• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Warcraft: An Eternity Shattered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Great, im on the team :D
But I can do more than just coding n_n (anything but idea creation, ur much better at that haha)

Level 35
Well, TWIF, I haven't done anything yet. Haven't had any time. Literally, no time at all :(

I'll let you know when I can get started ;)

HappyCockroach said:
HeroSlayer should never be allowed on the team because I am afraid that his artwork will outdo mine D:

That would be most bad indeed

lololololololololololololol
Welcome to the team, HeroSlayer :3

Level 1
Interesting. A Sci-Fantasy mod, if I understand correctly.

Some ideas. Why not clearly define your races first. I had some ideas I didn't use so here they are.

Orcs: They could be nomads, powerful but primitive. This translates into gameplay by giving orcs less durable structures that can be allocated at any time, by transforming them into a caravan and moving on. They start off powerful but don't scale as well at higher level.

Elves: They imo should be most about magic and ranged warfare. Since they are in communion with nature so perhaps Elf don't need active miners for their secondary resource. Maybe they have some sort of power plant that passively extracts second resource passively. Their independence from secondary resource would be balanced by the slowness of extraction and a resources cap of some kind (for example you could limit their secondary resource to max 100 per power plant or town hall, whatever you call it).

Undead: (Cy)Borgs come to my mind, especially increasing population by converting. Give Undead a way to cheaply convert enemy units into their own, either through death or instant conversion and limit it to organic unit. Also Undead seem like the kind of race that would be wiling to sacrifice their own to hurther their own goal. Perhaps their casters could use life to cast most debilating and devastating spells?

Humans: Well this is probably the hardest race to do right. Humans could probably start weaker than Orcs and Undead, but slightly stronger than Elfs. Most of their high tier unit would be mechanical (thus automatically resistant to undead conversion effect). They'd probably fit nicely into steampunk.

Level 1
They've already clearly defined the races. Haven't you read that part? :/
I see a lot of speciality pending. If they did it in latter pages, they should probably update the first page. It'll be the second thing anyone looks at.

EDIT: Either way these were some mechanic suggestion to make the races slightly more different.

Last edited:
I see a lot of speciality pending. If they did it in latter pages, they should probably update the first page. It'll be the second thing anyone looks at.

EDIT: Either way these were some mechanic suggestion to make the races slightly more different.
Descriptions are pending. But me and TWIF have already all races in mind, really well-defined. I thank your help, but we're not in need of it for that aspect.

Um... this is already deep into work. wc4 is going to take years. this is hopefully not. dont post unconstructive criticisim, this project is just as important.
Lol, this IS constructive criticism. If you can not focus on one project, all of them will die sooner or later, I promise.

Lol, this IS constructive criticism. If you can not focus on one project, all of them will die sooner or later, I promise.
I'm the one who lols.
Constructive criticism is about constructing progress, or an advance. Yours is all about de-constructing this and giving it a break. And the way you express it is far from being constructive. Do us a big favor and do not reply this.

At this early stage, the project isn't really well-defined to you guys. Cos that is what we're working on. But THW isn't the platform we've been communicating by.

I'm the one who lols.
Constructive criticism is about constructing progress, or an advance. Yours is all about de-constructing this and giving it a break.
No, I'm constructive about telling you that WC4:SC2 is the better project and I want to encourage you not to waste your time with another project simultanously, which I consider being a strong mistake, as having more than one project usually ends up never finishing any of it.
And the way you express it is far from being constructive. Do us a big favor and do not reply this.
Phew, I agree, let's stop this discussion. Like that other guy, you seem to be immune to good advices.

You seem to be immune to the fact that your not always right. And that there is a possibility that you are wrong, if your really interested in wc4: sc2: why don't you posst in our community contributions page instead of spamming my projects, if anything, that will be even worse for the chances of completion. I AM utterly devoted to this project, and you, saying you are right, isn't going to change that. This is my last word, please don't respond unless its constructive.

Speaking on project, my computer may be dammned, and it may take me a few weeks to get another. but we will see.

So, i want my coding and data team to get bustin' on work without me, and i'll continue brainstorming, getting familiar with the editor, and managing work, until i get it back.

Go team.

You seem to be immune to the fact that your not always right. And that there is a possibility that you are wrong, if your really interested in wc4: sc2: why don't you posst in our community contributions page instead of spamming my projects, if anything, that will be even worse for the chances of completion. I AM utterly devoted to this project, and you, saying you are right, isn't going to change that. This is my last word, please don't respond unless its constructive.

Speaking on project, my computer may be dammned, and it may take me a few weeks to get another. but we will see.

So, i want my coding and data team to get bustin' on work without me, and i'll continue brainstorming, getting familiar with the editor, and managing work, until i get it back.

Go team.
Maybe HeroSlayer and Wazz could start it out already with data editing/coding?
I can't export animations right now, as for the Puma, and the texture isn't done, just the mesh. So, we will need to use placeholder models by now.

Which is fine, imo, when it comes to data and coding, models are probably the least important factor, when getting the raw data out of the way.

When you make the map that is going to be worked on, remeber to make it a 'mod' and not a 'map' so that the information can be transferred between maps.

Work should begin on the nelfs.

Status
Not open for further replies.