• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wanted: Naj'entus Himself (for BT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Hey there! Sorry for posting again, but I am currently on the edge of completion of mine's and TeogopbI4 Black Temple raid map. However, I am one that requires full realism in the map, and have to show complete respect to the boss fight itself for me to release it. So, for that, I require Naj'entus himself, for I think it would be better then a Royal Guard. which is a key part to his boss fight, and I will not continue without it. Here are a few pictures of what he looks like.

http://conosinsemilia.com/wp-content...d_najentus.jpg

http://www.todowow.com/gallery/najentus/0001.jpg

Notice the main things: The giant spine (Which I had completely forgotten that there was a hermit grab in WC3, who's shell is just like Naj'entus's spine) with the over-sized claw for a right hand. The red skin, and the shoulderpad armor. The face mask may also be a good. Naj'entus has a yellow sail on his back with red bone intervals between the pieces of Sail that I am unable to get a picture of. So only attempt to add the sail if you have time, but I dont want to throw you into battle there without knowledge of your enemy. Other details may be left out at the modelers will, such as the tail bandages and the tentacle braids

People like to feel that their work is put to use. Its a horrible feeling when you do heavy amounts of work for somthing, then the mapmaker decided that he no longer "wanted to do the map" and the reason you did that work is just thrown away. Some people post screenshots to help their chances of getting their needed material done. However, I believe that screenshots themselves have disadvantages. So, I think that the best way to convince people that there work will actually be used, is to post a Replay of what the map looks like. The replay attached to this is 20 minutes long, with me playing the class Mage, with the spec Ice, and using the "Whosyourdaddy" cheat. I will navigate you through the BT map, talking to you as well, on certain aspects of the map.

Now, you may think that this will just spoil the map. However, I believe this is just a map Preview. For the fact that you have no idea how the boss fights work or how to beat them, you dont know the secrets of this map, you dont know about any of the traps in here, and you have no Idea about any of the things that I may just add because you saw this.

Now let me talk to your more about the Naj'entus. There are few animations that are required for the Naj'entus fight itself.
A channel animation- At certain parts of the fight, Naj'entus channels a shield that heal and makes him invulnerable. This is the critical moment in the fight, so a channel animation is required. During this animation his claw should be raised above his head,but low enough so his arm is out and is a slightly widened "L"
A spell animation- Besides the shields and basic melee, he casts various amounts of spines. For this I need a spell animation. This is a slight arm thrust similar to Ragnaros the Fire Lord. If you havent seen Ragnaros, here is a link to one of the best fan-made video's ever. YouTube - World of Warcraft Ragnaros
Attack animation- He attacks with his claw.
Run/walk- He moves like any naga.
Death- He dies like any naga

Credit: Its not really kind for somone to take a model, and not give credit to the person who made it (in fact, thats just wrong). So of course I will give you +rep and credits in the quest section (I would give you credits in the Loading screen as well, but as you can see, its kinda full). However, I am not one to limit it to that. I like doing things in other creative ways as well. So, pay attention when you get to Teron Gorefiend, one of the few things that has a custom model. Look in his inventory. You will find a gem called "The Gem of Necrokenis".
The description of the gem: It seems this gem gives superhuman strength, increased reflexes, and makes you smarter. Perhaps this Necrokenis fellow had somthing to do with reviving Teron Gorefiend...

Necrokenis is the one who made that fantastic Teron Gorefiend model. That was how I gave him credit for that model.

Naj'entus will drop an item that is critical to the boss fight "Naj'entus's magical Seashield"
This is where you will recieve credit for this model.

Time: Time is not an issue. I would never trade Detail for speed. I am also very aware that this will take some time. I've got my own things to polish up on the BT map (Like Gorefiends room) So, I have plenty of time. So, take your time ^_^

~Asomath
"World Editor Trainee"

P.S. I was going to draw a good/bad diagram like I did for his spine, but then I realized I couldnt draw a naga even if I had to draw him so he could come to life and battle an Evil naga. Havent figured out why I cant put the Replay file on two diffrent posts, but heres the link to my post that has the replay. http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f341/najentus-spine-chaos-bt-91228/

Last edited:
Level 14
Heh, definatly not the WoW export. Too much size. I wont say it wouldnt fit in because that would be HIM like the boss, but I do not want a WoW export. I want a model that looks like him that I can use for his boss fight in BT. Im not too sure about modeling itself, but this shouldnt be a model you have to start from scratch right? You could base it off a naga model I hope.

~Asomath
"World Editor Trainee"

Level 14
I apologize for posting only 11 hours after this post was made, however I am going on Vacation soon and I wont have internet acess. So, I wanted to know if I am asking for somthing difficult or impossible here? If I am asking for somthing that will not be do-able then I will go on overspeed and attempt to complete this Map before I go on vacation. If, in fact, that I am asking for somthing that will be possible, then I will wait till after my vacation and give plenty of time for this model to be done. So, is it somthing that is possible, or is it somthing completely difficult and is not worth the time? If the moderator feels that this is a -rep penalty, I will respect the decision. Im just glad that this Question is out now, and I can plan accordingly. I will not post here again untill several days or I get a reply. Thankyou for your time.

~Asomath

Level 25
You're asking for a Naga male with the weapon removed, a Hermit Crab geomerged to one arm, with the legs becoming the spines, and the fins on the back removed. Plus a helmet made from another hermit crab

And then just get a skinner to reskin him red

Now, the problem is in the animations. Animators are rarer than modellers, and I don't remember the Naga model having a nice bone structure at all

Level 14
You pretty much have it there. Except for the fact that this model should in fact have a sail for its boss-like appearance http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l347/Asomath/Najentus.jpg

Really, if this model does in fact get attempted by you or another modeler, I wouldnt mind having him standing there paused when he is channeling his shield. So if the naga's bone structure does not allow an arm raised for channel, or an arm thrust that is fine. However, do you think the animation for him attacking with his right arm, rather then a wielded weapon would be permited by the bone structure?

~Asomath

Level 14
Hmmm, well im looking at these animations and yes, I think it would fit him fine. (I think I sort of sound like an idiot now, but ok)

So, were you thinking about attempting this sometime in the future? Or were you just restating what I was asking for in modeling terms? :p

~Asomath

Level 14
ok 72 hour bump time. I know this is somthing that is more difficult then my enchanted weapons, however I would gladly accept any work by a person who decided to take their hand with this. I just cant stand an oversized Royal Guard as a boss. Just looks so... ordinary. Thanks again for your time ^_^

~Asomath

Level 14
Hmm ok, take your time. Exams>WC3 modding. Besides, I have time for this model, for I have yet to release the T4 maps (Kara, Gruuls, and Magtheridons), they are complete, but we are waiting. We also have to go through T5 (SSC, and TK) we are only 50% TK and 1% SSC. Then is T6 ( Hyjal and BT) Hyjal is at 0% and BT is at 96%. Thanks for the thought Mecheon

~Asomath

Status
Not open for further replies.