• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Warcraft Party

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Warcraft Party

Overview

"Warcraft Party", simply put, is a strategic turn based board game comparable to that of the original Mario Party on the Nintendo 64. Players assume the role of a hero, from Warcraft lore, and travel around the board with the quest of acquiring tablets of power, which grant them levels. After each turn ends, a random minigame will be initiated in which each player can compete to earn extra gold. At the end of the initially set amount of turns, all of the heroes levels will be tallied to determine a overall winner.

Features
-Playable by Two to Eight Players
-Many Different Hero Pieces to Select
-Randomizing Board to Ensure no Two Playthroughs are the Same
-A Large Variety of Minigames based both on Skill and sometimes Luck
-Excellent Looking Board Terrain

Minigames (Completed So Far)

Type: Last Man Standing
Character Controlled: Murloc
Controls: Normal
Computer Enemy/s: Mortar Teams
Description:The Mortar Teams shoot bombs from above and the players have to simply dodge them to ensure their murloc stays alive.

Type: Race
Character Controlled: Go-Kart
Controls: Arrow Keys
Computer Enemy/s: None
Description:In War-Karts, players race their go-kart around the track perfecting their corners and drag as well as boost timing. The first one to finish 3 laps is the winner.

Type: Race
Character Controlled: Lost Soul
Controls: Hotkey/Spell
Description:In Soul Race, players frantically press the hotkey as fast as possible, in order to increase the speed of their Lost Soul. The first one to reach the top of the Temple is the Winner.

Type: Elimination
Character Controlled: None
Controls: Selection
Description: Where's Wally is a Warcraft 3 take on the traditional children's book. Players scan the screen to select the odd unit out as fast as possible. It is played in an elimination fashion eg 8 players would mean that the first round would have 7 odd units.

Type: Last Man Standing
Character Controlled: Crazed Cannoneer
Controls: Hotkey/Spell
Description: Cannoneer Catastrophe is a minigame where each player is charged with the task of shooting down other players cannons. The twist is though that all the cannons are spinning, requiring for the players to have precise timing in order to hit their targets.
Photo Unavailable[/URL]

Any comments, suggestions or criticism is much appreciated!

I also require suggestions for minigames to implement. They must be able to be played by 8 people and a minimum of 2 and should take no longer then 2 minutes.

Thankyou for taking the time to have a look.

--Updated May 11

Last edited:
Level 3
I'm going to be honest, I would really want to play this map. I tried making a similar map once, but I simply lacked the skill at the time to complete the map.
I would enjoy walking around the board like in the old days of Mario Party on the 64. :p

However, as mentioned, you are probably going to want to think of some more original mini-games. I don't have any ideas for you, unfortunately.

Level 4
I completely understand nobody wants to play just a carbon copy of Uther Party. Hopefully that is where the board game part of play will help distinguish the map. But in saying so I definitely agree with both your comments that the mini games will need to be unique.

There is absolutely no point in say having a game "Throw the Rock at the Penguin" Where in Uther party the exact same game was called "Spear the Pig". What i have been trying to do is go through the Mario party games and pick out suitable mini games that would be able to be transferred to a wc3 format. Another stipulation to creating these minigames is that they cannot last for too long.

On average if you say one player takes 30 seconds on a turn on the board game map, that then is 4 minutes give or take to complete a turn (with 8 players) exclusive of the minigame played at the end.If minigames were kept to approximately last 2 minutes, then for a normal sized game (25 turns), it would take 150 minutes or 2 and a half hours. Ultimately the most probable option would be to speed up the time it takes to move spaces on the actual map.

Anways i have updated the main post with better minigame descriptions, one new minigame ( missing photo), as well as three more screenshots of an overview of the board game map.

Status
Not open for further replies.