• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

War in Azeroth v4.82

Reactions: Azshandris and Rui
War in Azeroth v4.82 is here! This version has FINALLY fixed the arthas now spawning bug, I went over checking it myself and it definitley works lol! undead necromancers now have a 15% chance to summon a permanent zombie when they use raise dead, lots of random bug fixes too.
Oh yeah and I *think* I got rid of the bug that caused in game messages to not appear! *cross fingers*
Keep any balance suggestions coming guys! :)

War in Azeroth is a take on Warcraft 3 history, starting at the beginning of RoC and allowing players to define history the way they want, whether that is following blizzards storyline or making their own, the choice is theirs!

Enjoy!

Keywords:
antforest, Azeroth Wars Strategy, War in Azeroth
Contents

War in Azeroth v4.82 (Map)

Reviews
19:24, 16th Jun 2008 Rui: Approved! The in-game needs to be improved, but overall, great. Map re-categorized.

M

19:24, 16th Jun 2008
Rui: Approved! The in-game needs to be improved, but overall, great.
Map re-categorized.

Level 3
Hmm, I played as Scourge on 4.4, since Scourge always was my favorite- and, I was shocked after I did my normal Single Player strategy to get Arthas, I normally destroy the town next to Scholomance, Make sure I have 12 Abominations, and 12 Ghouls, and 3 groups of Zombies, then I make 4 Meat Wagons, plus the two in Scholomance is 6, then I make the meat wagons attack the Cannon Towers, then destroy the Capital. After I did all this- I didn't get Arthas. Why, infact did you change this? (Arthas wasn't dead, by the way)

Level 8
I've played this alot; its friggen' fun.
My favorite is dwarves, but i think the flame tanks (dark iron) need balencing; maybe increase size and cost; and a limit, too (30-40). Also, if Muradin dies, we should get his brother. (forgot his name). Or, get a ranged hero (like the Elite Sniper model on this site) for the Dark Iron. Dark Iron dragon also needs rebalencing, or taken out completly.
And the gnomes are not useful enough. They get killed by everything easy.
THe naga need to be rebalenced. In the begining, especially if orange rushes to Azeroth, the naga are easily killed. Late game, and the Naga are unstoppable.

Other than that, I LOVE this map! One of the best i've played, if not THE best!

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Definitely approved!

[+]The map appears to be functional
[+]It is one of those addictive maps.
[?]Some "=P"s and stuff. Although not exactly what you should put in a game, it might make the map look friendly.
[+/-]The game contains an attractive minimap image. However, it seems to be bugged somewhat, at least displayed here.
[-]Starting dialogues play too fast. Intro needs improvements.
[-]Units contain tooltip errors. The techtrees also seem to have been quickly done. Quel'Thalas can train the Blood Elven Lieutenants right away :\
[-]Poorly done terrain, both in elevation and ground texture variation. The concept itself does not exactly fit.

My rating for this map is 3/5 (Useful). It looks attractive but the in-game turns out to need an improvement.

Level 4
Great map, 5/5! I played with every single race and I have to say that the Burning Legion is too strong. I defeated C'thun with them. I don't think that the dwarfs even pose a threat to them early in the game. Also, I wanted to ask, if you want to get Arthas do you need to destroy the Loarderon survivors too or is it a bug, cuz' i didn't get him and he was alive?

Level 3
Hi mate! Arthas was bugged in version 4.6, he is fixed in 4.7 :) the dwarves are not meant to be able to stop the burning legion by themselves, I wanted stormwind and the dwarves to have to work together to beat them (and trust me if they work together they are more than able XD)

And any race is able to take C'thun :) Just a lot of time and effort involved lol, glad you enjoyed man! Have fun :)

Level 10
I like this map. It was pretty good. I give it a 4/5 due to some balance issues , pretty plain terrain, and typos. But i have a question, i never see your map hosted and it has 1700 dls and a great rating? My map, the plague has 1200 and a great rating and it is never hosted? Whats up with that, i cant host myself so maybe i need to find out how to promote my map on the bnet. I just wanted to know why great maps like ours are never hosted.

Level 1
I love this map but i found a few bugs.

1. I played as most races and i found that when i killed the Lich King with Anastarian and a few of the high elf units that it crashed the game.
2. Also one of the mobs in the starting lordaeron unit near arthas crashes the game when killed, hapened to me when i killed it with dwarves and scourge. (Its not Arthas because i killed him with Dalaran:thumbs_up:)
3. A few of the gates around the world, I.E. the first quel'thas gate, lordaeron gate, stormwind gate, respawn immediatly when killed, therefore you cant get through. I could kill the Quel'thas gate fine with the elves though. Im not sure if you meant to do this but it really pissed me off so if you did id suggest taking it out.
4. The waygate to get the goblins doesnt work. I've tried to use it with many of the races and cant ever get it to work.

Overall this is a great map probably the best ive ever played and my favortite race is probably dalaran, they own late game, and i like the diversity of their units.

Level 2
This is the single, best map I have ever played. I solo played the Burning Legion awhile, then when I moved onto online. I managed to destroy Ironforge and Stormwind in about 20 mins, and got the Dark Iron and Defias to join me. I corrupted Thrall, helped the undead destroy Lordaeron, made the Blood Elves, and destroyed the World Tree, giving me the corrupted Night Elves. Also, the Blood Elves joined me and got control of demon Illidan, and then the naga joined me. Of course, I ended up winning. 5/5

Level 2
Its the best map i ever played, but here is a problem i saw when i play, Naga does'nt has income building, while thats wat i see when i ply naga. Dude, tats hard to ply on naga, my income jus keep adding 300+ 300+ when i build like dozens of coral beds lol!