• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] Warcraft III The Dark Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi there Warcraft Community!!!

This is a project that I have been working on for about a year which has come to a haul because the person that was doing the triggering does not appear to be interested in an more.

This map is supposed to be World Of warcraft in side Warcraft 3, However it does not follow the lore down to the last dot but it's rather close. The player can be apart of the Alliance, Horde, Scourge and the Naga. The only race the player can play as is the Burning Legion for obvious reasons :D

Below is what I envisage my map to be with the triggering.

There are Main Quests and Optional Quests unique to each Faction and in some cases the factions join forces to tackle bigger Quests.

The idea is to have two players per Faction while each faction has a computer controlled player that is to support the user even in a LAN multilayer game.

The intention is to make the game play very difficult to achieve the Quests if the user does not work with his/her ally or even opposite faction.

The Computer controlled players themselves will be very tactical and wise against the user, and if you think that defeating your enemy by attacking weak defences then think again because they will be prepared.

I need someone else who is interested on doing all the triggering for this map or even helping out in other areas as I want to get this map finished. Most of the credit will go to those that help rather than myself as I cant finish this map by myself as I don't have knowledge to do the triggering or even the time to learn it. If you are interested in being a part of this to be awesome map PM me and I will fill in in further.

If you want to take a look at the map then look below and the link will allow you to download it. Your feed back would be appreciated and remember it is not finished and has no triggering......

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=s4awqt

You aren't going to get far as a mapper if you don't learn to trigger. I suggest to take a look at the hive's tutorials, it is a great place to start your way towards advanced mapping.
About the project: Players typically do not join projects to pretty much all the work for you. You may not think triggering is a big deal, but it takes a hell of a lot of time to get a single thought converted into game mechanics.

I'd also like to point out there are several projects of this type already in development. So perhaps you could look around and ask the developers of these maps for tips, or help.
I hope I wasn't too blunt, but seriously don't get your hopes up too high when you are looking for someone to trigger an entire map for you. Good luck with the project.

Level 4
Yeah I gathered as much,

I don't really have the time to go and relearn triggering. I did know triggering very well but I have forgotten most of what I did know.

I might as well put the map up for someone to use in their own project if they wish to if I can't get this project going.

You guys think that that will work instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.