• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III AutoRefresh (Windows / Linux / Mac)

What is Warcraft III AutoRefresh?

This is an application designed to automatically refresh the game you are currently hosting. Normally when you host a game, you would close all slots and open them to force your game to appear at the top of Battle.net's list of custom games. With this application, that process is done automatically.

Features

- Cross-platform, usable on Windows, Linux, and Mac.
- Automatically refresh your game.
- Set the rate at which your game is refreshed.
- Helps distribution of a map by assisting players in recognizing "Download Only" games.
- Customize the names and colors of the Autorefresh appearing in pre-game lobbies.
- Almost no CPU utilization, allowing you to keep your framerates up.

Requirements

Microsoft Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/Vista
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1

--OR--

Linux (Any Distro)/MAC OS X
Mono Framework

Package Contents

- Warcraft III Autorefresh program
- C# Source Code
- General Public License (GPL) txt file
- readme.txt file
Contents

Warcraft III AutoRefresh (Binary)

Reviews
Level 8
Just a small update everyone: I've been trying to get it to work under Linux using the Mono Framework. Unfortunately as it is right now, the program requires a Windows-specific dll file (kernel32.dll) to work. In other words, those of you running WC3 under Linux or Mac OS X won't be able to use this program until I can fix it.

Also, I've heard reports that this will not work either under Windows Vista, and I don't plan on getting that anytime soon.

Level 1
Like Bobdole454, I can't use it because it says failed to initialize[...]. It says the same when you try to run a setup in a wrong file directory ( or something like that) can someone help me i really need to get it working!

Level 8
Failed to Initialize (0xc000135)

This is because you don't have the .NET Framework 1.1 installed. I believe I listed that in the "Requirements". A google search would tell you that. Come on people... part of life is being able to help yourselves. You're smart enough to know how to register so I'm sure you know how to use a search engine.

Level 1
I was just wandering if I should open the program first and then host a game. Or should I host a game first and then open autorefresher program?

Level 1
The port number setting does not match the port that you are hosting on. whatdoes that mean...... i am slow

Level 1
18.08.2007 18:46:28 - Error: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.
what that means plz help :(

Level 1
Hey i got this problem
- Error: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.
How can i fix this problem?(I have vista)

Level 8
A message says "Error: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it."

- Warcraft III is not running.
- You are not hosting a game.
- The port number setting does not match the port that you are hosting on.

===============

(Windows) A message says "The application failed to initalize properly (0xC0000135)".

- Ensure that the .NET 1.1 Framework is properly installed. You can download it from Microsoft's website.

===============

(Linux/MAC) Nothing happens when the application is run.

- Ensure that the Mono Framework is properly installed. On some distributions of Linux, you can install Mono by typing "yum install mono".

Level 1
- The port number setting does not match the port that you are hosting on OMG PLZ TELLME WHATTHAT MEANS !!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLZX PLZPLZPZLPZLPZL

Level 1
oh and btw haris...in the options in wc3 u can check which port the programm will use and then u somehow type it into the autorefresher :) (wc3 usually uses the port 6112 unless u've modified it)

Level 11
I get an exception every time I minimize.
It says Width must be greater then Minwidth
It has a continue option, but its still kind of annoying.

Level 1
Thanks for the new update on the auto refresh! the old one didnt work for me and this one does! *bows*

Level 1
Hey Thanks Heaps Sentryiii, and for the ppl using macs i found this site very helpful in setting it up

http://www.seosoft.info/seolog/2007/10/08/tutorial-warcraft-iii-autorefresh-for-mac-os-x/

Level 1
Hey Sentryiii thx heaps again, i was just wondering if u knew somewhere i could get a Custom Kick for mac/Linux.

Thanks

Level 1
I've got a question to the Sourcecode:
In the sendet package apperas this "HostCounter[0]" in both packages.
What does this do?

Level 1
Hey it doesnt work the Autofresh it says No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it and my port is the same as the host n it doesnt work or im missing some thing if i am can u plz give me a link?

Level 1
I've noticed a few annoyances in this, but the two most important are: 1) crashing when it's minimized 2) not automatically scrolling to the bottom of the log. Although I don't know any C#, I've manged to figure out enough of it (C++ knowledge helps a little) that I was able to make a quick fix for both of these problems. I've added you on AIM and hope to talk to you soon.

Level 1
im having problems downloading this auto refresh when i click on auto refresh in tools it comes here then i press upload and it goes to this screen wanted me to describe my tool. what would i do from there or did i do something wrong and if so please tell me

how do i get auto refresh installed?

were do i download auto rf?

how do i download auto refrsh ? where?

how do i gdownload auto rf????

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 1
you can download by clicking on the link "Click here to download WarcraftIIIAutoRefresh.zip (72.69 KB, 14916 Downloads)" if you dont find it, search on the page for "Click here to download" and you will find it.

Level 1
i gt problems i put the correct port and then it says that it cant connect to ir coz the pc dponest let it

Level 1
It took some doing, but I got this thing to work. A simple reboot is actually all it took.

I do have a question pertaining to the speed at which the AutoRefresher joins your game. At the default setting AutoRefresh will fill up the slots at an agonizingly slow pace. I've seen other players with AutoRefresh fill up the game and leave in an instant. Tinkering with the refresh rate only seems to affect how often the program tries to fill the room up and not the speed at which it actually does the deed.

Would anyone have any idea why my AutoRefresh is so slow? I've poured over the documentation but there is no mention of this anywhere.