• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Warcraft 3 v1.27a Is there a way to zoomout the view in the campaigns?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I love this game, every now and then I come back to play it again! Thou this time... I thought I might buy reforge cuz why not since I can enable classic look anyway. I lost my keys and stuff a long time ago anyway. Well... It didn't take long, actually around 5 minutes, 1 min of gameplay, and 4min of being astonished at how bad the voice acting is...(in my native language). Iconic, emotional, deep, voices made by one of the best voice actors of that time got replaced by some 5$ fiver clips. So... I don't want to go on about that for long, the disappointment still rages in me after days but whatever. Got that stuff refounded. I installed the older version, somehow after like 2 days I found a way to download the polish version of the 1.27a.
It's great, I try my own challenges in the campaign on high difficulty and stuff. I've never been like best in the game but I'm having fun. Thou It would be easier if I could zoom out. Now how do I do that? I googled a lot of examples of how to do it as a map maker in the editor but What I need is I guess a mod? or something like that? Or should I go thru every campaign map and zoomout the camera myself? I've never used the editor so It would require some learning before that I hope there is some better solution and that's why I came here! I saw ppl here know a lot so if there is an answer I guess It must be here.
Thanks for reading that... have a great day.

Level 29
Maybe this will help you (I've never tested, but should make Warcraft III pre-1.28 look like Reforged):

For traditional way, just open the campaign map with World Editor. This requires extracting the MPQ contents, but be very careful. Messing about in the MPQ Editor can cause severe issues with your game.

Level 2
Maybe this will help you (I've never tested, but should make Warcraft III pre-1.28 look like Reforged):

For traditional way, just open the campaign map with World Editor. This requires extracting the MPQ contents, but be very careful. Messing about in the MPQ Editor can cause severe issues with your game.
Truly an amazing tool... you basically upgraded my whole experience with the game. I've been playing without widescreen support and didn't even think it could look this good. I cant get the "dmg" numbers to appear but thats besides the post and way more than I ever asked for.
Thank you so much.
1673975484337.png

Status
Not open for further replies.