• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Waiting for host... wtf!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
Sometimes, people say i lag.

And my screen says 'Waiting for host...' i've encountered that some while ago but then never before and now it has come back! What does it mean? Is the host to slow or is it me? (Although its quite impossible its me because i have process explorer and there were no programs running that could interfere)

Level 9
Playing with a wireless connection sucks. But if you've got any program like bittorrent, limewire running in the background it might slow down the connection to make you lagg.

Level 6
i took the test, my download speed is 1228 kbps, my upload speed is 217 kbps, is that good?

No. That's terrible. But their servers don't seem to respond well. I've tried other speed test sites and normally I clock out at about 55kk dl and 9k upload at 50 miles away and yet I can do another test 15 miles away and get 5k dl and .9k ul. So their servers have a lot to do with the test results.

Level 2
No. That's terrible. But their servers don't seem to respond well. I've tried other speed test sites and normally I clock out at about 55kk dl and 9k upload at 50 miles away and yet I can do another test 15 miles away and get 5k dl and .9k ul. So their servers have a lot to do with the test results.
oh, well i live in minnesota and i used the Chicago, IL server, maybye thats the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.