• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Beyond the Dark Portal in Warcraft III style

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! Exactly one year ago I have started working on remaking the Beyond the Dark Portal orc campaign in the style of Warcraft III (Wc3 balance, spell casters with 3 spells, hero units) as opposed to the copy-paste original stats that other campaigns have tried. I wanted to also add things from the Dark Portal WoW Novel.

I have no way of finishing this campaign, since I am very busy. I want to pass my project to someone who wants to continue it. All I ask in return is to try to be faithful to my vision and credit me as the one who started the project.

This is the current state of the campaign:
Intro (based on the first chapter of the book) - 15% Completed. Only a couple of lines and animations have been created
C1 (Slayer of Shadowmoon) - 85% Completed. Needs better terrain, a new cutscene for meeting Grom, more hidden items
C2 (Skull of Gul'Dan) - 5% Completed. Only some units are placed, very rough and plain terrain
Demo Map (called Slayer of Shadowmoon in the Campaign Editor) - has all kinds of ideas I wanted to implement like new heroes with custom abilities: Gratar, Grom, Teron, Kargath, Dentarg, Ner'zhul as well as custom units: Ogre Magi, DKs, Paladins, Shamans, Spearthrowers all with new spells based on Wc2, Wc3, WoW or Heroes of the Storm.
Plans were to recreate all maps from the orc campaign of BtDP as if it was a prequel to Wc3 with the same gameplay as WcIII, as well as every cinematic and an epilogue of Ner'zhul meeting Kil'Jaeden and being turned into the Lich King. Oil was to be literally black gold. Meaning bringing oil to a Shipyard would add to the player's gold. The techtree would be reshaped with replaceable unit tiers like the Sc2 LotV Zealot/Dragoon/Dark Templar/... variants you would have something similar with some units Grunt/Ghoul/Shaman (melee unit with claws since they didn't get used to controlling the elements of Azeroth yet), Troll Axethrower/Spearthrower, Death Knight/Warlock/Troll Shadow Priest. Gratar the new hero would be present in every map, while Grom and the others would appear on some missions, a bit more than in the actual game. Killrog would show up as the Bleeding Hollow Grunt in the cutscene but would not be a playable character.

Contact me if you want to continue my project.

So here are some images for anyone interested

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Eviscerate - Second Dagger - Direwolf Howl - Pack of the Lone Wolf
full

Gorehowl Slash - Whirlwind - Counter Strike - Cry of the Warsong
full

Charging Slam- Recovery/Berserker - Giant Killer - Mak'gora
full

Shadowflame - Copy Spell - Fel Meteor - Life Tap
full

Death Coil - Unholy Presence - Touch of Darkness - Tornado
full

Earth Shock - Burn Flesh - Defile - Temporary Portal

full

Eye of Kilrogg - Bloodlust - Rune Bomb
full

Mortal Coil - Raise Dead (Grunt) - Cyclone
full

(Troll Axethrower Replacement) Boar - Envenomed Spears
full

(Grunt Replacement) Lightning Bolt
full

Seal of Protection - Seal of Light - Exorcism

If anyone is interested in continuing this, feel free to message me.

Last edited:
sorry, I did see that, but i was curious to know if it could be done on 1.27b or just the latest version of war3?
Probably not. If I remember correctly I made it, so your player is the one with the Black/Coal team color which was added after 1.30. You can try to see if it works. If it doesn't show up in your game, you need to update. Even if it does work in your game, there will be unforeseeable problems as there are significant changes made after 1.30. I created the campaign with 1.31.1 in mind, so other versions might break some aspects of it.

Level 16
Probably not. If I remember correctly I made it, so your player is the one with the Black/Coal team color which was added after 1.30. You can try to see if it works. If it doesn't show up in your game, you need to update. Even if it does work in your game, there will be unforeseeable problems as there are significant changes made after 1.30. I created the campaign with 1.31.1 in mind, so other versions might break some aspects of it.
I have multiple Versions of war3, however when i ask for 1.27b I have an old laptop 32bit OS that can only run 1.27b version of Warcraft since older versions requires a 64 bit and my kids PC is very very old.

Status
Not open for further replies.