• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Woah you're now the leader of the project Craka_J. You don't know me but I know you I think. Weren't you the guy who made that cinematic sniper map which was very short some years ago on www.warcraftiii.net? I still remember that map even though it was nothing particular. Oh, that's maybe because you included your own voice in it! So is it you or I'm missing something...

I have a question for this project now...

Why are you guys making a Warcraft 3 WoW mod? I know it can be a multiplayer campaign so that it looks like WoW.... I tried the map. It really has nice terrain and all but I still don't see the point of it. I think this campaign will only make people want to play the original game even more. Is that the purpose of it or you want to make the players experience something different? The idea of multiplayer campaign is really exciting to me but I don't feel like playing a game through another game.

Level 14
Why are you guys making a Warcraft 3 WoW mod? I know it can be a multiplayer campaign so that it looks like WoW.... I tried the map. It really has nice terrain and all but I still don't see the point of it. I think this campaign will only make people want to play the original game even more. Is that the purpose of it or you want to make the players experience something different? The idea of multiplayer campaign is really exciting to me but I don't feel like playing a game through another game.

This is what i was refering, thats why I suggested that this Wc3:WoW should have something diferent than Blizz WoW. At least explain why you want it to make it wowish.

Level 14
Im not flaming , I am just expresing my opinion :p wich I dont think its out of place. Of couse I wont haunt them untill the end of teh days. . .or maybe. . .:D

Level 2
Wc3:WoW is free. What more do you want?

Nothing.... I mean as you say. This is like getting free cake with a fork and being able to eat it. No seriously though, if this makes you want to play WoW more then I have 2 things to say to you.

1. Addict...

2. If WoW was a drug this would be the anti-drug that saved us all! Lol.

Thanks to everyone working on this project! You make me want to cry. (But I won't because that is actualy not true.......... Shutting up.)

Level 7
I found this in a dictionary;

2. WOW

A game that consumes your life and eventually decays your friendships to the point where a little kid named jordan follows you all over the internet world just so he can be in the same vent channel with you as you play this gay game.

3. WOW

Acronym for World of Warcraft. World of Warcraft consumes every part of your life until eventually you have no friends because when they come over to visit you don't pay any attention to them and your "real" friends are the ones you talk to on vent while playing WOW, you lose your girlfriend because she no longer exists next to Warcraft, you start smoking in your room because your too involved in the game to go outside, lose all interest in going outside or having sex, you lose your job and eventually have to move home with you parents...

Level 25
Hard to believe you found it on a mature dictionary. Sounds like an immature twelve year old who actually suffered from all of the listed things in the definition felt like degrading a game because it was his fault for suffering something that much and letting it by, but blamed WoW for his own mistakes.
It really ticks me off when people blame games for their own stupidity.
Just like the Asian kid that starved himself to death and died from dehydration because he played WoW non-stop and didn't bother to eat, drink, or sleep on a regular basis. And then the kid's parents tried to press charges against the company of the game he played (Blizzard Entertainment).
~Craka_J

Level 3
Or the other chinese boy, who played WoW for 72 hours nonstop, and got a seizure, and then a heartattack. Died of course.

Level 45
I found this in a dictionary;

2. WOW

A game that consumes your life and eventually decays your friendships to the point where a little kid named jordan follows you all over the internet world just so he can be in the same vent channel with you as you play this gay game.

3. WOW

Acronym for World of Warcraft. World of Warcraft consumes every part of your life until eventually you have no friends because when they come over to visit you don't pay any attention to them and your "real" friends are the ones you talk to on vent while playing WOW, you lose your girlfriend because she no longer exists next to Warcraft, you start smoking in your room because your too involved in the game to go outside, lose all interest in going outside or having sex, you lose your job and eventually have to move home with you parents...

urban dictionary doesn't count as fact, duh.

Level 34
I find it funny, most people I know that play a lot of wow played a lot of other games before, just they focus on WoW now. I guess it's an addiction, but all hobbies are then.

Level 25
Yeah it is addicting, but the game got really annoying for me since it's so PvE focussed. And I'm a Mr.PvP man! I once camped a group of lowbies and two 60s for 14hrs straight!.. had a couple level 40s with me helping but man.. it sure was fun! *sigh* Those were the days...
~Craka_J

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
yey real Wow had its fun moments, mostly when u were lvling to 60. As always i complain about tbc xD. lvl 40 was the most fun i think with mount but still a long way to 60

Last edited:
Level 34
You still play Craka? It has way more PVP since TBC. No more palying for 5 months straight to becomce HighWarlord. lol

Level 25
Arenas I know... I'm just not cut out for WoW's type of PvP is what I'm saying. Hopefully though, their new expansion will revise PvP for WoW. They'll have to, otherwise Warhammer will destroy it's budget badly. Warhammer has been winning Most Anticipated Game of the Year awards since 2005. So I doubt Warhammer won't get enough attention.
And yes, I still play WoW here and there when I have nothing else to do. tbh, sometimes posting on the forums is more fun that WoW lol www.HiveWorkshop.com ftw
~Craka_J

Level 34
Haha, WoW just eats too much money for me to play. Pretty awsome game though. Getting a bit off topic, but whatever, I am looking forward to the Warhammer game.

Level 25
Yeah. Speaking of Warhammer, they released a new podcast video, and unloaded a batch of screenshots and concept artwork at their website a couple days ago. You should check it out, they're finally talking about High-Elves :D

Anyway that is getting off-topic. :\
~Craka_J

Level 9
WoW used to be so much better before BG's decided to invade. There was one really great patch, there were no BGs but the honor system was in the game. Everything really clicked during that patch.

The new Burning Crusade WoW seems so...cookie cutter in a sense. Everyone's doing the same thing, and everything is expected. You never see "Orgrimmar is under attack!"

I don't play it anymore and have not for awhile, so maybe it changed, but I checked for kicks and there's been, what, 1 patch in the last 4 months?

Level 25
Y'know what... you're 100% right. WoW got boring after they made you gain a lot less honor from honorable kills. Used to get like 40 honor per kill, now it's around 1-6. Now the only way for PvP to be affective is to go into AV and stay AFK for a few months. Boy did they ruin WoW or what? Can't wait for their introduction to siege. That will really make the PvP more worth while. But I have a feeling it'll be in Northrend only, just like how flying mounts are only in Outland.
~Craka_J

Level 34
I disagree, I don't see how it used to be so great, it was just harder to ger stuff, and either you had to do a ton of PVP, and non-stop, or go raiding. Thing with raids is you basically have to be an addict, your everyday schedule has to be formed around raiding. Now you can just slowly gain marks or arena rank (which i guess is also very time consuming) The only thing I don't like is how now everyone just gets the arena gear.

Level 34
Really? I didn't think anyone has yet? Are you sure? I would like to see a link to a video if possible.

Level 25
There are a couple videos on Google Videos and YouTube already of raids downing him pretty easily. I'm not going to go fish them out though, sorry.
Making Illidan killable in the first place and getting his loot is such a degradement to the lore, but by now it's completely obvious that lore is not at all a priority or care to Blizzard Entertainment. And without lore, I don't see a very bright future ahead for them once Warhammer comes out. Everyone I know who has been in the EARLY betas said it was the greatest PvP experience they've ever had, and that's something I cannot wait for. Blizzard is my favorite game company thanks to Warcraft III, but pretty soon they're gonna be out of ideas, leading them to just improvision, which isn't bringing them too far lately. I think Blizzard should make a whole new game and stop clinging on to old games and making new versions of them. It's getting very played out and is very disappointing in my opinion.
~Craka_J

Level 4
WoW is 10x worse than Chuck Norris jokes, WoW is better than sex. :)

If Wc3:WoW becomes an addicting game, then we've achieved our goal quite honorably :D
~Craka_J

1."WoW is better than sex" hhhm i don`t think so : )
2."WoW is 10x worse than Chuck Norris jokes" noting is better than Chuck Norris jokes : )

Level 34
Well, I can't see WoW dying for a while, first off the graphics, people I know don't have the computers to handle Warhammer (I won't be able to), and second people will feel so "attached" to their 70 or 80 or whatever. A large group will probably say all other games suck, just because they miss the days when they used to own in WoW when everyone and their dog played it.

Level 25
I believe that the minimum system requirements are equal to WoW's. And even if it isn't, my PC can handle Warhammer just fine and I could care less how many people play it or don't play it. Warhammer is basicly the new and improved WoW. And besides, the era of computers and gaming is beginning to revolutionize and games with stronger graphics are being developed like crazy. Hell, they don't even sell Playstation 1 console games anymore! (And PS1 games were the shit!)
I'd rather play and pay monthly for a game that is worth playing and that I don't regret playing than play WoW while being addicted and hating it so much all together.
~Craka_J

Level 34
Yeah so would I, just I know there will be the WoW die hards! Is it really the same requirements? I hope so =)

Level 9
Game-play elements are of course a factor, but making them isn't nearly as tough anymore. Most games just copy another's gameplay and rely on better Graphics, AI and Physics to draw customers.

But if you do have crummy gameplay, those three won't save it ;)

Level 25
Yeah. Game-play is a factor, but its focussed on just a tiny bit. The big boys who rate the games are looking for new stuff with good graphics to support it. Game-play can save a game with bad graphics of course sometimes, but it isn't a very good marketing stategy; leading to the new games coming in 2008 and so on, graphics will be a big implementation to almost all games and system requirements will be tougher to get.
I personally am in favor of game-play elements, which games like Warhammer Online have and it's satisfyingly new and good ideas as well. Why do most game creators such as EA go for graphics rather than game-play? Well most of them believe that if they make a game that will win the judges heart, they will get a good rating on their game and when you see a game with good ratings and commentary, why wouldn't you buy it!? Until you actually play it, and it isn't as good as the judges had made it sound.
~Craka_J

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
i couldnt care less about judges. And what i think, is that the games are all like you say, all copies, but with some differences so that they can call it there game.
When they started creating games, and there werent the "popular" bestselling games, it was all open to them, they could come with any idea they wanted, and maybe they were lucky with it maybe not.
And thats why some old games remain a part of my favorites, cause most new games would never come up with thouse ways of gameplay.

Level 25
Wc3:WoW is basicly a copy of a product. So I guess we're a part of this whole gaming industry thing now, aren't we? :p
You've got to admit though, we chose a good game to remake. And we're not including the expansions just for the fun of old time's sake. The original game was great, the expansion was alright for a bit, and then dungeons ruined it completely. I don't really like the Outlands that much either. Taking all the fun away from Lordaeron :'( But it kind of makes it easier for gankers such as myself to go out "noob hunting" and have a less likely chance of an enormous army barging in on my fun. It happens no matter what, but the Outlands delays them and thats what I like about Outlands lol
~Craka_J

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
i hate outland, i hate the instances i tried i hate the environment, i hate the way flying is made, and i hate that azeroth is empty because of some stupid piece of shit they call outlands, hmm what more is there to hate, ill come up with more l8er xD just kiddin'

Level 9
Yeah, Outland is teh suxxors, the flying is just copy+Paste of the swimming code (minus the water, of course) and and the instances are boring and lacking any...character. Back in the days of UBRS everything was...I dunno, epic! You're fighting Rend Blackhand, then this enormous monster, then General Drakkisath! All the Outland dungeons are just boring sets of mobs with boring, character-lacking bosses.

And Shattrath is ugly, too.

Level 3
Hey team. I'm sorry for not having been on for some time these days. Damn school is a time sucker, and since i'm busy with some other stuff aswell i can't be on the forum to often. Besides how goes the work on the project? Anything interesting of late?

Status
Not open for further replies.