1. Are you planning to upload your awesome tool to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    July 9, 2018: The rules for the Tool Section have been revised. Please be sure to read the revisions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

W3 Damage and Armor Calculator v0.3

Submitted by Triax
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
This is the first ressource I bring to you, a little tribute. ;)
As I noticed that some people like calucators for damage and armor, I did one on my own because those I tested had bugs or did not include either armor or damage calculation. So here is one including both plus hero attributes. Have fun with this! =)

To those who get errors when trying to fill in values:
- If there's just a '-' in the input, it errors. That's logical, but as soon as I have an idea for making that more user-friendly I will.
- If that's not what you did, please tell me what you put into what field, or (what would be best) post a screenshot.

I need some help with attack cooldown calculation.
I looked it up in the game constants and it says that with each agility point cooldown is decreased by 0.02.
Now I ask myself: Does this actually mean that you need 0.02 seconds less, or is the current cooldown reduced by 2%?
Also, what is the maximum attack rate for units? There is a certain limit, changing from unit to unit. How is that calculated?

Version changes
0.2b Did something about the reset buttons (didn't reset all the things they should).
I also added some lines so maybe that's it already, would be nice if you tried it again.
0.3 Revised armor calculation, should be working now
Several little things

Keywords:
warcraft, wc, wc3, tool, calculator, calculation, damage, armor
Contents

W3 Damage and Armor Calculator v0.3 (Binary)

Reviews
15:36, 22nd Dec 2009 TriggerHappy: Erm, I got an error message each time I changed a value. The error was in German or something so I cannot decipher it. There was also no '-'s at all.
  1. 15:36, 22nd Dec 2009
    TriggerHappy:

Erm, I got an error message each time I changed a value.
    The error was in German or something so I cannot decipher it.

There was also no '-'s at all.

2. Triax

Triax

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't know whether it's working on Windows Vista, it would be really cool if someone tested that. =)

Also, I'm not sure whether the formula for damage reduction is right. It's currently (armor * 0.06)/(armor * 0.06 + 1). Does somebody know whether that's the way it's calculated?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  3. Element of Water

Element of Water

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I'm sorry, but that damage/armour calculator is just too simple. It doesn't have enough options, like seeing how 2 units would do in a fight against each other, etc. Whats it does do works, however, so if you could add more options it might prove to be better than some other damage/armour calculators out there at the moment.

4. Triax

Triax

Resources:
    Resources:
    I totally agree with you, several faults I did came to my mind right after I uploaded it, so I worked on this, but somehow forgot to upload the thing.
    So I changed the design and added some options.

One question about the cooldown: How is that calculated? I looked it up in the game constants and it says that with each agility point cooldown is decreased by 0.02.
    Now I ask myself: Does this actually mean that you need 0.02 seconds less, or is the current cooldown reduced by 2%?
    Also, what is the maximum attack rate for units? There is a certain limit, changing from unit to unit. How is that calculated?

Also, in the constants it's said that hero's have a base defense of -2 and that with each agility point it's increased by 0.3. But as I had a look on the Mountain King (level 1), he had 2 armor. He should have 1.3, so I guess 1 should be displayed. I'm confused. oO

And third, the formula for the armor in percent is wrong (compared to those displayed ingame), but I couldn't find any other. Somebody know how it's calculated?

I don't know whether I find the time and patience to do what you said about 2 units fighting each other, but it's really an interesting point. But before I haven't get behind these 2 points, it doesn't make sense.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2009
  5. Element of Water

Element of Water

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I think, if you don't know all of these calculations, you shouldn't really be doing a damage calculator anyway, because if you don't know any of the stuff, your program can't be accurate... my advice is ditch it, and don't start something without knowing how.

6. Triax

Triax

Resources:
    Resources:
    Dear Element of Water, I won't.
    I've been aware of the armor thing since I uploaded the program and mentioned it in the description. I know about the problems the program has, but the damage calculation is fine. Thanks for your opinion, but help would be appreciated.

7. HydraRancher

HydraRancher

Resources:
    Resources:
    I get this strange foreign error when I try to do anything >.>

8. Element of Water

Element of Water

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Ah yeah, that's a thing I forgot to mention - whenever you press backspace it says you can't (in german).

9. Zirun-Galad

Zirun-Galad

Resources:
    Resources:
    Pretty useful tool(Its easy to use and its accurate to say at least).
    So i will give it 4/5,because it still needs some improvements before
    i give it an 5/5.

10. Triax

Triax

Resources:
    Resources:
    Doh, fixed that. :hohum:

11. HydraRancher

HydraRancher

Resources:
    Resources:
    Fixed? :hohum: doesnt seem like it, when I type or press reset or do anything on that matter it errors :nw:.

12. Triax

Triax

Resources:
    Resources:
    Then what are you typing? You know you're just allowed to use numbers and one comma per field? Reset does not error either.

I dunno whether you need that .NET framework thing, maybe that's why?

13. HydraRancher

HydraRancher

Resources:
    Resources:
    I dled, opened. Selected one of the fields. Typed "4" ERROR. I backspace. ERROR. I reset. ERROR :hohum:

14. Triax

Triax

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sorry, I dunno what's wrong. I downloaded it myself to make sure we really use the same version and I don't have those problems (on two different computers). So as long you've got the latest version and didn't hit your computer I don't know what's causing this. Anybody else having this bug?

15. Slashbang

Slashbang

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah has the same prob dude

16. Triax

Triax

Resources:
    Resources:
    [0.2b now]
    Did something about the reset buttons (didn't reset all the things they should).
    I also added some lines so maybe that's it already, would be nice if you tried it again.

If you still get errors please tell me what you put into what field or better post a screenshot. Thanks.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2009
  17. TheSlaveOfGod

TheSlaveOfGod

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    If there is a comma it gets messed up!
    (HOW DO I UPLOAD IMAGES??)
    Ill show you a image.

18. Ricardo Irving

Ricardo Irving

Resources:
    Resources:
    Unacceptable. Port to Mac.

19. lafatu

lafatu

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think its a very good program cause being able to contribute overall dmg and armor is nice