• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Violet Spellwing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Heheard Retera's Model Studio installation requires a 1.32 version above because my Warcraft version is 1.27. I have no idea how to install this Retera's Model Studio and use it to edit the classic version of the model. Could you tell how to install and use Retera's Model Studio?
The program does not require installation. Just download it to any folder and run it. And then she will offer to choose the path to the game data. I don't know for sure about earlier versions, I just have the latest 1.35 version. There you can choose the classic graphics, which I did.

Could you tell how to install and use Retera's Model Studio?
In the starting data chooser that shows for Retera Model Studio, there is a button labelled "Add War3 Install." This button works on a 1.27 install or on a 1.35 install -- the program is interoperable with either version.

I use it on 1.27 routinely, but I don't advertise that as a supported feature much so that I have less to worry about. Also, Patch 1.30 and 1.31 and early versions of 1.32 are not supported anymore, but basically everything after them and before them is supported for the most part.

The confusing part is that I leave this open ended to support either game version despite drastically different game data, and this means the user is free to choose any War3 install that they want but they have to know where the install is located on the computer.

The folder is usually "C:/Program Files (x86)/Warcraft III" for the patch 1.27 if you didn't customize it.

Edit: Obviously if you use the "Classic graphics" option in the War3 install data wizard that was mentioned above by Dragos, this option will not do anything on Patch 1.27 because it has only the classic graphics.

In the starting data chooser that shows for Retera Model Studio, there is a button labelled "Add War3 Install." This button works on a 1.27 install or on a 1.35 install -- the program is interoperable with either version.

I use it on 1.27 routinely, but I don't advertise that as a supported feature much so that I have less to worry about. Also, Patch 1.30 and 1.31 and early versions of 1.32 are not supported anymore, but basically everything after them and before them is supported for the most part.

The confusing part is that I leave this open ended to support either game version despite drastically different game data, and this means the user is free to choose any War3 install that they want but they have to know where the install is located on the computer.

The folder is usually "C:/Program Files (x86)/Warcraft III" for the patch 1.27 if you didn't customize it.

Edit: Obviously if you use the "Classic graphics" option in the War3 install data wizard that was mentioned above by Dragos, this option will not do anything on Patch 1.27 because it has only the classic graphics.
Look, this is my choice. I don't know if there is something wrong. My 1.27 version of War3 is stored on local disk D. Can you give me instructions on how to install this program? If there is any picture, let me follow the picture tutorial?

Attachments

• Snipaste_2023-02-15_07-41-01.png
    Snipaste_2023-02-15_07-41-01.png
    68.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Snipaste_2023-02-15_07-47-52.png
    Snipaste_2023-02-15_07-47-52.png
    24.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Snipaste_2023-02-15_07-48-25.png
    Snipaste_2023-02-15_07-48-25.png
    67.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Snipaste_2023-02-15_07-48-33.png
    Snipaste_2023-02-15_07-48-33.png
    70.2 KB · Views: 7
It appears that in the Warcraft 3 data source chooser, you did not push "Clear All" then "Add War3 Install Directory" on your "Warcraft III Frozen Throne" folder.

The word "CASC" refers to the Patch 1.30+ database system. So if it shows the word "CASC" then it is wrong for Patch 1.27 and you should delete that.

Also, your MPQ data from Patch 1.27 in the picture shown is in the wrong order and would not work, even if you delete the CASC settings. That is why using "Clear All" followed by "Add War3 Install Directory" will reset everything to the default which may fix it.

It appears that in the Warcraft 3 data source chooser, you did not push "Clear All" then "Add War3 Install Directory" on your "Warcraft III Frozen Throne" folder.

The word "CASC" refers to the Patch 1.30+ database system. So if it shows the word "CASC" then it is wrong for Patch 1.27 and you should delete that.

Also, your MPQ data from Patch 1.27 in the picture shown is in the wrong order and would not work, even if you delete the CASC settings. That is why using "Clear All" followed by "Add War3 Install Directory" will reset everything to the default which may fix it.
I followed the method you said, also arranged the order, and successfully opened the program in 1.24 version War3. However, when I watch your video introduction and installation, there are national language choices. Can you add a language choice for the installation of this classic version of the program for us to use?

Attachments

• B)FUR$TH$483PGZ_QH98(IJ.png
    B)FUR$TH$483PGZ_QH98(IJ.png
    124.7 KB · Views: 2
Can you add a language choice for the installation of this classic version of the program for us to use?
Unfortunately, no, it does not work like that. In your screenshot, you can see it is already loading language from the units on the Unit Browser. On the game version 1.24, there is only one language inside your game installation, so there is not an option to choose a different language from within that game installation.

For the Retera Model Studio application itself (not the Warcraft Data) there are English Language buttons and titles. These features have no translation that I know of. I heard a rumor one time that someone was trying to make a translation of Retera Model Studio a few years ago, but at the time that he was making the translation I was very busy and I did not help him, so he might have given up.

Unfortunately, no, it does not work like that. In your screenshot, you can see it is already loading language from the units on the Unit Browser. On the game version 1.24, there is only one language inside your game installation, so there is not an option to choose a different language from within that game installation.

For the Retera Model Studio application itself (not the Warcraft Data) there are English Language buttons and titles. These features have no translation that I know of. I heard a rumor one time that someone was trying to make a translation of Retera Model Studio a few years ago, but at the time that he was making the translation I was very busy and I did not help him, so he might have given up.
If it's a version problem, what should I do to get the program back to the previous interface, so that I can choose another version, War3?

The other version of Warcraft 3 that offers a choice will still not change the Retera Model Studio text. There are two kinds of text. There is Retera Model Studio text, and there is Warcraft 3 text. Only the Warcraft 3 text can change language.

If you need to get to the previous menu, you can go to "Edit" then "Preferences Window" then choose the tab on the right that says "Warcraft Data".
If your program has a problem and will not start, you can reset this in %AppData%\ReteraStudio by deleting the file there called user.profile and then it will give you the Warcraft Data menu again on startup.

The other version of Warcraft 3 that offers a choice will still not change the Retera Model Studio text. There are two kinds of text. There is Retera Model Studio text, and there is Warcraft 3 text. Only the Warcraft 3 text can change language.

If you need to get to the previous menu, you can go to "Edit" then "Preferences Window" then choose the tab on the right that says "Warcraft Data".
If your program has a problem and will not start, you can reset this in %AppData%\ReteraStudio by deleting the file there called user.profile and then it will give you the Warcraft Data menu again on startup.
So that is what it is. It seems that using this program also requires a person who can translate the program. Thank you for your guidance, maybe I am too greedy, persistent in the translation problem of this program, disturb you. At the same time, I wish you a happy life, smooth work!

Status
Not open for further replies.