1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Campaign] Beyond the Dark Portal in Warcraft III style

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Xetanth87, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Xetanth87

Xetanth87

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hello! Exactly one year ago I have started working on remaking the Beyond the Dark Portal orc campaign in the style of Warcraft III (Wc3 balance, spell casters with 3 spells, hero units) as opposed to the copy-paste original stats that other campaigns have tried. I wanted to also add things from the Dark Portal WoW Novel.

I have no way of finishing this campaign, since I am very busy. I want to pass my project to someone who wants to continue it. All I ask in return is to try to be faithful to my vision and credit me as the one who started the project.

This is the current state of the campaign:
    Intro (based on the first chapter of the book) - 15% Completed. Only a couple of lines and animations have been created
    C1 (Slayer of Shadowmoon) - 85% Completed. Needs better terrain, a new cutscene for meeting Grom, more hidden items
    C2 (Skull of Gul'Dan) - 5% Completed. Only some units are placed, very rough and plain terrain
    Demo Map (called Slayer of Shadowmoon in the Campaign Editor) - has all kinds of ideas I wanted to implement like new heroes with custom abilities: Gratar, Grom, Teron, Kargath, Dentarg, Ner'zhul as well as custom units: Ogre Magi, DKs, Paladins, Shamans, Spearthrowers all with new spells based on Wc2, Wc3, WoW or Heroes of the Storm.
    Plans were to recreate all maps from the orc campaign of BtDP as if it was a prequel to Wc3 with the same gameplay as WcIII, as well as every cinematic and an epilogue of Ner'zhul meeting Kil'Jaeden and being turned into the Lich King. Oil was to be literally black gold. Meaning bringing oil to a Shipyard would add to the player's gold. The techtree would be reshaped with replaceable unit tiers like the Sc2 LotV Zealot/Dragoon/Dark Templar/... variants you would have something similar with some units Grunt/Ghoul/Shaman (melee unit with claws since they didn't get used to controlling the elements of Azeroth yet), Troll Axethrower/Spearthrower, Death Knight/Warlock/Troll Shadow Priest. Gratar the new hero would be present in every map, while Grom and the others would appear on some missions, a bit more than in the actual game. Killrog would show up as the Bleeding Hollow Grunt in the cutscene but would not be a playable character.

Contact me if you want to continue my project.

2. Xetanth87

Xetanth87

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    So here are some images for anyone interested

"Opening"

[​IMG]

"Mission1"

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

"Heroes"

[​IMG]
    Eviscerate - Second Dagger - Direwolf Howl - Pack of the Lone Wolf
    [​IMG]
    Gorehowl Slash - Whirlwind - Counter Strike - Cry of the Warsong
    [​IMG]
    Charging Slam- Recovery/Berserker - Giant Killer - Mak'gora
    [​IMG]
    Shadowflame - Copy Spell - Fel Meteor - Life Tap
    [​IMG]
    Death Coil - Unholy Presence - Touch of Darkness - Tornado
    [​IMG]
    Earth Shock - Burn Flesh - Defile - Temporary Portal

"Units"

[​IMG]
    Eye of Kilrogg - Bloodlust - Rune Bomb
    [​IMG]
    Mortal Coil - Raise Dead (Grunt) - Cyclone
    [​IMG]
    (Troll Axethrower Replacement) Boar - Envenomed Spears
    [​IMG]
    (Grunt Replacement) Lightning Bolt
    [​IMG]
    Seal of Protection - Seal of Light - Exorcism

If anyone is interested in continuing this, feel free to message me.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
  3. Xetanth87

Xetanth87

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources: