• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

War3-NEC5:Brothers In Blood

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Hello all, this is first off a revised/updated version of the 5th mission/chapter in the orignal night elf campaign. Titled Brothers in Blood this mission details the awaking of the Druids of the Claw and the freeing of Illidan.

It always bothered me, esppicaly lately how the freeing of Illidan was handedled in the map. It was easy, super easy first off and a bit out of place with the owlbear like watchers. So this map is a re-invision of that part of the map. I'm releasing it now for your feedback and any bugs you may find as i'm not totaly ready to stamp done on this.

Changes here are considerable, first off this only deals with the Illidan freeing part of the mission the beging portion and the awaking of the druid of the claw are skipped. No blizzard triggers have been removed, just reworking or turned off and skipped with new triggers added. The map is totaly open source of course but I did edit it with WEU so opening it in normal worldedit probley wont work.

It took a lot longer to do this and do it right and i know it still isnt 100% done, many things still need to be addressed. Balance and some minor bug squashing are definlty there. Also some spelling and grammer errors are prevelent with the new dialog. All the orignal dialog is there and the only imported unit is Ket's exceelelnt blademaster night elf model witch can be found here on hiveworkshop. Total credit has been given and only modifcation to his model is the removing of the hero glow.

I really am looking for your feedback here and any problems so i can fix them. Some jass was used for specifc triggers/functions overall i'd agin like ot get your opnion as i'm thinking of tweaking/revising more of the orginal war3 campaign to have it well imho make more sneese and fit.

Thats it, let me know what you all think if i have any updates i'll be sure to post them. Happy war3ing!

(Full Credits List)
Blizzard - Orignial map author and most triggers
Ket - Nightelf Blademaster Hero Model

(Know Bug List)
---Killing Maiev during the final battle will result in the mission unable to complete. Though killing her should be virtualy impossible, cheat codes and others can still make her die. Triggers will be added latter to correct this issue.

(To-Do List)
---Finsh squashing little bugs/tweaks.

---Fix timing with new cinimatics and add more 'movement' by the heros.

---Correct any and all spelling/grammer errors.

---Finsh balancing to ensure it can be completed on easy and hard campaign modes.

Keywords:
Night Elf, Brothers, Illidan, Tyrande, Maiev, Furion, Escape
Contents

War3-NEC5:Brothers In Blood (Map)

Reviews
10:21, 23rd May 2009 by bounty hunter2: Category abuse, no originality, Rejected.

M

10:21, 23rd May 2009 by bounty hunter2:
Category abuse, no originality, Rejected.