• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Walking while attacking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
I was wondering if it is possible that, in Warcraft, you could make units attack while they are walking, similar to games like Dawn of War. I want this to be specifically used with ranged units, but still. Any ideas?

Level 12
With a trigger.
Every few seconds create a dummy unit, add some spell that launches a projectile with the same model as the projectile of the hero.
Order it to cast it on some unit.
Play hero's attack animation.

Level 12
No.
Thread name is wrong.
If you had read ... hm ... the first post you'd know.

Level 12
I)eadnerzhul said:
I was wondering if it is possible that, in Warcraft, you could make units attack while they are walking
Should I underline the important words in there?

Level 12
Do you really think that :D
He means:
You order a unit to move somewhere.
While moving the unit should be able to attack, without stopping.

Because the engine in Warcraft III cancels any other orders when issued a move command, the unit cannot attack when it is moving. The only way I could think of making the unit actually attack AND DAMAGE another unit while walking would be to make some sort of autocasting spell. but im pretty sure u couldnt make the unit look like its shooting. It would just be like bullets coming out of the unit.
BAsically... Its not gonna happen. =]

Status
Not open for further replies.