• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

W3 Frozen Chess 1.30

Reactions: Flux
This map is protected!

Using Humans, Orcs, Night Elves or Undead, play Frozen Chess against a human opponent, in this map tribute to the PC classic Battlechess. Each unit will engage in combat when "eating" a unit, with its own attack; no custom models; selecting a piece will show you all the possible movements; you can re-start the game at the end; ending cinematic showing actual winner and loser; timed game available. Slots for observers.
Contents

W3 Frozen Chess 1.30 (Map)

Reviews
Craka_J: I like how these Chess maps work. Approved.

M

Craka_J: I like how these Chess maps work. Approved.

Level 8
An chess AI in wc3 would need extensive chess and programming knowledge. Do you now how chess engines works? I do, and i say that would be nice, but would be damn hard too.

Level 30
Guys, this map is made in 2007. So there's a huge load of codes and triggers being assembled in a most minimal degree of preparation, especially when it is chess. This map can work at patch 1.20.

There is no AI, and yes there are problems when trying this one out in single player. So this game relies with real time players. Also if you guys are having problems with playing it, I suggest not using the latest patch. That's all.