• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The opening of the dark portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
30 years before the events of world of warcraft.... The event which allowed the horde to enter azeroth had to happen: Sargeras the destroyer, The fallen titan, creator and leader of the burning legion, possesed Medhiv, the last guardian, into opening the Dark Portal, a waygate to draenor, the land of the orcs. This event was important as it permitted the world as we know it today:
formation of the two nations , horde and alliance, as well as the battle of hyjal.
But today, a dragonflight known as the infinites, are playing with those event, this to change the world. As the world was about to change, dragons known as the keepers of time, united to stop the destroying of the world. On this day, brave warriors of the horde used the magical gateway to come back in this time,to stop the infinite dragonflight from destroying medhiv.

Inspired from the black morass raid..

The Opening of the dark portal, a unique hero defense, is coming to live!

Features:
- A beautifull remake of the black morass
- 8 heroes, the classes of world of warcraft, presenting each 9 skills
- Custom skins ! (made by the community of the hive workshop)
- 30 unique and differant dragons,which will present differants skills!
- Buying tome and making skills useless in hero defense: its over! you will need skill to defeat those dragons.
-Equipment is not 'buyable' with gold, only with items found around the black morass!
- Possibility to chose the way of playing: staying 30 rounds defending Medhiv or attacking directly the portals, which are defended by chronoleader deja, temporus and aeonus!
-7 players maps! (maybe 8 later)

Even if this map is inspired from the black morass raid,it won't look the same at all!
After this map, Elf_betrayer (my professional world of warcraft story geek) and me, ordinateur321(yeahyeah i know i subscribed with the numbers in the wrong order, not a big deal :p), will probably make the escape of thrall, and Hyjal)

What is done?
Triggers 5%
Terrain 100% (modifications will probably be made following your comments
Skill 5%
Units 4%

Even if the map is not at a good advance yet,the terrain is entirely done, and im ready to post it,so you can make comment on what to modify. I suggest you to use iseedeadpeople to see better.

Please report any thing you see that could get a modification, and anything bugged in the rogue skills (its the only class with custom skills yet)

Known things:
The little peon lost in the swamp: Here to test something,will be removed at heroes release
The rogue which is there even when not chosen, which dont restore mana and the little archers: was there to test skills,dont bother them
Alliance as force 1? oO: I just found this out, will be corrected in heroes release
Enemys that dont have computers controlling them automaticly: I know about this, but i don't know why it do that, anyone could tell me? In players properties computers are chosen, so hum a guess?

Thanks for replies :grin:

Attachments

• opt-The Black Morass(1)(1).w3x
    1.5 MB · Views: 85
Status
Not open for further replies.