• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

VJASS/Jass KnockBack(Help)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
you probly asking yourself why did i post here thatz becuz i got a Vjass system made by dynasti, but he didnt made a spell exemple that i could use with Thunderclap

what do i need :
I wants a trigger(spell) that use Thunderclap as ability
Need bit Customizable( i only need coment on those customizable variable)
Indeed its need damage(put it to 100 i got my own formula)
AOE = 700
I wish Lenght of knockingback could be customizable

to counter Glitch ; if unit stop its must stop knockbacking back if the spell duration is end( if u got better way to fix go for it)

if any question pm me or ask here,

p.s. i know how to use jass or read but i cannot make them becuz i failed at

there is the system
JASS:
// ||-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-||
// ||                                                                                                             ||
// ||                                         Knockback System v1.3a                                              ||
// ||                                              By Dynasti                                                     ||
// ||                                                                                                             ||
// ||-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-||
// ||                                        Members of the Struct Data                                           ||
// ||    u    -    The unit that is being draged.                                                                 ||
// ||    v    -    The Velocity the unit is traveling in                                                          ||
// ||    vd   -    The Velocity decreasement                                                                      ||
// ||    cos  -    The Cos value for the angle.                                                                   ||
// ||    sin  -    The Sin value for the angle.                                                                   ||
// ||    r    -    A real value used to kill destructables within a desired range                                 ||
// ||    s    -    A String used to call an effect.                                                               ||
// ||    e    -    Effect that is used for a trail effect.                                                        ||
// ||    i    -    Real used to count up the time between effects( Only used if the parameter "real EffectSpawn"  ||
// ||              is greater than 0                                                                              ||
// ||    er   -    Integer used to tell the system when to create the effect, read below to understand more of it.||
// ||    p    -    A boolean used to determine if you want the unit to be paused or not while beign knocked       ||
// ||    nX   -    A Static value used for handling the unit ' u 's X.                                            ||
// ||    nY   -    A Static value used for handling the unit ' u 's Y.                                            ||
// ||    R    -    A Static rect used to kill nearby destructables                                                ||
// ||                                               Global Memebers                                               ||
// ||    FPS(40)         -    A constant value used for the looping function, Lower values = Less lag.            ||
// ||    EffectRandom(4) -    A constant value used for creating the trail effects. Higher numbers will result in ||
// ||                         higher randomness of effects.(This does only apply if you want a random effectspawn ||
// ||    Index           -    An integer array used for an indexing system.                                       ||
// ||    Total           -    An integer used for an indexing system.                                             ||
// ||    Tim             -    A Timer used for the looping action.                                                ||
// ||    MAX_X           -    A Real used for checking if the knocked unit gets off bounds.                       ||
// ||    MAX_Y           -    A Real used for checking if the knocked unit gets off bounds.                       ||
// ||    MIN_X           -    A Real used for checking if the knocked unit gets off bounds.                       ||
// ||    MIN_Y           -    A Real used for checking if the knocked unit gets off bounds.                       ||
// ||                                             Tips'n tricks                                                   ||
// ||    1. - If you dont want any trees/destructables to be destroyed in it's path then call the radius with 0   ||
// ||    2. - On the call you need one integer called EffectInt and 2 strings called Effect and EffectAttach, If  ||
// ||         want a looping effect( an effect that is spawned at each interval ) then you do the call with the   ||
// ||         EffectInt being '1' and the Effect being "YourEffect" and dont forget to set the EffectAttach to "".||
// ||         If you want a constant effect that stays on the unit untill the end of the knockback, do the call   ||
// ||         with the EffectInt being '2' and the Effect being "YourEffect" and for the EffectAttach being       ||
// ||         "YourEffectAttach".                                                                                 ||
// ||         If you want both at the same time you call with EffectInt being '3'.                                ||
// ||    3. - As i have experienced there are times when you need to pause the unit while knocking it and         ||
// ||         sometimes not. That is why i have added a boolean to the call, called Pause.                        ||
// ||         It is really simple, just set it to false if you dont want the knocked unit to be paused and false  ||
// ||         for not.                                                                                            ||
// ||                                                 The Call                                                    ||
// ||    KnockbackEx function:                                                                                    ||
// ||        - unit Unit : The unit being knocked.                                                                ||
// ||        - real Distance : The distance the knoced unit is going to travlel.                                  ||
// ||        - real RadAngle : The angle the knocked unit is being knocked( In Radians ).                         ||
// ||        - real Time : The time it takes to knock the unit.                                                   ||
// ||        - real Radius : The radius to kill nearby destructables( for example trees ) on collision.           ||
// ||        - boolean Pause : If you want the knocked unit to be paused while knocked then call it with true.    ||
// ||        - real EffectSpawn : This determines if you want the effect spawning to be random or not.            ||
// ||                                Set it to ' 0 ' for random spawning of effect. Else if it is greater than    ||
// ||                                ' 0 ' then the effect will be created every "EffectSpawn" interval.          ||
// ||                                Lets say it is set to ' 0.25 ', then the effect will be created              ||
// ||                                every 0.25 secs of knockback time.                                           ||
// ||        - integer EffectInt : The effect integer( read above for more info ).                                ||
// ||        - string Effect : The path of the effect( read above for more info ).                                ||
// ||        - string EffectAttach : The path for the attaching of the Effect( read above for more info ).        ||
// ||    Knockback function( Good for less complicated knockbacks):                                               ||
// ||        - unit Unit : The unit being knocked.                                                                ||
// ||        - real Distance : The distance the knoced unit is going to travlel.                                  ||
// ||        - real RadAngle : The angle the knocked unit is being knocked( In Radians ).                         ||
// ||        - real Time : The time it takes to knock the unit.                                                   ||
// ||        - boolean Pause : If you want the knocked unit to be paused while knocked then call it with true.    ||
library Knockback initializer Init

globals
        private constant integer FPS = 40 // Higher than 40 may cause lags. Because 40 fps is 0.025 interval and 60 is 0.01.

private constant integer EffectRandom = 4 // 4 is 25% chance of the effect spawning( Looping effect )

private integer array Index
        private integer Total = 0
        private timer Tim = CreateTimer()

private real MAX_X
        private real MAX_Y
        private real MIN_X
        private real MIN_Y

private boolexpr FilterDestructables

private real Interval
    endglobals

private function DestructableFilter takes nothing returns boolean
        local destructable d = GetFilterDestructable()
        if GetWidgetLife(d) > .405 and not IsDestructableInvulnerable(d) then
            call KillDestructable(d)
        endif
        set d = null
        return false
    endfunction

private keyword Data // If not here then the loop cannot be put over the struct( Why is because the struct needs the function for the timer )

private function Loop takes nothing returns nothing
        local Data dat
        local integer i=0

loop
            exitwhen i >= Total
            set dat = Index[i]

if dat.v <= 0 then
                if dat.s != "" and dat.s != null then
                    if dat.e != null then
                        call DestroyEffect(dat.e)
                        set dat.e = null
                    endif
                    set dat.s = null
                elseif dat.e != null then
                    call DestroyEffect(dat.e)
                    set dat.e = null
                endif

if dat.p then
                    call PauseUnit(dat.u, false)
                    set dat.p = false
                endif

set dat.u = null

call dat.destroy()

set Total = Total - 1
                set Index[i] = Index[Total]

set i = i - 1
            else
                set dat.nX = GetUnitX(dat.u) + dat.v * dat.cos
                set dat.nY = GetUnitY(dat.u) + dat.v * dat.sin

if dat.nX < MAX_X and dat.nY < MAX_Y and dat.nX > MIN_X and dat.nY > MIN_Y and GetWidgetLife(dat.u) > .405 then
                    call SetUnitX(dat.u, dat.nX)
                    call SetUnitY(dat.u, dat.nY)

if dat.r > 0 then // If the member ' r ' is greater than 0 it will destroy destructables in a desired range
                        set dat.R = Rect(dat.nX - dat.r, dat.nY - dat.r, dat.nX + dat.r, dat.nY + dat.r)
                        call EnumDestructablesInRect(dat.R, FilterDestructables, null)
                    endif

if dat.s != "" and dat.s != null then
                        if dat.er == 0 then
                            if GetRandomInt(1, EffectRandom) == EffectRandom then // Here is where the global random integer is used
                                call DestroyEffect(AddSpecialEffect(dat.s, dat.nX, dat.nY))
                            endif
                        elseif dat.i >= dat.er then
                            call DestroyEffect(AddSpecialEffect(dat.s, dat.nX, dat.nY))
                            set dat.i = 0
                        else
                            set dat.i = dat.i + Interval
                        endif
                    endif

set dat.v = dat.v - dat.vd
                else
                    set dat.v = 0
                endif
            endif

set i = i + 1
        endloop

if Total == 0 then
            call PauseTimer(Tim)
        endif
    endfunction

private struct Data
        unit u

real v = 0
        real vd

real cos
        real sin

real r = 0

string s
        effect e

real i = 0
        real er = 0

boolean p

static real nX
        static real nY
        static rect R = Rect(0,0,0,0)

static method Start takes unit u, real d, real a, integer t, real r, boolean p, real er, integer i, string s, string s2 returns nothing
            local Data dat = Data.allocate()

set dat.u = u
            set dat.er = er

set dat.v  = 2*d / (t + 1)
            set dat.vd = dat.v / t

set dat.cos = Cos(a)
            set dat.sin = Sin(a)

if s != "" and s != null then
                if i == 1 then
                    set dat.s = s
                elseif i == 2 then
                    set dat.e = AddSpecialEffectTarget(s, u, s2)
                elseif i == 3 then
                    set dat.s = s
                    set dat.e = AddSpecialEffectTarget(s, u, s2)
                endif
            endif

if p then
                call PauseUnit(u, true)
                set dat.p = p
            endif

if r > 0 then
                set dat.r = r
            endif

if Total == 0 then
                call TimerStart(Tim, Interval, true, function Loop)
            endif

set Index[Total] = dat
            set Total = Total + 1
        endmethod
    endstruct

function KnockbackEx takes unit Unit, real Distance, real RadAngle, real Time, real Radius, boolean Pause, real EffectSpawn, integer EffectInt, string Effect, string EffectAttach returns nothing
        call Data.Start(Unit, Distance, RadAngle, R2I(Time / Interval), Radius, Pause, EffectSpawn, EffectInt, Effect, EffectAttach)
    endfunction

function Knockback takes unit Unit, real Distance, real RadAngle, real Time, boolean Pause returns nothing
        call Data.Start(Unit, Distance, RadAngle, R2I(Time / Interval), 0, Pause, 0, 0, "", "")
    endfunction

private function Init takes nothing returns nothing
        set MAX_X = GetRectMaxX(bj_mapInitialPlayableArea)
        set MAX_Y = GetRectMaxY(bj_mapInitialPlayableArea)
        set MIN_X = GetRectMinX(bj_mapInitialPlayableArea)
        set MIN_Y = GetRectMinY(bj_mapInitialPlayableArea)

set FilterDestructables = Condition(function DestructableFilter)

set Interval = (1.0 / FPS)
    endfunction
endlibrary

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.