• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

VillagerWoman.blp

Reactions: David
Please give me credits if you use it and don't edit without my permision!
Enjoy :D

Keywords:
Woman, Villager.
Contents

VillagerWoman (Texture)

Reviews
23:27, 23rd Oct 2012 Kwaliti: A rather fine concept, subdued by lack of shading. It would be great if you could work something out about it before I approve the skin. EDIT: You're on the right track. Now, add some wrinkles to the skirt...

M

23:27, 23rd Oct 2012
Kwaliti:

A rather fine concept, subdued by lack of shading. It would be great if you could work something out about it before I approve the skin.

EDIT: You're on the right track. Now, add some wrinkles to the skirt.

EDIT: Alrighty, approved.

Level 12
why was this approved? when it's clearly seen it needs helluva more work? o_O
now i can state that Hive declines...>.>

at least to something with those eyes and irises.. screenshot shows friken blocks in her eyes

thanks for your concern, sir.
i'm newbie on skin, could you please tell me what should i do to her eyes and irises ? what do you mean by friken block ? should i delete these resource ? i don't mind to delete this since it doesn't look to be worth approved by some people but please don't blame Hive for this :vw_death:

usfshihy said:
looks more like a wedding bride

yes i'm sorry xD, on the description it said that
it is supposed to replace a villager woman model with sorceress hair, but it doesn't exist in here

since she doesn't have any attack animation, i agree that it looks more like a wedding bride. but i hope that someone would be kind enough to put attack animation for her :D

[QUOTE="Earthshaker]Nice.. looks like an ice princess..
4/5. [/QUOTE]

Thanks alot :D

Last edited:
thanks for your concern, sir.
i'm newbie on skin, could you please tell me what should i do to her eyes and irises ? what do you mean by friken block ? should i delete these resource ? i don't mind to delete this since it doesn't look to be worth approved by some people but please don't blame Hive for this :vw_death:

well no, you shouldn't delete it.. it is approved after all
as for the eye irises, i'm not really sure which part of the mesh is the iris.. i'll have to re-check and then tell you

also.. you could have a better try at the hair, maybe to look like this in texture http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...975/?prev=search=villager%20woman&d=list&r=20

EDIT: hmm.. maybe.. if you painted black over one little purple roundish-ish thingie, then you need to redo that tiny part, since that seems to be the iris texture, it's just below this other little strange tex patch, which is right below the base of her neck
EDIT2:
iristex.jpg

Level 12
looks good. between 0.9 and 1.4 you don't notice the lack of shading, but it could be added easily enough.

looks cool man....GIVES ME IDEAS........ HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

thanks a lot, but somehow i can't understand how the shading and highlight works, even after i read tutorials here in hive, maybe i just need to read it again.

Take another look at the tutorials. Try to put in practice what you learned from these tutorials.
In the current state is lacking....needs more work, more freehand ...:(

i will, thanks for that. but the part that i'd changed (clothes, arm, wrist, and the waist) is all freehanded :O

Looks like a villager woman, shaded with midnight lighting, and it's blue... Keep it up! Make more and more textures...

thanks for the support :D

thanks a lot, but somehow i can't understand how the shading and highlight works, even after i read tutorials here in hive, maybe i just need to read it again.

that's something i also was troubled with until i got someone that actually shaded something in front of me.. i guess that's something only direct teaching and practice work.. but not many are lucky to have an actual comic book drawing teacher :b

once you understand from where the light is coming from, everything gets easy
(for war3 it's directly from up)

Level 12
that's something i also was troubled with until i got someone that actually shaded something in front of me.. i guess that's something only direct teaching and practice work.. but not many are lucky to have an actual comic book drawing teacher :b

once you understand from where the light is coming from, everything gets easy
(for war3 it's directly from up)

well, my school teachers did show me how to shade, but he's using only black and white color not a colored drawing :ogre_rage:

anyway, i want to ask what's the meaning of downloads 33(33), or 112(48) what's the meaning of the bracket numbers ?

well, my school teachers did show me how to shade, but he's using only black and white color not a colored drawing :ogre_rage:

anyway, i want to ask what's the meaning of downloads 33(33), or 112(48) what's the meaning of the bracket numbers ?

you simply shade over the color, as if it isn't colored, silly o_O

EDIT: you do need a separate layer in case you mess up

Level 4
I really like the texture, I do think that anger is a normal working day in your neighborhood, no more nothing to say thanks for your input.

PD: punctuation; 5/5.