• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

W3Colorpicker v3.06b (W3-integrated tooltip editor

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Homepage: www.christopherhauck.de

OS: The program at least works on Win XP, Win Vista and Windows 7, but should also run on other Windows versions.
Still works with the Reforged editor.

Description:
This program is a colorpicker, gradient creator, resolution changer and tooltip creator in one.
It also can save colors and is "minimizeable" (see screenshots on my HP) which makes it very useful when working with W3 or graphic programs.
(The program is displayed as small sidebar then)

Features:
- Language can be set to English and German
- RBG- Hexadecimal- and HTML-values
- Pick colors from a scheme or directly from your screen
- Tray icon instead of taskbar entry
- Minimizeable --> can be used in combination with other graphic programs like photoshop to remember colors
- You can easily save your favorite colors to use them throughout your map or your homepage
- Automatically colors or gradient-colors your texts with up to 3 different colors.
Also works for BB Code! :-)
- Can automatically check the program version. (If there is a new one, you can download it with 1 click)
- You can create links to maps, websites, folders, ... in the popup menu and change the resolution of the WarCraft III window (and start WarCraft in windowed mode)
- Cointains a damage calculator (sppears automatically when editing the damage values of a unit)
- The program contains a comfortable tooltip creator with instant preview. rich edit and saveable presets!
The integrated tooltip editor can replace the standard WarCraft dialog for string-editing!!!

Enjoy!

Keywords:
Colorpicker, W3Colorpicker, Tooltip Creator, Save Colors, Integrated Tooltip Editor, Resolution Changer
Contents

W3Colorpicker v3.06b (W3-integrated tooltip editor (Binary)

Reviews
17:01, 15th Jun 2008 TriggerHappy: We already have enough of this type of tool, we honestly don't need another. If you feel your version provides something that other programs of this type don't have feel free to PM me.
Level 13
i run it and it does nothing... just a small icon on the right-down side of the screen

What happens when you click on it? (right or left click)
Which version of Windows are you running?

Try this:
Overwrite everything in the 'Colorpicker.ini' file (should be where you have the 'Colorpicker.exe' file with this:

[Settings]
ActionOnStartup=0
SmartEdit=0
AutoVC=0
Lang=1

If it doesn't change anything delete the file.

@zipeater1990: a damage calculator is a good idea ;-) Maybe I'll add that later today :D

//Edit: robikun: I guess it's because the server is down in the moment which causes the program to freeze. I now programmed it so it doesn't freeze when it can't connect to the server.
Just paste the bold line above into the colorpicker.ini (you might have to create that file first) then it should work until i upload the next version.

//Edit2: Ok I believe I fixed the bug now robikun. just download the latest version from here and you should be fine :)

Last edited: