• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Naj'entus Spine of Chaos for BT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Hey there! I am currently on the edge of completion of mine's and TeogopbI4 Black Temple raid map. However, I am one that requires full realism in the map, and have to show complete respect to the boss fight itself for me to release it. So, for that, I require Naj'entus's spine, which is a key part to his boss fight, and I will not continue without it. Here are a few pictures of what it looks like.

http://conosinsemilia.com/wp-content/gallery/cabeceras/200px-high_warlord_najentus.jpg

http://www.todowow.com/gallery/najentus/0001.jpg

The spine itself is the white thing that covers his right arm (Note, the spine does not include the claw) I need the spine as its own seperate model (not attached to his right hand).

People like to feel that their work is put to use. Its a horrible feeling when you do heavy amounts of work for somthing, then the mapmaker decided that he no longer "wanted to do the map" and the reason you did that work is just thrown away. Some people post screenshots to help their chances of getting their needed material done. However, I believe that screenshots themselves have disadvantages. So, I think that the best way to convince people that there work will actually be used, is to post a Replay of what the map looks like. The replay attached to this is 20 minutes long, with me playing the class Mage, with the spec Ice, and using the "Whosyourdaddy" cheat. I will navigate you through the BT map, talking to you as well, on certain aspects of the map.

Now, you may think that this will just spoil the map. However, I believe this is just a map Preview. For the fact that you have no idea how the boss fights work or how to beat them, you dont know the secrets of this map, you dont know about any of the traps in here, and you have no Idea about any of the things that I may just add because you saw this.

Now let me talk to your more about the spine. There are no animations requried for this, since most of the time its going to be lodged in someone chest. However, if you have time, a spining animation might be a nice touch.

Credit: Its not really kind for somone to take a model, and not give credit to the person who made it (in fact, thats just wrong). So of course I will give you +rep and credits in the quest section (I would give you credits in the Loading screen as well, but as you can see, its kinda full). However, I am not one to limit it to that. I like doing things in other creative ways as well. So, pay attention when you get to Teron Gorefiend, one of the few things that has a custom model. Look in his inventory. You will find a gem called "The Gem of Necrokenis".
The description of the gem: It seems this gem gives superhuman strength, increased reflexes, and makes you smarter. Perhaps this Necrokenis fellow had somthing to do with reviving Teron Gorefiend...

Necrokenis is the one who made that fantastic Teron Gorefiend model. So the one who makes this will get there credits given to them with the item "Naj'entus Spine of Chaos"(Which is the thread title).

Time: Time is not an issue. I would never trade Detail for speed. Ever. Compare the 2 panels in this picture. Panel A represents one who completed this project in 35 minutes. Panel B represents one who thought that to do it properly it will take 2 days.
http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l347/Asomath/NajentusSpinez.jpg

Although the person in Panel A did it in less time, Panel B is more suited for me so I will wait for his to use. (However, I was kind of hoping to have it done in 2 weeks, if that is a problem, I will extend)

Some may wonder why I did such a long post for a non-animated model. Perhaps it was because I believed it would increase my chances of getting it done? I really dont know why I make such extensive posts :p So dont ask me ^_^

~Asomath

"World Editor Trainee"

Attachments

• BT Replay.w3g
    97.6 KB · Views: 121
Status
Not open for further replies.