• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft thinks i'm missing my war3.exe file.... and something about a trojan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Every time i try to test a level in warcraft 3's campaign editor, i get a pop up saying that it couldn't find the war3.exe file, then my virus protection program tells me i have a trojan. every time.

now, when i try to Play the game, it tells me i am missing my disk, i use a digital download.... whats wrong?

now, i took a look in my files, and i see my war3.exe file right there...

so, basically, i think my anti virus thinks warcraft is a trojan? and is blocking it or something?

Level 27
Yes. Copy all maps into a new folder somewher now in warcraft 3 files, then uninstal it.

Just... have you tryed to "heal" or remove the trojan? and what location of malware does anti-virus report? There might be a possibliy that it thinks your Warcraft 3 or editor is virus. Or you use some JASS or some other software for Warcraft 3, and it's behavior of how it injects inside edtior might be detected as malware.

Just reinstall the game and tell if something changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.