• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

War2 2nd generation updating exe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi, don't know if this is the right forum but seems the most appropriate. I'm new to war3 modding, and recently stumbled on a topic on war3 campaigns about a mod called Warcraft 2 2nd generation that was started years ago but never released. Since during these years I've seen that new WC2 models were released, would be good to update that exe. The original author (if I'm not mistaken is called Strategy Master) gave permission to edit it. So the question is how do I update the exe file with newer models? I've imported into the mpq the new models but don't know how to edit the model paths since is different from a map or a campaign file.

Level 2
I know, I have the exe, I want to modify and update it, but don't know how to do it, since all the files are in the exe. I want to know how to make the changes effective, for example: I want to add the grunt of the Scars of Conflict pack in the exe. I import the model and the textures...and then? The files are inside the exe. I know how to edit all that stuff in the campaign and maps, but not in the exe.

You are probably looking for resource hacker (google it).

Strategy_Master really should've included them in an MPQ instead of putting them in the exe. Maybe you can be the one to do that. ;) Although, you'll also have to edit the exe source then.

For now, see if resource hacker works for you.

EDIT: Moved. This is more appropriate in Warcraft Editing Tools. Project recruitment is just for recruiting members to work on something. You may want a separate thread for that.

Well I was the Art Director of the project, I already recieved your pm, but I'm sorry to say that many of the old unfinished resources have been lost. However, now a days many people have released new wc2 resources, there are very few models lacking to the collection, most are actualy done. Engine wise the mod was pretty much finished, the only thing lacking was Navy AI which was the biggest problem since wc3's AI scripts were designed to not distinguish armies during attacks. I actualy made some code for building the game's path into memory, the idea was to turn that into a graph and using dijkstra, find the easiest landing point. based on certain conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.