• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

War of the Alpha Nerd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Map Name: War of the Alpha Nerd (WotAN)

Creator: DairyQueen

Current Stage: Beta

Gameplay: As the title hints at, this is a DotA-style map. Choose a hero, creeps spawn at both bases with towers along their path, and just destroy the enemy's HQ thing. What makes this map different is that the heroes are none other than my friends and I.

Features: At school, being fairly obvious nerds/geeks and whatnot, we often talk and act as if we each have our own powers, developed over the years to suit our personalities and strange things we've done or still do. Force powers, omnipresence, manipulation of time, they are wide and varied.
One of my friends thought it would be cool to make a map about us and our 'powers'. So I did.
I don't really know if other people will like it, or even understand some of the things, but I thought I'd try it anyway.
As is expected, custom abilities for all heroes, different items, although I've only got one recipe so far. Different tileset, different models for all spawning units and buildings, and different names for stuff. Just to show I'm not lazy:grin:
For me and my friends, this map was just pure fun. I hope it's fun for you too.
See if you can guess who I am.

Credits are in 'Quests', as well as some things I know I need to work on in the map.

Edit: I forgot to add credits for the recipe system. Thanks to Diablo-dk and his awesomeness!

Attachments

• WotAN Winter.w3x
    2.1 MB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.