• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft: Apocalypse (Need ideas!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
The Titanic Watchers

Loken... Was right....
The Titan's creations... Have failed them again...
Alliance, Horde.... No matter which... All have failed...
Even the Vrykul themselves, has failed the Titans..... Even Loken... Has succumbed to the whispering of Old Gods...
Come, brothers and sisters... We shall cleanse this world of these failed mortals and the Old Gods, and finish what Algalon... Have been tasked to...

Zaron, The Guardian of Order

After the defeat of Algalon the Observer and the sending of Reply Code Alpha, Azeroth got rid of their problem with the Titans.

However, after his defeat to some "Rag-Tag Heroes", Algalon has been demoted from his position. Zaron, The Guardian of Order has been instructed to take his place. Zaron was very strict and powerful. Compared to him, Algalon is a flea and a baby in terms of power and strictness respectively.

As the new Observer, Zaron was very aware of everything that happens in Azeroth. And now, the Cataclysm has forced him to act. Remembering Loken's "false" report, he don't want the same thing to happen again in Azeroth. So, he collected his brothers and sisters who are willing to help him cleanse Azeroth of "failed mortals".

To his surprise, most, if not all of the high watchers agreed with him. With their help, he mustered a sizable forces and begin his strike on Azeroth, starting with Northrend.....

Level 2
Sorry for the stupid question but are the dragonflights participating in the Apocalypse?
Also the Iron Empire could receive as attainable heroes the watchers - Mimiron, Thorim, Hodir and Freya if Yogg-Saron manages somehow to corrupt them again ..

Level 16
Maybe after some hours, if the game hasn't ended yet (Maybe 3 or 4 hours, to make it a VERY RARE event). There will be a Zerg Invasion Event (Hostile to Everyone)? That would give the game a nice addition (Well, it's just a suggestion).

Level 31
they're all dead too.

neltharion was killed, rend blackhand has been long dead (even though he's not a child anyway), sintharia (if that's the wife) was killed in outlands, onyxia was slain by variann wyrnn, and mog'hor is probably in hiding or killed in battle.

though, i might make mog'hor a hostile commanding dragonmaw surviviors

Level 17
Neltharion cannot be killed. He just can't. And I will sum up the reason in one very, very short word: titan. During the time of creation, the titan Khaz'goroth formed a bond with Neltharion which is still in tact, no matter how good or evil he turned out to be. Killing Neltharion, which would ultimately sever the bond, would attract the attention of Khaz'goroth. Better yet, the Pantheon itself. Besides, no matter how beaten he is, Neltharion has always found a loophole. War of the Ancients, Day of the Dragon, etc. He has always escaped or was left to live for some ultimate purpose.

Just my two cents. ^.^

Also, if you want ideas for the dragonflights, I remember posting something in this thread about them. Perhaps some furbolg and dark troll tribes have once again allied the night elves to combat the threat in the south. Hell, even some green dragons might even participate in this alliance. Would night elves have a proper foe? The Horde? Or do all of them in Kalimdor face off against the Silithid? Also, make sure that the player controlling the Silithid is not allowed to go into Un'goro Crater. It is, from lore, somewhat sacred.

Level 10
If I am not mistaken, this is pro-Cataclysm (AFTER Cataclysm). So, Deathwing was "killed" by a group of level 84 noobs. Note the quotations; unless these newbies brought Deathwing's head back from thier victory like they do with Onyxia, I virtually GUARANTEE that Deathwing is still alive. Perhaps it was impossible to bring his head; his neck is encased in adamantium, or anyone attempting to do so gets melted under a flow of acidic blood that Deathwing so convineintly has. So, by this logic Deathwing is still alive, and perhaps well enough to gather the remainder of his flight (but I doubt that he will ather more than five or so). Because the Blacks have now undergone not one (War of the Ancients), but TWO mass genocides (Cataclysm), I doubt the Black dragonflight will survive this. Perhaps they intermingle with Chromatic and/or Nether drakes, but they are out of the fight for a very long time, if not forever. If Sargeras is actually destroyed, then there will be this much chance for Deathwing and the shreds of his race left: JACK SHIT. He isn't coming back in this campaign any time soon, unless you want him too.

If the Titans decide to come and cleanse this particular planet of imperfect mortals, we are completely screwed. We will be able to do nothing against them; imagine five level 80 WoW players cutting through about 100 brand-new level 1 people. They should stay away from this campaign, because if they DO come, and we are somehow able to defeat them (showing them we are worthy of survival is another thing), that would be the most ridiculous and insensible thing ever done and would blow a huge hole in the quality of your map.

As to the Silithid, they are one of my favorite WoW races because I am a sucker for insects, so I have plenty of ideas for your Silithid race. I don't know how close the Silithid are to completion, but there are plenty of ideas in my head for you to exploit.

As you already know, the Twilight Hammer clan is just another Orc clan. What makes them important enough to appear in your map? They were nearly wiped out in the Second War, and even today have absolutely nothing when compared to the Horde. The Silithid represent the Old Gods, but why is the Twilight's Hammer clan here?

As for Nozdormu returning with the Infinite dragonflight, that sounds like a good idea for a last-minute, desperate action that could, say, turn the tide against an unstoppable wave of Silithid crushing much of the mortal resistance ahead of them. Ysera falling to the "Emerald Nightmare" sounds a bit far-fetched; isn't Ysera herself master of the Dream? By now, I think the Blue dragonflight would be beaten into submission by the other Dragonflights and would therefore play a minor, if any, role in the pro-Cataclysm world.

Level 31
If I am not mistaken, this is pro-Cataclysm (AFTER Cataclysm). So, Deathwing was "killed" by a group of level 84 noobs. Note the quotations; unless these newbies brought Deathwing's head back from thier victory like they do with Onyxia, I virtually GUARANTEE that Deathwing is still alive. Perhaps it was impossible to bring his head; his neck is encased in adamantium, or anyone attempting to do so gets melted under a flow of acidic blood that Deathwing so convineintly has. So, by this logic Deathwing is still alive, and perhaps well enough to gather the remainder of his flight (but I doubt that he will ather more than five or so). Because the Blacks have now undergone not one (War of the Ancients), but TWO mass genocides (Cataclysm), I doubt the Black dragonflight will survive this. Perhaps they intermingle with Chromatic and/or Nether drakes, but they are out of the fight for a very long time, if not forever. If Sargeras is actually destroyed, then there will be this much chance for Deathwing and the shreds of his race left: JACK SHIT. He isn't coming back in this campaign any time soon, unless you want him too.

If the Titans decide to come and cleanse this particular planet of imperfect mortals, we are completely screwed. We will be able to do nothing against them; imagine five level 80 WoW players cutting through about 100 brand-new level 1 people. They should stay away from this campaign, because if they DO come, and we are somehow able to defeat them (showing them we are worthy of survival is another thing), that would be the most ridiculous and insensible thing ever done and would blow a huge hole in the quality of your map.

As to the Silithid, they are one of my favorite WoW races because I am a sucker for insects, so I have plenty of ideas for your Silithid race. I don't know how close the Silithid are to completion, but there are plenty of ideas in my head for you to exploit.

As you already know, the Twilight Hammer clan is just another Orc clan. What makes them important enough to appear in your map? They were nearly wiped out in the Second War, and even today have absolutely nothing when compared to the Horde. The Silithid represent the Old Gods, but why is the Twilight's Hammer clan here?

As for Nozdormu returning with the Infinite dragonflight, that sounds like a good idea for a last-minute, desperate action that could, say, turn the tide against an unstoppable wave of Silithid crushing much of the mortal resistance ahead of them. Ysera falling to the "Emerald Nightmare" sounds a bit far-fetched; isn't Ysera herself master of the Dream? By now, I think the Blue dragonflight would be beaten into submission by the other Dragonflights and would therefore play a minor, if any, role in the pro-Cataclysm world.

wow, your lore is very lacking o_O

1. 85*, not level 84.
Also, Deathwing's body was dragged and thrown into the Ocean after his slaying, which lore-wisely, was with thousands of soldiers and almost every single leader of Azeroth.

2. we already defeated the TItans once in Ulduar, we can easily do it again, they're not as almighty as we think. The Pantheon, which is the council of the most powerful titans, could easily rip us to shreds, but they have more important things to do.

3. i'll be happy to see your ideas on the silithid!

4. actually, the twilight's hammer clan was an OGRE clan with some orcs, and you really underestimated them. I'm guessing you never read their lore, they are EXTREMELY important.

1. they're probably the largest clan in the world, present-day they have atleast one of all the sentient races.

2. They are worshippers of the Old Gods and obviously try to summon them MULTIPLE times.

3. They are blessed by the old gods, making them powerful spellcasters and also mutating them into lumbering war beasts.

4. they're just badass

5. The Blue Dragonflight will most likely come back as Frost Wyrms, though their remaining sane members might follow their leader, IF i decide to allow Malygos to be a frost wyrm, to the Scourge.

And yes, Ysera becoming part of the emerald nightmare is far-fetched.

Also, it is rumored Nozdormu is indeed the LEADER of the Infinite Dragonflight due to a quest in WoW, in which you use a device which will find the leader of the infite Dragonflight, an image of Nozdormu ends up appearing.

thanks for the comment, +rep!

Level 10
Well, my responses to your responses:
It was a joke. I know the level cap is 85 in Cataclysm.
I didn't know there was any information on how Deathwing is killed out there: could you give me a link to your info? Anyway, Deathwing survived being thrown into the ocean before. During the Second War, the Kirin Tor struck Deathwing down (I don't remember exactly how), and he fell into the ocean. Yet he came back for more during the Day of the Dragon.

I don't know that much about high-level WoW stuff, so I guess I missed that.

I will combine my example terrain with my Silithid ideas for convineince on my part.

I just dug through WoWwiki, and you are right: the Twilight Hammer clan is much more important than I thought. Just kidding.

Yes, I read up quite a bit about the Dragonflights on WoWwiki and know about that bit of info. I don't think the surviving Blues would join the Scourge because a reanimated Malygos told them to, and would actually oppose said Malygos and the Scourge as much as possible.

Happy to assist you, and I look forwards to working with you in the future.

Level 31
1. deathwing is returning in my game anyway, i'm just saying he will be killed in WoW. Blizzard dosn't make raid bosses and let them live, just as it's confirmed Arthas will die.
www.worldofwarcraft.com/cataclysm

2. that would be great! (about the terrain + silithid thing)

3. so, you still don't think the twilight's hammer isn't important? well w/e, they are.

4. i might just make the rest of the blues hostile

Level 1
i read all the posts and peopel constantly said that sargeras is alive or hes not dead but he is dead over a 1000 years in warcraft the guardian Aegwynn destroyed Sargerases body but sargeras attached his soul upon the time of his so called "death" to Aegwynns soul and when Aegwynn gave birth to a child named Medivh Sargeras sent his soul to Medivh but here comes the good part Medivh was killed by Khadgar thus destroying Sargerases soul in the end of Jeff Grubbs The Last Guardian it tells u all of this so there is no Sargeras anymore and the eye of Sargeras is gone too so basically there is no more Sargeras unless if u count the Eyes of Illidan what he got from Sargeras hes dead.

Level 31
i read all the posts and peopel constantly said that sargeras is alive or hes not dead but he is dead over a 1000 years in warcraft the guardian Aegwynn destroyed Sargerases body but sargeras attached his soul upon the time of his so called "death" to Aegwynns soul and when Aegwynn gave birth to a child named Medivh Sargeras sent his soul to Medivh but here comes the good part Medivh was killed by Khadgar thus destroying Sargerases soul in the end of Jeff Grubbs The Last Guardian it tells u all of this so there is no Sargeras anymore and the eye of Sargeras is gone too so basically there is no more Sargeras unless if u count the Eyes of Illidan what he got from Sargeras hes dead.

no, sargeras is eternal, he'll always exist.

Last edited:
Level 1
IDEAAA! and first post in the forums.

I never actually use this account, but This thread changed it. I had an idea of a warcraft apocalypse for quite some time now, but I'm not good with the editor at all...

Well, my favorite race in the warcraft universe: Goblins. Yes they're awesome and steampunk. I have a somewhat unique gameplay idea as well. Instead of building of building a lot of structures to get higher in the tier, how about upgrading lower tier units, improving them to be slightly powerful and adapting to the new tier. The upgrades will come from one building, and produces food. other words pylons mixed with the forge and the templar archive with a fleet beacon of top of it. Their first tier units would be like zerglings, weak but easy to spam. Of course, if the Goblins won't be enough, add a few minor races in mix with them.

They still will have a second and third tier units of course, but they're somewhat more expensive, and have fewer upgrades available. Not to mention those upgrades would probably cost a fortune. And they would be a very Comedic race, a new face for the apocalypse. ^^
So yeah. What do you thinK?

Level 6
U could try:
-Scarlet crusade
-wildhammer and ironforge dwarves
-dark iron dwarves(along with ragnaros...)
-highborne: corrupted NEs with satyrs(and maybe some nagas)
-tribes:harpies,centaurs,razormane...
-Dragons
-goblins (maybe with the new horde made by garrosh hellscream)
-Aesir and vanir along with the iron dwarves
-worgen(or just add them to a human race)
-Pandaren
-Draenei or eredar

Last edited:
Level 16
U could try:
-Scarlet crusade
-wildhammer and ironforge dwarves
-dark iron dwarves(along with ragnaros...)
-highborne: corrupted NEs with satyrs(and maybe some nagas)
-tribes:harpies,centaurs,razormane...
-Dragons
-goblins (maybe with the new horde made by garrosh hellscream)
-Aesir and vanir along with the iron dwarves
-worgen(or just add them to a human race)
-Pandaren
-Draenei or eredar

1. Already Dead
2. Already Added (See "Alliance" in Main Thread)
3. KIA in Cataclysm
4. They didn't have their part here
5. Hell no. Except for Neutral Hostile Factions
6. Still discussed
7. Already Added (See "Horde" in Main Thread)
8. Already Added (See "Titanic Watchers" in Main Thread)
9. Already Added (See "alliance" in Main Thread)
10. In Pandaria doing some shits (Except Chen Stormstout)
11. Already Added (See "Alliance" and "Burning Legion" in Main Thread)

Okay. Who's next?

Level 11
- The cataclysm rose up an island south of Northrend. From this island where the Avir - Origonal Vulkuri that did not serve the lich king, and where Hydromancers. They have been resting far past the time the Vulkuri awoke, and with the Cataclysm, are in dire need of allies. The first ones to find them are (Insert race here), they now join them in their fight against their enemies and to keep balance in their empire.

The Avir where in a cave inside of the island. They aren't murlocs in disguise.

Level 16
Bases Name Ideas:
Alliance:
Force 1:
Ironforge (MAIN BASE)
Gilneas?
Tinker Town
Silverhand Refugee
The Kirin Tor

Force 2:
Darnassus (MAIN BASE 1)
The Exodar (MAIN BASE 2)
Theramore
Shattrath City (Aldor Part. Shared with Horde)
Honor Hold?
Ashtongue Settlement (Attainable)
Shadowsong Hold (Attainable)

Horde:
Force 1:
Orgrimmar (MAIN BASE)
Thunder Bluff
Mok'Nathal Village
Garadar
Sparkcog (Attainable)

Force 2:
The Undercity (MAIN BASE)
Shattrath City (Scryer Part. Shared with Alliance)
Acherus, The Ebon Hold
Sunreaver Hold

Scourge:
The Frozen Throne (MAIN BASE)
Drak'Tharon Keep
Neromaxaras
Shadowfang Keep
Ruins of Naxxramas
Bloodmoon Spire (Northrend. San'Layns A.K.A Blood Princes and Lana'Thel)

The Burning Legion:
Magtheridon's:
The Black Citadel (MAIN BASE)
Hellfire Citadel
Gorefiend's Rest (Self-Made. Inside Hellfire Citadel. The place to Summon Teron)
Tomb of Sargeras (Attainable)?

Kil'Jaeden's:
Gates of Twisting Nether (MAIN BASE)
Mo'arg War Factory
Infernal Production Factory
A Base for Tothrezims?
Various Outposts on Draenor

Silithid:
Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj (MAIN BASE)
Twilight Ruins
Many Outposts in Silithus

Iron Empire:
Ulduel (MAIN BASE)
Sanity's End
Various Outposts scattering across Northrend and what is left of Kalimdor

Kathrudashi Empire:
Ruins of Gundrak (Main Base?)
Zul'Drak (Main Base?)
Outposts scattering around Borean Tundra and Grizzly Hills

Zandalari Union:
Zuldazar (MAIN BASE)
Sen'jin Village
Ruins of Amani?
Ruins of Grurbashi?
Revantusk Village
Shadowtooth Encampments (Ashenvale)
Zal'Kazari (Dark Troll Capital. Self-Made)
Zul'Farrak (Attainable)

Titanic Watchers:
The Spark of Imagination (Mimiron)
The Conservatory of Life (Freya)
The Halls of Winter (Hodir)
The Clash of Thunder (Thorim)
The Iron Court of Judgment (MAIN BASE. Un-Functional until Zaron's descent)
The Colossal Forge (Ignis)
The Celestial Planetarium (Attainable)
Uldum
Lost City of Tol'Vir
Halls of Origination

Oh, and extra gameplay for Mimiron. Mimiron can shift between Three Forms, Leviathan MKII (Siege Assault), VX-001 (Anti-personnel Assault Cannon) (Slow Mass Destruction), and Aerial Command Unit (Flying Fast Attack). At Level 10, he can choose between A. Transforming to Mimir or B. Take out the V-07-TR-0N on Action. If he choose to transform into Mimir, he will lose the multi-form abilities. But, in turn, he gains powerful Nuke, Support, and Summoning Spells. If he chooses to take out the V-07-TR-0N on Action, he will have his old spells, only enchanced.

Level 16
So, when will base name and positions be implemented to main thread?

And Hero Titles:
Alliance:
Force 1:
Dargren: Light of Dawn, The Ashbane, Slayer of The Damned?
Varian: "Former" King of Stormwind or "King" of Stormwind"
Khadgar: Student of Medivh
Mekkatorque: High Tinker of Gnomeragan
Greymane: King of Gilneas
Magni: High Thane of Ironforge
Danath: Heir of Stromgarde
Kuriann: Heir of The Ashbane?
Rhonin: Arch Magus of Kirin Tor
Brann: Master Explorer
Muradin: High Thane of Ironforge
Falstad and Kurdran: High Thane of Aerie Peak

Force 2:
Tyrande: Priestess of Elune
Talron: Archdruid of Kaldorei
Darksorrow: Demon Hunter
Fandral: Ruler of Darnassus
Velen: Divine Prophet of the Draenei
Vereesa: Leader of Silver Covenant
Jaina: Archmage of Theramore
Broll: Shapeshifter Druid
Med'an: Guardian of Tirisfal
Akama: Chieftain of the Ashtongue
Maiev: Avatar of Vengeance?
Malfurion: The Shan'do of Kaldorei

Horde:
Force 1:
Zakruul: High Warlord
Garrosh: Warchief of the Horde, Heir of Warsong (After Thrall is freed)
Cairne: Chieftain of Taurens
Varok: High Overlord
Gruzken: Grand Seer
Grok: High King of Stonemaul Ogre
Rexxar: The Last of Mok'Nathal
Baine: Heir of the Bloodhoof
Hamuul: Archdruid of the Tauren
Thrall: Warchief of the Horde
Garona: Master Assassin
Gastro: Chief Tinker of Sparkcog
Ryypo: Co-Leader of Sparkcog
Leoroxx: Father of Rexxar
Thura: Last of Saurfang
Nazgrel: Master Raider
Rehgar: Gladiator Shaman

Force 2:
Sylvanas: Banshee Queen OR The Dark Lady
Falivan: Regent of the Blood Elves
Darion: Leader of the Ebon Blade
Magatha: Chieftain of Grimtotem
Rommath: Blood Elven Grand Magister
Lortharas: Lord of Blood Knights
Farannell: Master Apothecary
Ludothan: Master Assassin of The Forsaken
Valeera: Arcanic Assassin

Scourge:
Deathchill: Archlich
Dralnarath: Campion of The Archlich
Ludothan: Master Assassin of Deathchill
Lana'thel: Blood Queen of The San'Layn
Stitchwerk: Uber Abomination
Putricide: Mad Genius
Arugal: "Father" of the Worgen
Nerub'izur: Lich-Lord of The Scourge
Not Listed: Arthas (Obvious), The Blood Princes (Also Obvious)

That's it for now.

Level 11
I believe it's Tauren for plural or no plural. /me grammar nazis dead-man-walking

Imo, I liked the names such as "Grand Seer" "High Warlord" "High Overlord" because they are shorter and recongnize their class over their titles, unlike "Warchief of the Horde" gives them a title over their class. Anyway, I hope Takanenji uses the titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.