• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3 Reforged completely abandoned by Blizzard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I mean, is this a thing?

Haven't really been following Reforged since I deinstalled it around June 2020. But since then, from what I've seen, there's hardly been any updates, and there's been no word from Blizzard about Reforged in more than 3 months.

I've seen people on Blizzard forums and Reddit talking about this, so I was wondering does anyone here know anything?

I've also seen there's a community made ladder w3champions, and that's nice I guess. But to be frank, I don't really care about the ladder. All I was hoping for from Blizzard is that Custom Campaigns will eventually be reimplemented. But, at this point, that doesn't seem likely, tbh. And that's a big bummer!

~El

Level 17
I'd like to delude myself into thinking they're preparing a big patch or something. But we all know that's unrealistic.

What probably happened is that corporate decided to cut their losses and pulled developers from the project. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Reforged only had a small skeleton crew working on it now.

Level 7
It seems like a rhetorical question to me.

The game died the same day it was released and we all discovered the big scam they were trying to sell us (and forced us to install).

However, you can fool yourself into thinking that at some point they will fix it or surprise you with some "miraculous patch".

Level 12
And another thing. Does anyone know if W3Champions actually made Custom Campaigns playable in Reforged?
I don't really know, but I've been checking warcraft 3 reddit a lot, and it seems like atm you can only play melee maps on W3Champions, though they'll soon have custom map hosting as well.

No idea about custom campaigns though, from what I understand it's not a modded warcraft 3 or anything, unlike Eurobattle for example, it's more like a standalone melee ladder matchmaking system + host bot.

so if I had to guess then w3c will never have anything to do with custom campaigns.

Level 25
I think that there might be only a few developers left on the project because they know that they cannot really make any money from the game anymore even with patches.

The few developers left are trying to add the player profiles/ranked system and maybe clans to focus on the strategy part of the game which might be what most players are still interested in.
If they push the game as strategy game/for competetive games it might get at least some players back?

The other stuff like custom campaigns, better performance of the main menu etc. might be added later/has a lower priority or comes with the next patch like the singleplayer did.
If there is only 1 or 2 developers left on the game, it makes sense that it takes so long (testing etc. etc.). Look at this article: Warcraft III: Reforged Developer Update – Ranked Play
They add some UIs for all the ranked stuff. Clans are added again as well?

Maybe they should think about something how they could still earn money with the game and then they would add more developers like ingame skins/content?

edit:
Now I've been looking at W3Champions and maybe Blizzard realises that their own patch is useless now :D Maybe hostbots will come back as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.