• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3 - Project RPG (like Rexxar Campaign, but Human)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've been working a bit on this map that is actually a huge project and I don't know if I want to finish it.
The idea was to remake the Human campaign from an RTS into an RPG that is similar to the Rexxar Campaign in that you control a hero and very few units.
The map would have a talent system with trainers, 4 classes to choose from, a town managing system (no gold mines though, you only get gold from killing creeps and doing quests) and a lot more to come.
The map will be a 480x480 that will probably make full use of it.
The Defense of Strahnbrad is already almost complete (the part of the map), the terrain for Chapter 2 is done and there's also a mission 0 that consists of a tutorial that explains talents and the other stuff, all made to adjust to immersion and to be close to the original warcraft 3 campaign while delivering bonus lore friendly quests, mobs, items, etc.

Now, I don't know if want to continue it since it is a big project and it took a lot to even make the first part of many.

What do you think?
If I were to continue it I don't think I can do it alone and would be awesome if anyone wanted to help in any way.

Here are some screenshots:
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Level 23
Hell yes, I'd thought about doing this sort of thing a few times -- because you're cleaving to the original story you get fully voice cinematics and all that good stuff out of the box, but on the other hand, you have to rebuild a shittonne of cinematics and then rework a load of scenarios to function as RPGs. I never thought about going much beyond the Rexxar style, though; trainers and towns and whatnot sound like you're adding extra stuff to your plate that'll slow things down.

Anyway, I don't want to help but the concept is amazeballs and you should totally do it!

Hell yes, I'd thought about doing this sort of thing a few times -- because you're cleaving to the original story you get fully voice cinematics and all that good stuff out of the box, but on the other hand, you have to rebuild a shittonne of cinematics and then rework a load of scenarios to function as RPGs. I never thought about going much beyond the Rexxar style, though; trainers and towns and whatnot sound like you're adding extra stuff to your plate that'll slow things down.

Anyway, I don't want to help but the concept is amazeballs and you should totally do it!

hey your maps are awesome btw ;3

Status
Not open for further replies.