• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Setting visibility to a unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
i have this script: call SetDayNightModels("", "")
and i really don't know what exactly it does but it made my map a lot scarier.

but since i have used this script i have relied on torch, light, etc for visibility. but what i wanted actually was for

example: lets use the model TorchHumanOmni.mdx from the hive

1. the owner of the villager; lets call him player1 :), has this model attach to the overhead of his unit, making his unit to have a small amount of visibility around him

2. the ally or enemy of player1; lets call him player2 :), is near player1's unit. naturally, player2 should notice player1's unit since its too visible in the dark because of the model attached to player1's unit.

3. how can i set that the amount of visibility gained by player1's unit can only be seen by player1 and would not be visible to other players, also stat - sight radius doesnt work, i guess its because of the script

Level 17
i have this script: call SetDayNightModels("", "")
and i really don't know what exactly it does but it made my map a lot scarier.

but since i have used this script i have relied on torch, light, etc for visibility. but what i wanted actually was for

example: lets use the model TorchHumanOmni.mdx from the hive

1. the owner of the villager; lets call him player1 :), has this model attach to the overhead of his unit, making his unit to have a small amount of visibility around him

2. the ally or enemy of player1; lets call him player2 :), is near player1's unit. naturally, player2 should notice player1's unit since its too visible in the dark because of the model attached to player1's unit.

3. how can i set that the amount of visibility gained by player1's unit can only be seen by player1 and would not be visible to other players, also stat - sight radius doesnt work, i guess its because of the script

u add omnilight with special effect? if yes then maybe work local special effect with getlocalplayer

Level 9
@Maker, doesnt work. like i said, sight radius doesn't work.
@shadowvzs, mind triggering it out? i really dont understand scripts

Status
Not open for further replies.