• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

War In Georgia

• Angry
Reactions: Septimus
A map about the war in Georgia.

It's a 6vs6 map, but you can also play it 5vs5, 4vs4, 3vs3, and 2vs2.
The less people are in the game, the less fun it is (my opinion).

Team 1 is Russia (first four players) and South Ossetia (fifth and sixth player).
Team 2 is Georgia (first two players) and the NATO/USA (last four players)

The map is pretty simple, just read the text at the beginning of the map

I kinda tried to make it realistic, that's why the models are so small and slow. But it's not super realistic, which means that you can, for example, kill a tank with normal infantry (if you just have enough).

There are some bugs I couldn't fix yet, because I have no idea what is wrong:
-The selection radius of the A 10 Thunderbolt is huge, it's pretty annoying if you just want to select some tanks and get them aswell.

-Also you can just see a black picture where you usually see the unit's face. Usually you can click on it, and the screen jumps to that unit, but somehow it doesn't work in my map.

Hope you'll give feedback and maybe even solutions for bugs.

Thanks to illidan and kofi_banan for the models (Credits are also in the quests),
James7 for helping me with some model problems, and everyone who gives me feedback about this map.

*Updated*
Added new things, changed terrain, fixed bugs.

Keywords:
war georgia south ossetia russia nato usa modern warfare
Contents

War In Georgia (Map)

Reviews
16:22, 7th Nov 2008 VGsatomi: Approved. Standard risk style map that doesn't have quite as many features as most others, but that can be seen as a plus since its not as complicated and therefor has a smoother learning curve. Great use of imported...

M

16:22, 7th Nov 2008
VGsatomi: Approved. Standard risk style map that doesn't have quite as many features as most others, but that can be seen as a plus since its not as complicated and therefor has a smoother learning curve. Great use of imported models. the terrain was very bland and looked hastefully done. With a little additional polishing this can be a solid map. File size is very good considering how many models were used.

Level 27
I love your map becauce you show real facts and dont make fake story that all of this is Russian fault like American press and Georgian president say. All mapmakers must be like you. 5/5

And you should do few improvements:

Make more huge mountains. And mortars, they are very usefull in mountainy area.
Change terrain to ashenvale and add forests and rivers.
Rusia can move in theater of war only using tunel, becauce of mountains.
Nato must come from sea, not have a base there.
Georgia's victory conditions must be to destroy South Osetia and abchazija.
South Osetia's and Russia's Main mision is to destroy HQ of Georgia.
Add more unit types.

Last edited:
Level 3
I like the map idea and speed you responded to the political situation. ;-)

Anyway, Warcraft 3 is not designed to control so massive armies as in this game can be created. You can do little to improve the gameplay here because the biggest problem here is that you can select only 12 units at the same time in Warcraft 3.