• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Tower Defense] Vigilance - Dimming Lights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
Vigilance: A Work in Progress

Dimming Lights

dimming-lights-logo-2-png.255354

Description: Vigilance is a tower defence style single player campaign heavily inspired by the game Kingdom Rush. It will take place after the happenings of Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne and will pit you as the commander of a defensive force in service of the humans of Stormwind. You will have to use the vast array of towers and abilities at your disposal to defend the defenceless citizens of Elwynn Forest and other surrounding areas from the devious and destructive forces that wants to take their lives! Kobolds, Bandits and Gnolls to name a few. The story of this campaign will follow its own course, so even though you will recognise characters and locations from the Warcraft universe, it will not be cannon. With this campaign I aim to tell my own story, set in one of my favourite franchises.

Furthermore, the story will begin in a light-hearted and humorous manner, but will eventually take a darker turn. It will be divided into three main acts, and each act will consist of five stages each. I will release these acts one at a time, and only when I deem them 100% finished. This thread is a work in progress, so don’t take anything in here as a final product or idea. Things may, and likely will, shift around a lot before the end. Wish me good luck!

Terrains
TDWIP9.png
TDWIP3.png
TDWIP7.png
More Terrains at: Vigilance - Terrains

Stages:

first-act-alt-png.257116

dividing-line-png.257127

1. (Tutorial) Northshire: Edwin VanCleef has escaped the Stockades of Stormwind and is hiding in a bandit camp somewhere in the flowery gardens of Northshire. You must find and recapture this traitorous dog for the glory of the king! (90% Finished)
Demo: Clicky

Map: NOVER.png

2. Goldshire:
VanCleef escaped! But we have a new problem now, Commander, the Flickerlight kobolds are invading Goldshire from the west, you must strengthen the defences, Goldshire must not fall! (0% Finished)

3. Westbrook Garrison: Congratulations on the defence of Goldshire, commander! But there is no rest for the wicked, we have reports that VanCleef has arrived safely at his hideout in Westfall, and he is sending troops to attack Westbrook Garrison! He’s even riled up the local gnoll warlord: Hogger. We must come to their aid at once! (40% Finished)

Map: WGOVER.png

4. VanCleef's Hideout:
That was a close one, commander! VanCleef is hiding in the southern part of Westfall and his bandits have set up camp all along the coastline. What’s more, our scouts are reporting that there’s something funny going on with the gnomish robot scarecrows walking the fields. Nevertheless, we’ll take down VanCleef this time! (70% Finished)

Map: VHOVER.png

5. Maclure Vineyards: Nice catch commander! That bastard wont threaten Stormwind ever again. You have earned a good long rest back in Stormwind, but before you return home, the Maclures have reported strange sightings near their camps, and this time it’s not about the Stonefields! They say the kobolds are getting wilder. We must investigate. (0% Finished)

dividing-line-png.257127

Towers: All towers have three standard upgrades and two special upgrades.

Archer Tower: Fast attacks, piercing attacks.
Upgrades:
  • Marksman Tower
  • Huntsman Tower
Mage Tower: Slow attacks, magic damage.
Upgrades:
  • Occult Tower
  • Divine Tower
Siege Tower: Very slow attacks, splash damage.
Upgrades:
  • Trebuchet Tower
  • Guillotine Tower
Barracks: Trains three soldiers that will walk into lane and stop enemies from progressing.
Upgrades:
  • Sanctum
  • Garrison

Last edited:
Level 36
Update!

Added screens of each map I have started working on, and there is now a progress report behind each one.

Don't forget to check out the terrains thread!

Also, you can all support this project by giving me ideas for special events in maps, and possibly unique spells
for the top tier towers. (Each will have 2/3 upgrade-able spells.) All support is appreciated :)

Level 14
2 things I could think of:

a) nake the maps interactive
b) provide more dimensions of defense

example for a)
Maybe you could make these maps interactive? Just as an example, one could turn the statues by clicking on them in a certain degree or activate them somehow, and if the player gathered enough information from somewhere else, one can activate them in the right sequence and get some bonus on top of that stone in the middle...

example for b)
It would also be cool to have some "third party" support in one of the maps. While you try to keep away the enemy creeps, you got some other factions steam punk bomber or artillery support, that the play may call somewhere on the map.

---
I hope, that somehow may give you some ideas? Can you provide more info about the towers, because right now, it is almost impossible to build some ideas about them.

Level 36
Its been ages, but I'd like to let you all know that I plan on continuing this project this summer.

And as I first little treat for anyone whose interested, I've added a demo map you can download
and try if you like, it's right there in the description for the first stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.