1. The contestants were to create water structures for the 20th Terraining Contest. Choose one in the public poll!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Melee Mapping Contest #4: 2v2 - Results are out! Step by to congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We're hosting the 15th Mini-Mapping Contest with YouTuber Abelhawk! The contestants are to create a custom map that uses the hidden content within Warcraft 3 or is inspired by any of the many secrets within the game.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Warcraft III 1.30 no sound

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by Wrath King, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Wrath King

Wrath King

Resources:
    Resources:
    Someone please help me. My Wc3 has no sound. A few months ago I had 1.28 version and it was working fine. Earlier I upgraded it to !.30 and it has no sound. The version I have now is 1.30.11256 and it does not make any sound at all. Please help me :(. Sorry if this is in the wrong discussions. I cant find anywhere else where this topic would fit

2. Kakerate

Kakerate

Resources:
    Resources:
    Apparently the best supported mp3 format for latest patch is 128br 22050hz, but that involves you either fixing the map through an MPQ Editor or being able to edit the map freely in World Edit.

3. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    What operating system are you running the game on?

4. Wrath King

Wrath King

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm not talking about a certain map. I'm talking about the game entirely. Everything has no sounds, cinematics, main menu and even gameplay.

Windows 10

Can I also ask some more help? My world editor wont even open. A small window at the center of the screen appears then disappears instantly and after that the WE wont open.

5. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Have you tried repairing-reinstalling the game, deleting registries and stuff?

6. Wrath King

Wrath King

Resources:
    Resources:
    Only reinstalling. I dont wanna mess around with the registry because I dont trust windows 10. This is the second time I installed 1.30 warcraft

7. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Tried changing stuff in the game's sound options?
    Maybe it's something related to your audio drivers not being compatible?

8. Wrath King

Wrath King

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok I figured it out. I just have to close every Nahimic related program using the task manager before launching the game. This also fixed my world editor not launching. Thanks for the help anyways.

9. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Never heard of that up until now. So, it was something related to audio driver compatibility. You should write them an e-mail telling them about FMOD (what Warcraft III is using) that it's not compatible with their Nahimic driver.