• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Visibility of iten (torch)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Kinda sounds like you wanna change the vision range of the unit.
I don't recall if there's an action to do that, but try looking/searching in the editor.

Level 20
There's API already implemented for that on versions 1.31+ one can now manipulate sight range on run-time through units field. You must use triggers for detecting if the unit acquires the torch (not sure if you're referring to use an item ability)

Level 8
Could also give the torch the sight range bonus ability, I think.
Definitely not a bad idea, but this wouldn't change his vision to be lower when entering a cave.
However, one could expand on this idea, by giving the units a standard vision range that corresponds to the vision in the cave, then give them an improved vision spell that is set to level 2 when outside (for "normal vision"), set to level 1 when in a cave (for "darkened vision") and then set to level 3 for when you're holding a torch inside a cave.
That way, you gain control over the vision field of the unit in versions prior to 1.31
For 1.31+ though, I guess one could just use the API.

Status
Not open for further replies.