.07c (Map)

Reviews
19:34, 26th Apr 2013 Orcnet: the game takes too long to generate gold mines and the starting bases for the players find a way to reduce the wait, no much environment doodads and cliff varations that give multi-use of the whole map by means of decor...

M

19:34, 26th Apr 2013
Orcnet: the game takes too long to generate gold mines and the starting bases for the players find a way to reduce the wait, no much environment doodads and cliff varations that give multi-use of the whole map by means of decor and strategy, work the quest menu as a space for changelogs, updates, and credits. Any else can be approved

Level 2
I didn't get the idea from anywhere really. I've been messing with random maps for a long time, so I kind of hacked this one together. Will use the map description generator :p

The gameplay is also completely different. All the units are new and rebalanced.

Review

Okay, Since me and UndeadImmortal have done a test in the map I decide to review it :
1. The AI, they are damn powerful, we tried 3v3 and all our bases (including our ally AI) is smashed to ashes, tone it down please, since even adepts can't face them
2. The map is a great one, especially it keeps changing so it's nice having a new map every time we play
3. The weather effect is amazing, although you don't give any info about it (we loled ourselves when the blizzard reset the Map visibility)
4. Map Info, there is no map Info, general tips etc. I suggest you to make a Quest for your map Info, also remember to make a Quest titled Credits and put every people who helped there, remember A Map without Credits (Unless Melee Mals) is a fail, so make a quest to Credit those who helped (I.E their icon used, models used, etc.)

That's all I remember, if UndeadImmortal or I remember anything more, I will EDIT my post or UndeadImmortal will make another post to pinpoint what I missed here.

Sincerely,

Daffa the Mage

Little Hive Mage

Note : I reserves right to give any comment, wether they are positive or negative (but I don't reserve rights to use Inappropriate Words) so those who can't take advices should not contact me

Level 2
Okay, Since me and UndeadImmortal have done a test in the map I decide to review it :
1. The AI, they are damn powerful, we tried 3v3 and all our bases (including our ally AI) is smashed to ashes, tone it down please, since even adepts can't face them
2. The map is a great one, especially it keeps changing so it's nice having a new map every time we play
3. The weather effect is amazing, although you don't give any info about it (we loled ourselves when the blizzard reset the Map visibility)
4. Map Info, there is no map Info, general tips etc. I suggest you to make a Quest for your map Info, also remember to make a Quest titled Credits and put every people who helped there, remember A Map without Credits (Unless Melee Mals) is a fail, so make a quest to Credit those who helped (I.E their icon used, models used, etc.)

That's all I remember, if UndeadImmortal or I remember anything more, I will EDIT my post or UndeadImmortal will make another post to pinpoint what I missed here.

Sincerely,

Daffa the Mage

Little Hive Mage

Note : I reserves right to give any comment, wether they are positive or negative (but I don't reserve rights to use Inappropriate Words) so those who can't take advices should not contact me

Rock Solid! I'll make sure to update and change what you've suggested

Did you really have trouble with the AI? If you were playing it on Insane, then yes, you will have a hard time, but on normal i find it completely unable to play :p If you play it on easy, it shouldn't give you any problems :p I can beat 2 pc's on insane if my micro is intense. The AI was never really more than a way for me to test build orders and balance, the game was more made for head to head play :p

The big thing is you need to have lots of expos. One will cut it, sometimes, but often you have to get two before you hit tier 2, also, catapults are so rape against the PC, as it won't spread its units and they will die.

Also, I don't know if I added the updated Orc AI in this one, so if your partner was Orc AI, he probably sucked hard.

On That note, I can't really tone down the AI other than the fact that you do have difficulty settings and it does effect the way the AI plays, mainly through gathering more resources per load. If you turned it down to normal or easy I'm sure you could defeat them with some practice :p.

I'm glad you enjoyed the weather. Due to the non- fog of warness of the map, i felt it was an addition that allowed for sneak attacks etc.

I will Quest some info on the weather and I will put some tips in there too. Also Credits :p

Thanks for the review, and I hope I can get this approved after I fix the issues!

Level 2
I'm working on a few revisions of unit balance and on adding the credits and unit info to the quest things. I will be posting a new version very shortly

As for the wait; Good luck. You understand i'm generating thousands of doodads and goldmines from scratch every time? If i reduce the wait at all the game will simply crash. I've been working the best i can to make map generation as smooth as possible but honestly for what i'm doing a thirty second wait is completely nessecary.