1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Want a Skin Made?

Discussion in 'Requests' started by Jaijaibinx, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Jaijaibinx

Jaijaibinx

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    --Requests Update--

The following is the progress I have made with requests if yours is not up please be patient.

Rysis: I have now completed, hair and boots. Do you want weapons removed, and hair shortened? (should be posted within a few hours).

Texture File:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 30, 2008
  2. ShiroiSenji

ShiroiSenji

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, i was thinking to ask someone to model me head the other body just counts for now =)
    Yeah remove weapons if you can =)

EDIT: I can't get it owrking what is path?

Last edited: Aug 30, 2008
  3. Titanhex

Titanhex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Careful, Discipline. You're heading into a storm cloud typically called a flame war. Instead of making up excuses for what you did, learn to simply apologize and be accountable for your actions.

Discipline, I shouldn't have came at you with the sharp wit I used and cut you down like that. Rather, I should have offered you the same courtesy that I gave naija. For that I'm sorry.

None-the-less, it's rather ironic that you used a big detailed post to defend yourself when that effort would have been better spent explaining to naija why what he was doing wouldn't work, and that he was requesting unnecessary effort out of people. In fact, while trying to defend yourself in your post you explained why what he was doing wasn't going to work.

An additional note: When you send a message in a public post instead of a private post, it's also directed to the entire community as that is your audience, and you are well aware that they will read it. It's simply the laws of written communication.

I should also offer an apology to Jaijai, as this is his thread and I am perpetuating a flame war inside it. My apologies jaijai.

By offering naija a detailed explanation of why what he's doing won't work, you are speeding up his progress as a map maker, and getting him to where he needs to be faster. Offer him your advice should he need more, but only give him that advice upon request when you want to and have the time, to prevent burn out. That's the best way to go about helping people who are young and clueless to what they're doing.

I know this will end when both parties can admit they're wrong and move on. I've admitted I was wrong on two counts, and am stepping down. If you make a move to continue this discussion without an apology or attempt to defend yourself against me, I will move it to PMs for the courtesy of all those who read this thread and show you that I'm not nearly as nice as I seem.
    ---

On a more productive and on topic note, the path you're looking for for the Demon Hunter skin itself is "Textures\HeroDemonHunter.blp" When you create the model you want for this, or when it is created, you'll want to change the texture path simply to the name of the .blp Jaijai has provided for you.

My suggestion is go back to the post I provided for jaijai about renaming the model's skin path and viewing it, and try it yourself to see your skin in action.

For your benefit though I'll give you a screenshot of your skin magos.
    [​IMG]
    As you can see the wrap on DH is retarded. The front is copied to the back. Anyone will tell you that the DH is a pain in the ass to deal with when skinning. However if you know much about modeling you can probably find a way around that.

How is my skin going? I'm actually curious as to what is the most difficult request you've recieved.

Attached Files:

4. ShiroiSenji

ShiroiSenji

Resources:
    Resources:
    Why its not fully covered with the cloak :p?
    And the hair looks more brown than orange :p
    And post what you made....
    Could i have it on 10 words =P

5. Jaijaibinx

Jaijaibinx

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    sorry i could not remove the extra long ears and also the cloak cannot go the whole way arround unless i have it fully black with no buttons or an exposed part. Also I did not know what colour hair you wanted

NOTE: Ahhhhh I have only just seen the pics sorry, ill try again now with better results i hope.

NOTE: Thanks disapline for the comment i am pretty impressed myself with that marine Skin, and i enjoyed making that one. I hope u like it icecreempirate.

6. Titanhex

Titanhex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah, you gotta be careful with those Demon Hunter skins. As you can see if you load Magos and open the Demon Hunter skin, then put it in stand channel, the front part is the back part as well. So what you put on his chest and abs will be on his back. This can make skinning the demon harder, and you should work with your skinner (Jaijai) on working around this.

Also, if you want the ears removed you'll have to do that through modeling. If you Alpha out the ears you'll have holes in his head. Same goes for a lot of the texture. If you have a good model maker, you can warn him you'll want a UV path set, then ask Jaijai to make the skin 512x256 (This will increase the file size though) and have the modified back and any extra skin pieces you want added in the new 256x256 space. All Jaijai would have to do is copy the front to the 256x256 place and modify it.

And yeah, that warpig suit is pretty badass. GJ on that. If it's within the HIveworkshop submitting standards and icecreampirate gives you the okay, you should post it in the skins section.

7. Sabelion

Sabelion

Resources:
    Resources:
    Coud you make a lightning hero based on the lich model? With lightning instead of frost? I whoud be very thankfull and give credits in my coming map. Plz

8. Ghost765

Ghost765

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    omg... hello? skinning?

9. Kirbydude

Kirbydude

Resources:
    Resources:
    Read my thread you can skin them off bandits for set 1 and zombies for set 2

10. Jaijaibinx

Jaijaibinx

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Sorry all my skinning has been put on hold due to personal family issues, i would appreciate it if there is no unnecessary posting here however feel free to leave requests and i should get back to them within a week or two. Sorry for any inconvenience caused, however will be uploading 3 request replies in the next 3 days (whenever my new computer arrives xD).

Updates: Madcd heres that thing u wanted sorry it took so long...
    Updates: Another Attempt at the demonhunter.
    Updates: This is My feeble quick attempt at that draconic Berserker not finished yet but i cant preview in warcraft so can som1 plz tell me what it looks like and titan plz tell me if u like it at all so far.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 2, 2008
  11. Titanhex

Titanhex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    So far I think it'll work. It's a tough request to change the skin of something to look like something else. You seem to have the general criss cross of scales idea in some form.

I'll handle the loincloth, sash, arm and leg bracers as far as texturing goes. What I need now is the rest of the skin filled in, the nose to look something like a dragon's beak, and flames or something in the hair instead of gold embroidery. As well any other touch ups you need to do, go ahead with.

Attached Files:

12. ShiroiSenji

ShiroiSenji

Resources:
    Resources:
    Is it possible to get Picture of it since my comp is atm broken :((((

13. Titanhex

Titanhex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The alpha on the weapons failed for the DH. They're now white weapons. Also, the shirt looks very flat and monochrome. Perhaps add some texture variations. The eyes scooted to the side of his head instead of in the center. He has rabbit like yes now.
    Also the wrap between his head hair and his pony tail is flesh colored. You may want to start over from scratch on that DH skin.

14. Jaijaibinx

Jaijaibinx

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    flippin heck i forgot the feet! darn and i am redoing the demon hunter skin with a different aproach to the eyes, very hard because there are technicaly no eyes currently on the demon hunter just a cloth. Also i have removed the weapon on a model edit so the alpha wasnt realy perfected xD

15. Fnorkus

Fnorkus

Resources:
    Resources:
    How's it going with the Undead Gnoll? In a previous post you said it was almost done.

16. Rhodesy

Rhodesy

Resources:
    Resources:
    erm can you make me a rusted battle golem skin with a few vines climbing up it and stone golem with lots of vines climbing up it but not o man that you cants see the stone thank credits in map if you do

17. SmartGoodBrother

SmartGoodBrother

Resources:
    Resources:
    Can i get a skin changing Archimondes skin into any Obelisk The Tormentor

18. ShiroiSenji

ShiroiSenji

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmm hope the DH is going to be nice ^_^

19. Fnorkus

Fnorkus

Resources:
    Resources:
    This thread is standing still... I need my gnoll!

20. Jaijaibinx

Jaijaibinx

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Sorry That no requests have been done recently. It is due to the fact I am currently moving and unable to create stuff, also because of my numerous maps that are due to soon be released I am not sure when I will be able to get onto these requests however I am going to make a few attempts at that gnoll before I move sorry for inconvenience caused. If there is another texture editor that would like to continue my work please do as i would like to keep this thread alive.