• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft: Fall Of Nations Recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I haven't really thought of a decent name for my map yet, but anyway this map has a similar concept as Azeroth wars, but quite different. This map would be more based on normal melee type of map(like normal gameplay) Only with many new spells,heroes, units, races, etc. This is going to be on a very large map, and the continents will be similar set like Azeroth wars, only smaller and still more different.

If I remember correctly theres 7 races, depending on the race, every race has 2 players, these are the races

Illidans Army(consists of fel orcs, blood elves, and Naga)
New Orcish Horde(consists of tauren, orcs, and trolls/goblins.
Lich King's Army(Consists of a variety of undead crap, and frost type units)
Stormwind(A all human army, some dwarves)
Forsaken(Mostly of human skeleton/orc variety of units, and some undead ones)
Burning Legion(Demons, Demons and more demons!)
Night Elves(Well you should know)

Every race has a VERY powerful hero, such as Lich king, thrall, illidan, kil'jaedin etc.

This is based off of mostly expanding, defeating players, to win you have to destroy a Key building, such as "The Frozen Throne", "Orgimmar Fortress", "Stormwind Castle" etc.

One thing I want to add on this that I've seen most maps DONT have, is a special upgrade system, I'll explain.

You know how a troll upgrades into a troll beserker? Well what I want to put in is something all races have, and lot of units will have. Such like a half naked ogre upgrading into a armored ogre, or a footman upgrading into a footman with a axe instead of a shield, etc. All upgrades will be useful, and makes things less boring.

One thing I would like to add is the unit sizes, buildings will be bigger, and units will be smaller, so then a grunt isn't half the size of a tower.

Of course what alot of maps lack that would make this fun for SP, A Good working AI.

Some other cool features on this map will be such things ass special locations where powerful hero's can be purchased, other things will be for custom units, and some spin off units, space units, etc. For fun.

I only need a couple of people to work with me on this, here are the kind of people I need

Terrain Designer(To make the terrain look nice and not cheesy)
Balancer
Modeler
good with triggers
good with designing spells
someone creative in different other aspects
Good with AI crap

I dont need someone for any specific job, if they can do more then 1 of these thats great, I also need someone that would be easy to contact and is "active". Ideas for this I greatly need, my previous project I started was pretty much just like this, I worked on it for about a month in a half, then had to stop for numerous reason, and I just didn't have the time or interest during that time.

But now sense its summer I rather waste my time on something I've been wanting to do. Anyway I hope people can sign up for this, help greatly appreciated. Anyone who wants to be a part of this project will be credited.

If you have any questions on map wise, story wise, and so on, feel free to ask.

I hope I can get people for this, I'm not planning on dumping this project!

Last edited:
Level 5
Hm, that sounds like a really good idea. I always hate how big the units are to buildings. But I'm afraid all I can do (good) on that list is balance. I would love to work on it during the summer, I have alot of free time already, (like 7 hours a day). Now, just because I have only 14 posts (at this point) doesn't mean I am a noob, I have been working with the WWE for a year now, I just don't think I am really cut out for things like triggers, I don't know JASS. But if I do help you with this, I would be sure to learn.

Level 12
More people I have, the better. Someone to balance things is a biggy, you got msn or yahoo messenger?

NOTE: to everyone else, the biggest things I need is someone good with terrain design(that has time on there hands, sense this is a big map, and someone good with triggers.

Ideas are really needed

Level 12
Terraining i guess I can do for now, but I still need a trigger guy.

EDIT: Ok we got a 3rd guy(I think) We know how we are going to do this, and we only need one more person!!!!A terrainer!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.