• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Vision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
hi. ok sorry to ask a noob question but i'm having trouble with vision triggers. 2 problems but i bet they can both be solved with 1 answer.

i want it so at the start of the game, an area is covered in black mask (the type where the terrain doesn't appear on the mini map, and when you put a unit into it, its like fog of war, except where the unit has explored, it just gets covered up again)

i used this trigger

• instilisation stuff
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Visibility - Enable fog of war
      • Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for Player 1 (Red) emitting Black mask across mass black mask <gen>
but that didn't work. so i tried this:

• instilisation stuff
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Visibility - Enable fog of war
      • Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for Player 1 (Red) emitting Black mask across mass black mask <gen>
      • Set Temp_Visi = (Last created visibility modifier)
      • Visibility - Enable Temp_Visi
both didn't work. these are just cuts from a big initializations trigger. the other stuff works.

another example that doesn't work i'm trying to make it so when a unit enters a region (its a big region) that it can see for miles around:

• vision
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters (region) <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) emitting Visibility across (region) <gen>
+
  • unvision
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit leaves (region) <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) emitting Black mask across (region) <gen>
and that doesn't work.

help appreciated :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.