• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] Warcraft III The Dark Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
216850-albums5925-picture62766.jpg

Hey there Warcraft Community!

This is a map that allows the player to play as four factions (Alliance, Horde, Undead Scourge and Naga) with the fifth being computer controlled (Burning Legion). The idea being that each faction follows it's own unique set of Main and Optional quests that follow the lore form World Of Warcraft itself, also allowing them to join with another faction on a particular quest. Each faction that can be played by the player will have a computer controlled ally to assist in completing quest, which will make game-play very challenging as each faction will not get very far without working with it's ally.

Game-play will be very complex as each faction strives to achieve their own quest while battling with the other factions in an attempt to prevent them from accomplishing their own quests. All the races are available in both the Alliance and Horde to be controlled by the user including the main characters themselves. That does not make the Scourge and Naga useless as they will have their own advantages and characters, the scourge will be able to raise fallen worriers all across the map with the Lich Kings help while the Naga can summon scores of their kin and demons loyal to them to overwhelm everyone. There is much more!

This map is designed to incorporate the classic Warcraft 3 game-play with World Of Warcraft Characters, spells, creatures and Lore.

The Up-Side

Once completed this map will leave all Warcraft and World Of Warcraft fans wanting more of the classic warcraft style game-play while bringing in the massive online multi-player series World Of Warcraft into it. The terrain, Characters and Factions are fully completed with room for improvement.

The Down-Side

This project is far to complex and time consuming for me to cope on my own, with no support on Triggering, Mapping, Modelling, Spell Creation and much more I will not be able to finish it or resulting in me giving up. I there for leave this to the Warcraft community to decide whether they will help in the maps completion or let it fade away.........

Requirements

I have manage to do the Terrain completely and as best I can but there will always be room for improvement so if your good at mapping and would like to contribute then PM me with what you have in mind.

Something I am not good at and simply do not have time to study is the Triggering and GUI stuff, If your prepared to fully trigger out a map completely then it would be greatly appreciated.

Most of the characters are in the map but new models are need desperately to spice up the map. Characters from World Of Warcraft will make it more interesting.

Spells and Hero items are just as essential as the Triggering because lets admit it, the default ones are now boring. If you are happy to add spells and items from World Of Warcraft then it would be a lot similar.

Cinematic's would also be important, If you like making them or want to show your skills that too would be great at making the game awesome.

Finally if no one shows interest in helping or this map does not go any where then if you would like to use it please PM me as to what you would like to do before I give you full permission.

Screenshots

216850-albums5892-picture62473.jpg

216850-albums5892-picture62472.jpg

216850-albums5892-picture62471.jpg

216850-albums5892-picture62470.jpg

Here is the incomplete map to try out if your interested.

Warcraft 3 The Dark Portal
By BlueWolf

Last edited:
Level 4
Thanks man, I know I will get this post right eventually.

There are a number of other characters that are really cool, like the Pandaren.

Sorry I did not quite get your meaning of
Voi'Jin isn't use shuriken, is he?

Level 4
Well in the screen shot he does, in Warcraft 3 and Wow I don't think he does.

Something that will be changed if I find a modeller to do so.

Level 30
Interesting project here, I like that the way this is a melee if I am right, there is also some RPG aspect I can see because there are quests for each faction. It does make it interesting and quite unique to see. Basing also from screenshots, they look very good and I like those full fledge battles happening there. Terrain could still be improved in ways that decorating it a little but not much for it causes alot of inconvenience in melee type of games.

Also maybe I suggest think of 2-3 Warcraft places and put them in this map of course and it will need you a JNGP to exceed 12-13 tiles to 16 tiles. It makes it better with Warcraft 3 based places as the environment for this game instead of made up places (correct me if I am wrong).

Overall, for an altered melee map, this looks very interesting and I like your motivation on this one. take this +4 REP as a reward and good luck! BTW, the Thread could use some maybe more eyecandy such as adding images to make it better. :)

Level 4
Thank you Hell_Master

It is intended to be a RPG in respect of the classic Warcraft 3 Campaigns with Wow brought into it to spice it up which yes will be unique.

The Game-play is intended to be intense as with massive forces moving around the map trying to achieve their goals while there will be other aspects that will come in forcing the user to rethink strategies.

There are different terrains for each faction and most of the other land masses (Sorry the Screen shots are old and I will update them for you to see how much better it is) Of course there is loads of space for improvement.

However to be completely honest I am not going to get very far with out some one to do the Triggering and Gui stuff as I simply don't have the time to study it for the map. It would be best for someone who has experience with it.

Level 4
Well here you are Hive, Updated Screen shots of the up and comming map.

216850-albums5922-picture74223.jpg

216850-albums5922-picture62757.jpg

216850-albums5922-picture74219.jpg

216850-albums5922-picture74221.jpg

216850-albums5922-picture74222.jpg

216850-albums5922-picture74224.jpg

216850-albums5922-picture74226.jpg

216850-albums5922-picture74220.jpg

216850-albums5922-picture74225.jpg

Level 4
Is there anyone out there interested in helping in anyway with this map, if you can contribute anything feel free to PM me.

Perhaps if your interested in taking over it then let me know as well or have any good suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.