• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WCIII Armor-Damage Reduction Calculator

Reactions: BiroN and nickel510
This Tool will allow you to find the specific damage reduction value associated with a units armor value.
-You can view both the WC3 GUI Value or the raw damage reduction value.
-You can modify the reduction% from 6% to any other positive value, allows you to calculate gameplay constant changes
-This is useful if you are making an rpg/hero arena etc.. and you wish to know how much damage reduction a hero will recieve with a certain amount of armor
-This is in fact using the exact formula that wc3 uses to calculate damage reduction from armor

*note a unit can NEVER receive 100% damage reduction, the value should reach 99.9% when the armor reaches (99,999/reduction%) or (16666 armor with 6% reduction) which is most likely impossible in WC3

-This will only work for windows
-Coded in VB'08/VB.net
-Please give any Feedback/Suggestions/Future requests

-13Stallion

Keywords:
armor, damage, reduction, calculator
Contents

WCIII Armor-Damage Reduction Calculator (Binary)

Reviews
19:48, 18th Jun 2010 TriggerHappy: Can be useful.
Level 2
This tool proved useful to me as i didn't know exactly how much the raw damage reduction is and how the value for 1 point of armor decreases as armor itself increases.

Level 6
Should make a reset button, for teh noobs who dont know the default armor reduction %

You also dont need the calculate button if the results are automatically updated when you enter the numbers.

Level 8
What is the forumula Blizzard uses then? Also, not doubting you or anything, but where did you find the formula? I was kind of looking for it myself and couldn't find it anywhere. I wonder why they did it this way...

Thanks man this is useful, +rep.

Level 1
Informative

I am very much pleased with the contents you have mentioned. I wanted to thank you for this great discussion.I love it greatly because I cannot find anything better than your authors.

Level 1
Great program (works great if you can have the program running and wc3 in window mode), though I have a question:

Are there any maps that allow you to use this as practice; specifically, give you ratios, feedback and damage values?

edit: So far I would give this a five for what the program does. I just wish it did more but it does say an armor calculator!

Last edited: