• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Warcraft 3 level up system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello everybody!
I have just started using the Galaxy Editor not too long ago and I have a question/s to ask. Is there anyway to make a unit level up? (By level up, I mean to make it like have a higher attack, higher defense, acquire a new skill) I'm sure many of you have noticed, units have different ranks, depending on how much they kill. For example, when a Terran unit gets 15 kills (can't remember) it is labelled as a Commander. So I guess what I'm trying to say is , is there a way to make a unit level up as it progresses through the ranks?

Also, for the sake of not creating new threads, I shall post my other queries here:
1) Is there a way to export a SINGLE unit out of a map and import it into another map? Because I have created a "hero" unit that it is in one map and I would like to transfer it to a different map without the hassle of recreating it in the data editor.

2) I have a glitch with the burrow ability for Zerg Hero units. When I spawn an Omegalisk , its perfectly normal, but when I burrow it, the cost to do it is the exact same cost as it is to spawn the Omegalisk. Has anybody encountered similar problems?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
2) I have a glitch with the burrow ability for Zerg Hero units. When I spawn an Omegalisk , its perfectly normal, but when I burrow it, the cost to do it is the exact same cost as it is to spawn the Omegalisk. Has anybody encountered similar problems?

No bug present, you just have it set to cost...
The burrow ability re evaluates the unit cost and subtracts the current unit cost from it. Thus if the starting form is free (like your omegalisk might be) but the burrowed unit is not, then you will have to pay the resource difference inorder for it to burry. Additionally when unburrying the unit, you will gain the resources back as it loses value. The opposite might be present (not understanding you properly) whereby it gives you resources to burrow yet takes them back to unborrow.

If this is present on the omegalisk, then that is probably cause it is nothing more than a butch ultralisk. Blizzard probably forgot to change the cost of the burried omegalisk to be the same as the non burried form and as such this anomily occurs. Not really a bug as the omegalisks were there for show in the final protoss mission so had no use of the burry ability.

A simple ctrl+C and ctrl+V of the cost fields from the omegalisk into the cost fields of the burried omegalisk will fix this.

Status
Not open for further replies.